Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus on Ice

Krinkel

Uh, hello, my name is Krinkel, and for those of you who don't know, I'm an amateur science fiction/fantasy writer. I've been playing Warframe for a few years now, and while I wouldn't call myself a veteran I do think I'm well-seasoned. Lately I had the brilliant idea of combining my two interests, so I made a thing. I didn't see a fan-fiction section, so hopefully I'm not posting it on the right area (I don't post here often)

Rather than dropping an entire novella on you all, I figure I'll break it down into specific chapters and post as I go. That being said, this one is just over two thousand words long, so I wouldn't blame people if they didn't want to bother.

Thoughts and feedback is always welcome, as is laughing at my dumb stuff or berating me for how I've probably botched the lore. Thanks in advance!

I'm so sorry

Edited by Krinkel
Spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

That was a fun read, hope you have more planned because it's quite fun seeing the Origin system through the eyes of our enemies. Also I hope Strova doesn't get ripped apart by some random Nekros looking for torids because she's already my favourite character here lol

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks! Strova's super fun to write for since she's so cheerful

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice story you got here. Shame about Donar being such a shady jerk, but I'd expect as much from Corpus executives. Also, Rahl, you really shouldn't have said that. For all we know, there could be Infestation or worse, a Tenno, prowling around in there. Also, just to satisfy my personal curiosity, roughly where is P63 located?

Edited by Kerberos-3

On 2019-02-19 at 12:49 AM, Kerberos-3 said:

Also, just to satisfy my personal curiosity, roughly where is P63 located?

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/OgnvS6c.png

I debated over whether or not I should actively say or go with the "wait and find out ;)" that some people could do, but here you go!

3 hours ago, Krinkel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I debated over whether or not I should actively say or go with the "wait and find out ;)" that some people could do, but here you go!

Oh my, that is unfortunately close to Heiracon. No wonder P63 is built like a fortress, it has to be to keep the infested out. Well, the chances of Infested attack have just gone up, assuming one of our kind isn't lurking about.

14 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Oh my, that is unfortunately close to Heiracon. No wonder P63 is built like a fortress, it has to be to keep the infested out. Well, the chances of Infested attack have just gone up, assuming one of our kind isn't lurking about.

I mean, those two things are not mutually exclusive factors...

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 4, up and ready to go!

This one's a bit longer than the previous chapters, sitting at about 3k words instead of the usual 2k. Things are moving along pretty nicely, and we're definitely into the main 'meat' of the story at this point. I know the main plot points of where the story is going to go, of course, but the actual word count and number of chapters is a bit more fluid and tends to change as I write.

Thank you for reading!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 5

This is a bit of an odd one. It was originally going to be the opening part of a larger chapter, but as I wrote it I realized that it would take waaaay too long to get through this scene and the rest of the stuff I intended it to cover. So instead I gave it a chapter break and added in a bit more detail so it wouldn't be skimpier than my already relatively short chapters, and here we go! The good news is that this means I have the outline for the next chapter already finished, so I can jump straight into the actual writing parts of it. Another 2k words here, by the way.

Once again, thanks for the read!

Edited by Krinkel
Forgot to mention chapter length

Well, now it really sounds like P63 was working on something it shouldn't have, and was built in a way so as to keep all comers out. Well, pity it didn't work out as planned for our Corpus friends, but I have a feeling they are being tailed by someone. Possibly a spy drone for Donar, but possibly something a fair bit more dangerous than an overly pushy Corpus Executive.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, first of all I'd like to apologize for the delayed chapter. This one is a bit larger than the others (3 thousand words) and I had to deal with some house  remodeling that interfered with my writing schedule, but here's chapter six finally!

We've finally broken through and are hitting the next major plot beat, so ideally things are going to move a bit faster from this point on. I'd like to thank everyone who stuck with it to this point, it's been a ride so far and you've all been wonderful readers. As always, any commentary and feedback is welcome!

Fun fact, Strova is currently the arm-wrestling champion on Regna

Edited by Krinkel
I can't into mobile sometimes

Okay, so the good news is things are moving right along now! Plot's starting to come together, so things might be able to pick up in pace, assuming my amateur writing chops are up to the task. Short-ish chapter, only 1.8k words, but it definitely moves things right along.

As always, commentary and feedback is appreciated! Thank you for reading!

Fun fact: Rahl's personnel dossier lists his three hobbies as "Robots, sleeping, and sarcasm"

Gotta keep moving! 1,900 words! Been hitting some decent strides with the last few chapters, so hopefully I can keep up this pace for a bit longer. We're moving onto the latter half of things now, and while I can't give an exact estimate of how many chapters this will be, I'm aiming for less than twenty. Fifteen maybe? Nothing's set in stone just yet. As always, thank you for reading, and commentary/feedback is more than welcome!

Fun fact: Rahl enjoys watching the late-night Corpus shopping channel just before bed. He claims it's to keep an eye on the robotics market, but the truth is that he finds the vaporwave-esque music soothing and it helps him fall asleep

• Like 1