Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus on Ice

Krinkel

Can we take a moment for how beautifully in Corpus-character this whole operation is?

"There's an infested hive near this place. We get it back online, the Infested are probably gonna eat the whole place, magnifying their strength, possibly more than our Flamer units and the Tenno can keep in check. We may be looking at an SK end-of-the-world scenario if we do this."

"But does it make us some money in the meantime?"

"Yes."

"F***ING SOLD!"

5 hours ago, Krinkel said:

Donar has a very intricate plan involving P63

1. Send a bunch of dudes over to an abandoned site sitting right next to a heavily infested dark sector

2. ???

3. Profit!

Boy do I wish I was there with my Vauban. Crush some Infested, take Rahl's communicator, taunt Donar in a menacing voice(well, as menacing as you can be when you look like you have a train for a head), "recruit" the lot of them into the Tenno forces, claim P63, then waltz my way to Donar's location and bury my Wolf Sledge directly in his cranium.

On 2019-04-24 at 2:38 PM, Kerberos-3 said:

Boy do I wish I was there with my Vauban. Crush some Infested, take Rahl's communicator, taunt Donar in a menacing voice(well, as menacing as you can be when you look like you have a train for a head), "recruit" the lot of them into the Tenno forces, claim P63, then waltz my way to Donar's location and bury my Wolf Sledge directly in his cranium.

Be better if you burned him alive

make him SUFFER

Chapter 9 is up, and I'm glad that I can still manage the chapter per week pace I've got going here. Hopefully these next few chapters are really fun for people to read, because they're pretty damn fun for me to write. This isn't to say that I haven't enjoyed the previous chapters, but I was worried that wandering about a half-ruined site wasn't terribly exciting for some people to enjoy.

2,000 words again. As always, feedback and commentary is welcome. Thanks for reading!

Fun fact: Mikel's previous jobs include being an asteroid miner, a construction worker, leading salvage crews across the Origin system, a Venusian fur trapper, and a used rover salesman

Edited by Krinkel
fixed a typo

On 2019-05-03 at 6:24 AM, Krinkel said:

Chapter 9 is up, and I'm glad that I can still manage the chapter per week pace I've got going here. Hopefully these next few chapters are really fun for people to read, because they're pretty damn fun for me to write. This isn't to say that I haven't enjoyed the previous chapters, but I was worried that wandering about a half-ruined site wasn't terribly exciting for some people to enjoy.

2,000 words again. As always, feedback and commentary is welcome. Thanks for reading!

Fun fact: Mikel's previous jobs include being an asteroid miner, a construction worker, leading salvage crews across the Origin system, a Venusian fur trapper, and a used rover salesman

300 infested!!! my god there so screwed

now I REALLY want burn, send him to the lotus torture chamber, burn again, AND THEN SMASH HIS HEAD IN WITH A SCINDO PRIME!!

Edited by (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989

5 hours ago, Krinkel said:

That's a lotta space zombies. Wonder how they're gonna get out of this one.

May I recommend fire?

On 2019-05-03 at 10:22 AM, (XB1)UpgradeAcorn989 said:

300 infested!!! my go there so screwed

now I REALLY want burn, send him to the lotus torture chamber, burn again, AND THEN SMASH HIS HEAD IN WITH A SCINDO PRIME!!

Oh no, thats too kind a fate for Donar. We'll send him off to Lotus, let her have her "fun", then have him shipped off to Simaris to be used in SO.

Glad I've managed to make an antagonist that gets people's blood boiling so much :)

Also, here's chapter 10! Bit shorter than the others at about 1,800 words, but it's pretty actiony to make up for it. Normally I'd try to fill it up with a bit more stuff, since they're short enough as it is, but it covers one general scene, so I'd rather have a short punch than filler that takes away from the fast pacing I want this section to have. We are in the second half of things, but there's still a ways to go and I have one more big trick up my sleeve I'm really looking forward to throwing out there.

Fun Fact: Travens was once in the same building as a Board of Directors meeting, which is the closest any of these characters have gotten to the top of the Corpus hierarchy.

• 2 weeks later...

Got chapter eleven now! This was a fun chapter to write, since it's almost all action stuff going on. People like cool things happening and doing cool things, both in game and in fiction, so that was definitely something I wanted to show off here. Well, I think it's cool stuff, at least, your mileage may vary as they tend to say. Really this is an exercise at how much I can believably beat up my main cast. Still unsure how many chapters this is going to be total. Probably between 15 and 20, but nothing's set in stone. 2,200 words, so a hair bigger than usual. As always, comments and feedback are welcome in all their forms.

Thank you for reading!

Man, I'm really glad I didn't set this story on Jupiter, since I'd be trying to describe a tileset that no longer exists

Edited by Krinkel
fixed a typo

1 hour ago, Krinkel said:

Got chapter eleven now! This was a fun chapter to write, since it's almost all action stuff going on. People like cool things happening and doing cool things, both in game and in fiction, so that was definitely something I wanted to show off here. Well, I think it's cool stuff, at least, your mileage may vary as they tend to say. Really this is an exercise at how much I can believably beat up my main cast. Still unsure how many chapters this is going to be total. Probably between 15 and 20, but nothing's set in stone. 2,200 words, so a hair bigger than usual. As always, comments and feedback are welcome in all their forms.

Thank you for reading!

Man, I'm really glad I didn't set this story on Jupiter, since I'd be trying to describe a tileset that no longer exists

I think it's cool. Of course, they're no Tenno, but that makes their plucky survival that much better. I mean, who doesn't like seeing regular people survive threats we beat the hell out of all the time? It's grounding. Even one of these monsters would make a pretty solid threat to even elite soldiers - Tenno are just that badass.

However, I have a bad feeling about poor Mikel. Maggots are an infection vector after all...

I managed to get a really productive few sessions in there. Only took me a week, and even then it was a longer chapter than usual, clocking in at 2.7k words here. 

I thought about breaking this into two chapters, but figured since I was so close to the next big plot point I'd try to fit it all into one, so hopefully it doesn't come off as too busy. The next chapter's going to be a doozy, too. I don't mean to hype it up too much, but it's one of the main plot points I've been angling towards for a while now, and is probably one of the bigger turning points in the story. Still gotta straddle that line of things getting way crazy without being too out of hand for what's essentially a side-story in the middle of nowhere, but I'm hoping people enjoy reading this as much as I have writing it!
As always, comments and feedback of all type are welcome, and thank you for reading!

One nice thing about writing Warframe stuff is that I can play the game and say that I'm actually doing work by calling it 'research'

8 minutes ago, Krinkel said:

I managed to get a really productive few sessions in there. Only took me a week, and even then it was a longer chapter than usual, clocking in at 2.7k words here. 

I thought about breaking this into two chapters, but figured since I was so close to the next big plot point I'd try to fit it all into one, so hopefully it doesn't come off as too busy. The next chapter's going to be a doozy, too. I don't mean to hype it up too much, but it's one of the main plot points I've been angling towards for a while now, and is probably one of the bigger turning points in the story. Still gotta straddle that line of things getting way crazy without being too out of hand for what's essentially a side-story in the middle of nowhere, but I'm hoping people enjoy reading this as much as I have writing it!
As always, comments and feedback of all type are welcome, and thank you for reading!

One nice thing about writing Warframe stuff is that I can play the game and say that I'm actually doing work by calling it 'research'

Things are... well I'd say heating up but we're on Pluto, so it'd probably be more accurate to say 'becoming less cold'.

Good stuff, as always.

1 hour ago, Krinkel said:

oh boy this is getting intense, but also so exciting

Oh man the stakes really are getting high. Don't suppose they could still all make it out alive and join the Perrin sequence? JK I'll love the end no matter what. Been lurking around this for a few weeks and I have absolutely loved every minute of it. So action packed but the characters are still phenomenal. Keep up the good work! 

This is a doozy of a chapter. It's one of the biggest points in the whole story, and I can honestly say that it's something I've been trying to build up towards since I started this project nearly six months ago. I'm not the best writer out there, even in the world of amateur fanfiction, so I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone who's taken the time to read this. 2.1k words.

Right now the story's hit a total of 28,622 words