Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Mind Control enemy AI still stinks

ChivalricDeath

It doesn't matter how much damage you pour into an enemy, if they have stormtrooper aim and run around doing nothing then the ability will continue to be useless. I hope you guys do some more tweaks in the wake of the new deluxe skin, since nobody wants to use Nyx atm and I'm pretty sure you want to sell skins so... Get crackin? I dunno man, just give them a damage boost with a calculation based on a percentage of the enemy health or something, that way it scales with long missions, and maybe you can add more damage on top of that by shooting them. 

JUST GIVE US SOMETHING OF ACTUAL VALUE!! PLEASE DE I WILL GIVE YOU MY MONEY

• Like 1

Fixing MC would start with fixing the AI. The MCed AI should take less time doing something else than shooting and ignore non offensive parts of it's AI (such as running to take cover). Making MCed targets faster would also be welcoming, so they take less time shuffling around.

A damage boost won't fix stuff if your MCed target don't attack to begin with.

You complained about tgeir accuracy then said up the damage to fix that...it would compensate but not fix it

Regardless i find the mind control does its job perfectly it hits an enemy turning them to my side for around 70s (modded but not maxed) allies cant damage it unless they're irradiated and it shoots at my enemies some hit some don't the important part is its firing at them and the ai isn't completely dumb since the enemies change to firing at the mind controlled guy (or possibly whichevers closer) takes fire off me adds damage to my enemies and when the ability wears off its a free kill on most mind controlled enemies some survive though like nox if yer worried about them being killed by everything else before they can do much take the strongest one you can always cancel and recast if something much better shows up for example a shotgun grineer to nox (the grineer would die when you cancel it) and if the accuracy is still a huge problem for you use chaos to give the clone some free shots during the stun and if that's still not good enough...use a different frame? Nyx isn't really designed to take hits or anything unless you're using her 4 plus the whole mind control aspect (keyword being control) implies that shes controlling both her actions and the mind controlled persons actions so if anything should be changed about the accuracy id say it should be decreased due to the level of multitasking involved in it

Also you said the damage doesn't matter since their accuracy sucks then said increase the damage more....besides grineer use mostly shotgun and machine gun type stuffs that doesn't require a ton of accuracy to hit and the grineer can hit quite well plus tons of bleed (id recommend mcing a moa though the people tend to miss a bit more i think plus aoe) as for infested...well if melee can miss a lot then i think your games broken or smt

4 hours ago, (XB1)Darthgollum 01 said:

Also you said the damage doesn't matter since their accuracy sucks then said increase the damage more....besides grineer use mostly shotgun and machine gun type stuffs that doesn't require a ton of accuracy to hit and the grineer can hit quite well plus tons of bleed (id recommend mcing a moa though the people tend to miss a bit more i think plus aoe) as for infested...well if melee can miss a lot then i think your games broken or smt

Strangely enough the infested can miss their melee attacks. It doesnt make any sense but it happens.

To be honest, my "ideal" for a MC target AI would be for it to just bum-rush anything it sees with little regard for personal safety, just get right up there and jam their gun into an enemy's face so they don't miss... this is assuming it's a standard ranged/melee unit and not something weird like the Drahk Master, in which case I'd still prefer their default enemy AI over the awkward, sometimes-glitchy and unreliable one we have now. This leash nonsense just doesn't work for me.

Edited by LordMachna

I have some ideas for MC:

1. Change it into Specter AI, specter ai is strong, doesnt matter if they use gorgon, it still do much damage than your ignis wraith build.

You can also command them to follow or stay position.

2. A new mechanic that aggro enemies is good as well.

3. Bypass defense mission kill requirement to next wave.

4. If they dont want, atleast actually replace the ability into summon nyx specter.

Summoning specter just like Loki's Decoy, except this one works like Equinox's Duality augment, it moves with you. With addition to exalted-like slot weapon exclusive to your specter, this also diverse your arsenal to help Nyx actually do damage during mission.

It also bypass Defense's kill requirement to the next wave because summonable unit always your ally and not enemies' (minus revenant's enthrall).

I agree with the others: giving MCed targets more damage isn't going to resolve the issue of their AI being terrible. In general, one of the reasons why minions made from enemies are bad is because, aside from the fact that they deal piddly damage, they appear to use the same AI as actual enemies: while it makes sense for an enemy fighting the player to take cover, to miss their attacks sometimes (especially against a moving target), or to otherwise take their time to challenge the player, instead of mindlessly rushing them, none of this is desirable when said enemy is turned to the player's side. Players don't care about their minions getting hurt, nor does said minion need to calculate accuracy penalties if their target moves, so in those situations you really do just want your minion to become hyper-aggressive and shoot with perfect precision. This should apply to Mind Control, but also to Shadows of the Dead, Inaros's Sand Shadows, Revenant's Thralls, and even just any enemy affected by a Radiation proc, including victims of Nyx's Chaos (which is basically a rad proc with another name).