Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yes or No

(PSN)ForNoPurpose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2019-01-19 at 3:41 AM, (PS4)xathenique said:

Homosexual conversation needs to be allowed in region chat. Its a rated M game for christ sake. How can profanity be an issue? It makes no sense.

What?

Not the thread for this but since it's here; no.  

And to expand on that "no"; that isn't a topic that needs to be discussed in a public channel, nor is politics or religion.  Keep those topics to clan, alliance, PM, team, or 3rd party chat. 

11 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

What?

Not the thread for this but since it's here; no.  

And to expand on that "no"; that isn't a topic that needs to be discussed in a public channel, nor is politics or religion.  Keep those topics to clan, alliance, PM, team, or 3rd party chat. 

Agreed. However, I think for something like this, at some point, a public discussion would have to take place since it involves the public, the community. Although, don't do it here.....ask support/mods/admins/someone from DE for approval for something like this before starting a discussion about it. At least, starting it here on the forums.

I'll add to your "no".

Edited by IllogicalLogic420

Just now, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Agreed. However, I think for something like this, at some point, a public discussion would have to take place since it involves the public, the community. Although, don't do it here.....ask support/mods/admins/someone from DE for approval for something like this before starting a discussion about it. At least, starting it here on the forums.

Considering the international make up of the community, there is no way this would go well and I honestly don't see the need.

What exactly would they be discussing?  What would be the end goal of the discussion?  That it's ok to be anything other than straight?  People have been screaming that since before I was alive and they're still screaming that.  Hek, I scream it at times.

But the most public place in a video game isn't the place for that stuff because of the diversity of the community.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Considering the international make up of the community, there is no way this would go well and I honestly don't see the need.

What exactly would they be discussing?  What would be the end goal of the discussion?  That it's ok to be anything other than straight?  People have been screaming that since before I was alive and they're still screaming that.  Hek, I scream it at times.

But the most public place in a video game isn't the place for that stuff because of the diversity of the community.  

Good point.

The default answer is always 'no'. 

There's an addendum, but we'll simply leave it at that. 

'No' ends the conversation, which you probably didn't want anyway. It maintains the status quo, which you were probably comfortable with. It heads off idiotic ideas before they get traction and shuts down a variety of ne'er-do-wells before they can cause chaos. 

It's a multipurpose answer with very few downsides. 

On 2019-01-19 at 1:41 PM, (PS4)xathenique said:

Homosexual conversation needs to be allowed in region chat. Its a rated M game for christ sake. How can profanity be an issue? It makes no sense.

Why do people think rated M (or being an adult) means people want to read profanity all day in public channels?

On 2019-01-19 at 7:41 PM, (PS4)xathenique said:

WTF is this even on this thread which has nothing to do with homosexuals or profanity?