Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nitain Extract

spyroxion

Well hello there.

So I've finally bought my Saryn Prime set and I've faced huge problem - Nitan Extracts (never really paid too much attention to them as I've needed them only couple of times and like 1 or 2). As far as I know only ways to get them is: 1) alerts 2) ghoul invasion 3) couple of sabotage missions by finding all 3 caches and maybe you will get with very little %.

Now I am a working person, I always play 2-3 hrs a day (sometimes I skip a day if really tired) always at the same time (work schedule) and now, it's been 2 or 3 days when I had no alerts with nitains 2) ghoul invasion when? 3) considering the fact I have no clue where caches spawn and low %, is it even worth farming in sabotage caches?

So how in the hell am I supposed to get them? Depending on alerts it might take 2++ weeks to get needed nitains (depending on how many days I get at least 1 alert), then 12 hrs to craft individual pieces and then 3 days to craft a frame it self. So we're looking here for over half a month of time period of crafting frame when I already have all the parts? with possibility of taking it up to MONTHS of gathering if my luck just sucks big time with alerts since I can't play during the day time at work. Also you can't buy them for plat either...

the alerts spawn somewhere around 4 times per day. so its kind of a luck thing, im not sure if it pops up at the same tiem for everyone, but you could also look at recruit chat see if anyone is LF a nitain carry which would imply that someone has one up.

i would also ask some people you know to remind you as sometimes we do mis nitain, i know there was one up like 2 hours ago. and i feel like if i logged in right now i would see one.

for future reference you will need about 30-40 nitain to reasonably craft all the items once, so take note of that 🙂

Edited by Makunogo

3 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

the alerts spawn somewhere around 4 times per day. so its kind of a luck thing, im not sure if it pops up at the same tiem for everyone, but you could also look at recruit chat see if anyone is LF a nitain carry which would imply that someone has one up.

i would also ask some people you know to remind you as sometimes we do mis nitain, i know there was one up like 2 hours ago. and i feel like if i logged in right now i would see one.

for future reference you will need about 30-40 nitain to reasonably craft all the items once, so take note of that 🙂

Yeah but I am at work right now, that's the problem. I always play at fixed hours. That's why I also disabled notification of warframe app because I don't want to see Nitain alerts when I'm at work or I'll get sad about it...

Yeah and it makes things way way way worse... If I knew about it when I started the game I would have farmed them but hey, back then I thought it's just another material that I'll be able to farm somewhere on the star chart, HA.

7 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

So how in the hell am I supposed to get them?

Patience, my friend, patience.
Just get Nitain whenever you see an alert. Sooner or later you will get all you need.
And after you have enough for your Saryn, you should go on farming Nitain.

And for the future:
If you ever plan on buying something again, you should look into what's needed to build said item. Then you will not face the current situation again.

16 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

Yeah but I am at work right now, that's the problem. I always play at fixed hours. That's why I also disabled notification of warframe app because I don't want to see Nitain alerts when I'm at work or I'll get sad about it...

Yeah and it makes things way way way worse... If I knew about it when I started the game I would have farmed them but hey, back then I thought it's just another material that I'll be able to farm somewhere on the star chart, HA.

i mean i think u can get them from caches somewhere (tho the drop rate is absolutely trash like 2%)

and oh didnt know u were at work rn lol but there is no nitain alerts on 😛

Been brainstorming my own Idea for this honestly.

Part of me was thinking there should be a Weekly or Twice a Week Nitain Mission where the player gets to go into a Extraction Plant & has to defend the machinery as it extracts Nitain.
Every 5 Waves would award 1 Nitain.
It would be a good alternative for folks who can't log on at random. As they could at bare minimum manage to set time aside to farm a few Extracts every week.

My other idea was for an Weekly Mission where players get to enter Oxium City where literally everything is Oxium. Enemies, Drops, Crates. Also there are Oxium Crystals on the walls (Think Rings from a Sonic Game), and it's raining but every rain drop (when outside) is Oxium.
The catch? Everything counts as 1 Oxium.
So players gotta smash EVERYTHING!!!
This way its literally RAINING Oxium at all times. (A Dopamine overload) but players have to work at it by killing enemies, opening lockers, smashing crates,to leave with a good haul of Oxium.

46 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

Well hello there.

So I've finally bought my Saryn Prime set and I've faced huge problem - Nitan Extracts (never really paid too much attention to them as I've needed them only couple of times and like 1 or 2).

That’s your problem... It’s common knowledge that Nitain is really rare and that you have to do every single alert if you see on. I don’t think that the system should be changed tbh because camping nitain alerts is part of the game. Maybe they should say when the alert are for the next days but other than that... first you buy a frame and THEN you realize that you don’t have all materials? Pls use the wiki and other things. It really helps. Otherwise: good luck with building.

If you have trouble getting enough Nitain Extract - I would recommend using a website that currently tracks most rewards in Warframe.

That way you will know exactly when you need to login and play the Nitain Extract giving missions - plus it usually gives you a few extra minutes heads up before the actual mission begins. ☺️

https://hub.warframestat.us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)Equinox21697 said:

There's a Warframe app iirc that tells you when a alert is available which might help if you're at home but haven't put the game on yet, other than that it's just patience you need..or platinum

Yeah I said before that I only play at fixed hours because of work and quite often I don't see any alerts for nitain for days.

And what do you mean platinum? Where can you get it for plat? I've typed in market search and nothing. I would glady farm plat and just flat out buy nitains.

2 hours ago, DerGreif2 said:

That’s your problem... It’s common knowledge that Nitain is really rare and that you have to do every single alert if you see on. I don’t think that the system should be changed tbh because camping nitain alerts is part of the game. Maybe they should say when the alert are for the next days but other than that... first you buy a frame and THEN you realize that you don’t have all materials? Pls use the wiki and other things. It really helps. Otherwise: good luck with building.

"common knowledge", well excuse me that up until MR13 I didn't bump into building something that needs Nitains in quantity, it is my first real encounter that needs more than 1 so how can I have this "common knowledge" if it's not said ANYWHERE in the game that this specific material is pain to get and you will need it? I don't check what materials I need because I'm stocked with most of materials and worst case scenario I need couple of runs somewhere to reach needed amount.

1 hour ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

If you have trouble getting enough Nitain Extract - I would recommend using a website that currently tracks most rewards in Warframe.

That way you will know exactly when you need to login and play the Nitain Extract giving missions - plus it usually gives you a few extra minutes heads up before the actual mission begins. ☺️

https://hub.warframestat.us

I wish it would help, but I can't play from work and when I'm at home I check the notifications at all times.

7 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

"common knowledge", well excuse me that up until MR13 I didn't bump into building something that needs Nitains in quantity, it is my first real encounter that needs more than 1 so how can I have this "common knowledge" if it's not said ANYWHERE in the game that this specific material is pain to get and you will need it? I don't check what materials I need because I'm stocked with most of materials and worst case scenario I need couple of runs somewhere to reach needed amount. 

It is... even in chats there are people that scream "finally nitain!" Or if you have a clan they will that also tell you. It surprises me that you reached MR13 without needing Nitain so much. It is really your fault. If you dont inform you before you build something what the requirements are and where to get them. It's ok. You fuuued up and now you have a problem. Happens to all casual player at some point. But there is no reason to blame others because you need one material that is hard to get... get over it and try your best.

I think you would regret buying Nitains later on, given enough time if you do the alerts it just becomes another resource you have too much of.

Not sure if the drop rates in Ghoul bounties are consistent enough, but i wouldn't go out of my way farming them given there are good chances you get at least 1-2 daily from alerts with little time and effort, especially if you use the app when you're at home.

5 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

It is... even in chats there are people that scream "finally nitain!" Or if you have a clan they will that also tell you. It surprises me that you reached MR13 without needing Nitain so much. It is really your fault. If you dont inform you before you build something what the requirements are and where to get them. It's ok. You fuuued up and now you have a problem. Happens to all casual player at some point. But there is no reason to blame others because you need one material that is hard to get... get over it and try your best.

I don't look at region chat, it's insanity in there and pretty much impossible to keep up with what people are typing. Well what to be so surprised about? There are SO MANY things to build in this game that it's not so hard to not bump into some rare material item. 

You know, I wish I could try my best, but if alert doesn't pop up after my working hours what can I do? Like that's the point - you can't really do much about if you're playing healthy gaming hours (admit it, playing more than 3 hours every day is a bit unhealthy), there is no way to farm, to buy or anything. besides caches from void sabotage but even that is like what? 1% or something?

4 minutes ago, kgabor said:

I think you would regret buying Nitains later on, given enough time if you do the alerts it just becomes another resource you have too much of.

Not sure if the drop rates in Ghoul bounties are consistent enough, but i wouldn't go out of my way farming them given there are good chances you get at least 1-2 daily from alerts with little time and effort, especially if you use the app when you're at home.

Another person talks about buying them, how and where can you buy them?? I wasn't able to find 

Welcome to the grind. I was in the same position as you (just wait until you get to farm Vauban Prime's 20 Nitain) and I managed. Lately I haven't really farmed Nitain, I just grab them when I see the alerts pop up. When I was farming for Saryn/Vauban/etc, I used various websites to see when the alerts were coming. I found that the alerts roughly triggered about every 5 hours. Once I figured that out, I just made sure to be online during that time if I could. Not sure if the alerts are still about 5 hours apart though, I haven't looked in a while.

Unfortunately for those of us that have real life responsibilities and cannot be online playing video games for 4+ hours per day, this will always be a problem. Just enjoy the ride and blast away! You'll eventually get everything you need, just takes a bit of time.

Edited by (PS4)zyriaxione

Nitain is a time gate.   The amount of Nitain needed in total is actually pretty small relative number of weapons in this game and time typically needed to master them all.   However, if you don't get Nitain when you can get Nitain, you will suffer for it.  That was a choice you made along the way and that is life.  

Now that you know...if you see Nitain, you do the mission...PERIOD.   Eventually your Nitain issues will go poof and you will stop caring about it like most issues in life that you eventually solve.

Eh I get it, if you are normal working person with your priorities set right you are kinda fked.... Sad to find things like this in gamr that either forces you to log in when you can't / don't want to or you will have extreme difficulties with no bypass... I wish there would be at least some guaranteed way to get at least 1 a day no matter when you play (like anything else in this game)

1 hour ago, FlusteredFerret said:

I've built up a store of over 50 nitain, just from doing alert missions whenever they pop up...

What's interesting is that at the time, Vauban Prime's resource requirements were drawn up to actually counter that very tactic and deplete large stockpiles of Nitain.

well - it kind of worked. 

It also punished players that DIDN'T hoard and stockpile Nitain. Great move there...

9 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

That was a choice you made along the way and that is life. 

Let's not forget that Nitain requirements are also a design decision that DE made that the player has no control over.

4 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

What's interesting is that at the time, Vauban Prime's resource requirements were drawn up to actually counter that very tactic and deplete large stockpiles of Nitain.

Vauban prime was made that way to reflect its non prime variant that can only be acquired from randoms alerts.

• Like 1

There isn't anything you can really do about it, sadly, other than wait until you have enough to craft Saryn. Nitain isn't meant to be farmed quickly, it is time-gated as other have mentioned and unfortunately, as you are now discovering, it can take a long time to collect the amount that you need when first starting out. 

All I can say is, from now on you should prioritize nitain when you see it, even after you craft Saryn. I only play after work hours and on the weekends, and I have 30 Nitain. I can't tell you how long it took me to get that many, but it is good to amass a collection so that next time you need it you can avoid the situation you are in now. 

Sorry, I know that doesn't give you a solution to your current problem but I don't think there is a quick fix for this one 😞

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, spyroxion said:

Eh I get it, if you are normal working person with your priorities set right you are kinda fked.... Sad to find things like this in gamr that either forces you to log in when you can't / don't want to or you will have extreme difficulties with no bypass... I wish there would be at least some guaranteed way to get at least 1 a day no matter when you play (like anything else in this game)

Pretty much! Although there is a pattern and it isn't at the same time every time day. So you should at least encounter an alert every few days or so if you always play at the same time. i.e. before or after work.

When I was farming Vauban, I figured out the 5 hour pattern and would just log in on Saturday and Sunday when I wasn't working every 5 hours just to run the one Nitain alert then log back off and go about my day. Usually would get 3 or 4 over the weekend and maybe 1 or 2 during the week.