Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #122!

[DE]Rebecca

On January 16, 2019 at 10:55 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream122_1080p_v2.jpg
Who:  Rebecca is joined by the usual suspects Geoff, Steve, Sheldon, and Scott! 

What: 2019 is here and we’re back kicking off our 6th year of Devstreams. With it, we’ll be announcing the date of TennoCon 2019, a sneak peek at some upcoming 2019 Warframes, and what we’ve been up to so far this year! 

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes during the Livestream as well as a Mesa Prime Access Pack! 

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

Twitch Drop: Join us to get your very own 3-day Resource Booster! 

When: Join us this Friday, January 18th at 2 p.m ET!

Please ask your questions here! Thread closes at 10 a.m ET on Friday, January 18th!  
By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

Man imma be in school

Do you have any plans to reduce the amount of knockdown/CC possessed by enemies in Orb Vallis?  The capacity for Corpus to stunlock you to death in higher end bounties, as well as the profusion of abilities that put your Frame on its back in the Profit Taker fight (even after being adjusted) creates an incredibly un-fun experience, and contributes to a perception that only extremely tanky Warframes have a role in this content.  Primed Sure-Footed is not a viable solution.

Is there any intention to further iterate upon Baruuk and his kit prior to the next two frames releasing?  Do you feel he occupies a distinct, useful niche?

Question in game related:

When will more be known about Fortuna 2.0 for consoles? I'm on PS4, and I see loads of people who can't wait for the big Profit Taker update.

Random question for the team:

What's everyone's favourite ice cream flavour? 

Questions asked by BlueTrue_MU!!! Logged in on the wrong account!!! 

To begin with I'd like to preface this as someone who initially saw Warframe back in 2013 and didn't think it would last. Back then I was pretty busy with school and another student was messing around with the game in the student lounge. Initially, as many people do, I noticed they were talking about 'platinum' and immediately assumed it was a free to play game with micro-transactions up the wazoo so I kinda forgot about it and moved on. Move forward to 2016 and I saw TotalBiscuit cover the game (for an apparent second time), but the game looked like a completely different experience. Upon doing some research I learned that contrary to what I had thought previously, the game was not just some pay-to-win experience, and that Warframe's premium currency was actually tradable between players, and that one could farm items that people would trade plat for. Now at that time I was stuck in limbo as far as video games were concerned, had to scrape by for while. Come 2017 I managed to get some things figured out, and so one day I downloaded Warframe.

Its been two years since then, two years where I've ground through the content, played every frame, used every weapon, and dove into fashionframe. What I've noticed is that you guys at Digital Extremes-unlike most developers these days-have a real passion for creating the game. You aren't just in it to rake in money and sell some IP, you're in it to win it (so to speak). While I may not agree with all of your decisions, i.e. various re-balances, and nerfs, etc. I can say say unequivocally that you have my respect, and my thanks for this game, and I have high hopes for what is to come in the future.

Now obviously 2018 was a rough year when it comes to released content, there were a lot of bottlenecks a lot of delays, and a number of disappointing outcomes. However it was still a good year for the game. We saw the introduction of Fortuna, the successful reworks of Zephyr, Saryn, and Nezha, and the beginnings of work on a melee revamp. There is a lot of good ideas being worked on at the moment, and I gladly look forward to when those changes come in. However I would be remiss to not provide some feedback on some of the things that didn't go over all that well in 2018.

[Weapons]

Spoiler

The initial weapon re-balance was great for many older weapons, but currently a the majority of them remain essentially worthless outside of opening star chart areas. This is down to the fact that at a baseline many weapons lack enough critical or status chance to be effective against middling enemies, let along high level enemies. Now many people will immediately jump up to say 'just get a riven for it' but rivens are another system that needs some serious curating.

• Will there be an attempt to do more re-balance passes, including spreading weapons more evenly across Mastery Ranks?

Semi-autos and dual semi-autos are particularly bad due to their lack of high base damage, and terrible fire rate. There are also dual semi-autos with horribly fast fire rate, but no comfortable way to utilize it. Applying auto-burst to these weapon types would breath new life into their usefulness, although some could do with more buffs. Having low damage per shot, and low damage per second is extraordinarily counterproductive.

• Will the Arca Plasmor ever have its Headshot Multiplier returned?

As an extremely unique weapon with very real trade-offs, I felt it rather unnecessary to nerf the weapon as headshot damage is extremely important when referring to critical weapons.

• Will the Akzani receive a primed variant in the future?

When Mirage Prime was first announced, I had expected Akzani Prime to be released. As the weapon description clearly states it is the signature weapon of Mirage. So when it was revealed the Akbolto Prime would be coming with her instead, it was rather disappointing.

• In the case of gunblades, specifically Redeemer Prime, what purpose is there in having good critical stats if the critical stats do not effect nor are affected by the shotgun attack?

It has stats which would normally mean a player could build it either for crit or for status, but with the current gunblade shot/combo mechanics, it simply cannot scale with criticals. As in, the projectiles have a critical chance of 0%. The only way to make the Redeemer Prime's pellets crit is to get a Kavat crit buff or use Arcane Avenger or Harrow's 4. Its extremely disappointing.

• In the case of polearm stances will we ever get a spear-based stance with lancing and stabbing attacks?

Most of the polearm stances focus on swinging attacks and slams, and thus most of the range of a polearm is only available in slide attacks or spinning combos. A spear-like stance would be an excellent change of pace for this weapon type.

• When it comes to mods the majority of mods available currently are extremely underwhelming or simply obsolete. Are there plans to revamp these mods?

There's a lot of mods like Hammershot or Shotgun Savvy, which offer minute bonuses despite having relatively high mod cost. Its baffling when it comes to modding firearms that there isn't a wide variety of viable builds despite the number of mods available. This type of revamp does not need to be the focus, but fixing some of these mods each month or so would be a good way to keep them relevant.

• In 2018 there was the introduction of Synth Charge which grants bonus damage on the last shot of a magazine, this obviously led to people using that mod on very niche and tricky to use weapons like the Dual Toxocyst and the Knell. Why did you choose to immediately nerf this mod for those weapons, when those weapons are the only ones which could use that mod effectively?

It seems rather odd to nerf a mod which is so specific and fits a niche these two weapons already fill. Its especially strange because its not a massive increase in damage, and requires a mod slot. You can get well over 200% bonus damage with a variety of warframes.

• In 2018 you unintentionally increased the blast radius of the Staticor to 8 meters on the normal projectile. This change lasted for several months before being fixed, and this was after many people (not me) put many forma into these weapons, and some players purchased rivens specifically because the weapon got buffed. However my main question is, why did you add self-damage to a weapon which previously did not have self-damage?

In the case of self-damage I find it to be an extremely punishing mechanic, as the staticor will deal self-damage even if not fully charged. This is especially odd when you consider this is a horde shooter, not Call of Duty. Enemy bombards can shoot a rocket at their feet and take no damage, but warframes-even absurd tanks like Inaros-will automatically die if they do the same, and so it just seems extremely inconsistent. Additionally I feel it would've been more fair to reduce the normal projectile radius to 4 meters, and keep the 8m radius for the charged shot, though without self-damage.

[Warframes]

Spoiler
  • Ash - After finally being freed from the shackles of Bladestorm animations, Ash feels a lot smoother to play, but I can't help but feel he could use some synergy between his 4 and his 2. Are there any plans to tweak this warframe in the future?

For example, what if kills in his 4 extended the duration of his 2? This would create a gameplay loop that would also reward active Ash play with reduced energy costs.

• Atlas - After receiving an additional passive (sort of) Atlas is in an odd spot. Atlas' 2 and 4 remain virtually pointless, and his 1 augment, despite stating it petrifies enemies, does not create rubble when you kill enemies petrified by it. Considering Atlas' build requires quite a few mods, it seems odd that sacrificing a mod slot for the augment is detrimental to his capabilities. Are there any plans to rework his' 2 and 4?

I also find it odd that Rubble has a cap, when its a tanking option that requires a lot of build up and simply crumbles away but still has a relatively low cap.

• Banshee - After losing her notably boring but effective Soundquake augment Banshee lacks any viable continuous DPS options. This has left her with some marginal CC and niche damage boosting via sonar. Are there any plans to improve her kit?

At the moment Banshee lacks any real place in gameplay, she doesn't offer continuous DPS and her CC option isn't recastable when active. Keep in mind she isn't a bad frame per se, but she could certainly use some help.

• Chroma - After losing around 30% of his original survivability, whilst also increasing the power strength required to reach his new 'limit' Chroma remains essentially nothing more than a gigantic damage mod for weapons. His theme as a master of the elements or as a dragon-frame have been completely ignored. It is no surprise to people that know me, that Chroma Prime's release without any semblance of rework was extremely disheartening. Are there plans to rework him?

At the moment I can only say that Chroma is probably one of the warframes-including Wukong-who need the most work done to make him worthwhile outside of a fairly boring niche. Simply doing more damage or being unkillable isn't interesting in and of itself. His 1 is purposeless and his 4 uses an absurd amount of energy to do very little. Even Revenant has a better 4, and most people would agree it eats energy faster than any other.

• Ember - I'll make this simple. Ember is in a real bad spot right now. She lacks consistent CC, and lacks survivability, and her DPS-which wasn't used for DPS in higher levels-was changed in a way that makes her rather useless above middling star chart levels. Are there any plans to rework her?

Overheat, its a simple but effective change.

• Frost - Timeless as he may be, Frost has not aged well in all regards. He probably doesnt need many improvements, but currently he feels stagnant. Like a glacier. Are there any plans to improve his kit?

Perhaps some range improvements to fit the open world areas? Or maybe improvements to his augments?

*Unfortunately need to head out for work soon so the rest will be summarized*

Any plans to rework or tweak the following warframes?

Loki - Feels like he hasn't aged well.

Mirage - Her kit is an inconsistent mess which only consistently gets new guns nerfed.

Nekros - His kit doesn't really fit his theme all that well, and his shadows could use improvements.

Nyx - Still feels extremely underwhelming.

Octavia - Her kit could use some cohesion, and improvements to make her 2 not counter productive for her 1.

Valkyr - Her kit remains stagnant and ultimately boring. An A2-esk berserk mode from Nier would be far more interactive.

Vauban - He needs a real rework, and 'remove bounce memes aside' he deserves one.

Volt - Remains in 'CC or DPS?' limbo and kinda stinks in general play.

Thanks for the game DE. Keep it up.

-So you guys are never going to finish updating the UI ?? Half the screens play like PC, half console.   No resized item tiles when looking at inventory or trade screens so we can see stuff??

-Can we please get a fix to trading so we can stack any and all items in trade windows??   Trading fish is a nightmare,   You guys are making more and more primes that require more than 5 parts which cant be done in 1 trade opening people up to being scammed.    

-Why can we no longer trade alloys from PoE/OV ???

-Dojo Revamp to show us you appreciate the effort so many have put into the things you enjoy seeing.   New way to rearrange rooms,   change timers,  change decoration costs,  new basic room tiles??

-Can DE track ability use per frame???  Besides revamping never used frames can you please start revamping never used abilities!!

-Can we seriously bump up the conversion rate on Eidolon Lens's.  the grind is insane without boosters and or being an end gamer. 

Will you revisit Kdrives again and how much time it takes to get the standing and level one up?

As it stands it takes an extremely boring grind to reach daily cap that is even worse to level one single board to max rank (upwards of 40 minutes).

Even worse Kdrives are kinda useless since Archwing is just better and faster.

1 hour ago, Melanholic7 said:

and so as twitch drop i get 3 vitus essence. ???? Where my stupid Booster?? I wake up at 03:00 at the night for the stream and got vitus essences?

5SP7bHk.png

That was probably for the Prime Time.

Devstream hasn't happened yet.

11 минут назад, Loza03 сказал:

That was probably for the Prime Time.

Devstream hasn't happened yet.

omg, im retarded. Well,at least i have people around  to tell me about this when needed 😄 thx dude x)

thats still strange,cause i thought for prime time there are no drops,but w/e, im still stupid x)

will the game some sort of a progression system? right now the tutorial is just the REALLY BASIC stuff like moving and what not.

Example:
my friend and I thought it would be really cool if the game would suggest to you what you should do next (especially in the beginning), things like unlock the star chart, get a certine prime, trade something, put a forma... things that will get players more familiar with the game without the need to go to a wiki. it could be a console on the ship, and after you complete certine things you get rewarded (like 5K endo, 3 forma...)

also a progression system could potentially affect veterans with lack of content at times.

I am sure its already asked but... when Fortuna 2 is coming to PS4?

Also, from all the arcanes a few are mostly used by everyone while others just "rust" in our inventory. Why not moving to their related weapons like zaws and now kit-guns do have their own arcanes? Its a proposal I've already made once in the past...

Thanks and keep up the good work!!!

Will you guys bring TennoGen content to the Switch version like PS4 and Xbox? Right now we only have like 5 skins for weapons. I know it takes time but are we going to get TennoGen syandanas, warframe skins, attachements, etc. down the road? Also, I hope we get an update on the Fortuna cert since the last update was a week ago. Thanks 🙂 

Just as...one last final plea to the devs, as it is like...4 am for me, and I'm just...staring at the broken mod on my switch in my inbox that was supposed to be a twitch drop from prime time...and...please. talk. about. switch.

I'm not convinced you guys put the same care and effort into the switch version anymore, I really do love this game, but between the scummy vaulting dates with no explanation, messing up the prime drop, the color bug lasting so long, and the lack of responses to most of these queries...it's...really disheartening. I'm approaching 300 hours. Just....getting tired of this roundabout second-hand care this version gets.

Love Warframe, hope you guys see this. 

57 minutes ago, (NSW)XenobladeBun said:

Just as...one last final plea to the devs, as it is like...4 am for me, and I'm just...staring at the broken mod on my switch in my inbox that was supposed to be a twitch drop from prime time...and...please. talk. about. switch.

I'm not convinced you guys put the same care and effort into the switch version anymore, I really do love this game, but between the scummy vaulting dates with no explanation, messing up the prime drop, the color bug lasting so long, and the lack of responses to most of these queries...it's...really disheartening. I'm approaching 300 hours. Just....getting tired of this roundabout second-hand care this version gets.

Love Warframe, hope you guys see this. 

"scummy vaulting dates"? Do explain, please

Archived