Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #122!

[DE]Rebecca

A Friends list that’s more active not literally a ledger you look at going through the options to get to. I don’t even know who’s on unless I go through like 3 or 4 steps just to view it. For a game that’s supposed to PVE “co-op” game focused there isn’t much of a co-op unless it’s the one off activity that requires or preferably done in as a group.

Some search options too? I actually don’t mind helping less experienced people but getting grouped up with people who don’t even know what a bullet jump is, 0 kills by the end of the mission and your at MR26 is kind of silly.

Why did we get the nonsense cursor UI stuff, which was supposed to help streamline consoles getting builds as it's bringing the base of Warframe closer between PC and Consoles, yet there's been no time change (if anything it's even longer then normal, even counting the Holidays) in how long it takes for us to get updates?  

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Melee 3.0 - starting at this timestamp you can listen to our exact answer from last Devstream. It's long and not interrupted by too much, so it comprehensively answers your curiosity on what's happening. 

I appreciate the reply but... that really doesn't answer any of my curiosities. I watched that devstream live and just rewatched the clip now, and all I can glean is that it'll probably be a slow rollout broken up by weapon types and that the channeling mod shakeup is still up in the air. When the question is basically "Are we going to get something other than vague answers about Melee 3.0 in the coming months?" and the response is "As this video states, the first move set released for it won't be the two-handed katana" well, that's kind of a vague answer 😜

I understand that work on Melee 3.0  slowed due to the Fortuna release and associated content, and that you guys don't want to put down details subject to change on such a massive undertaking, but we still don't know a lot of basic things about how the system will work. The frame and weapon reworks set a standard for transparency and feedback - the melee rework feels like it's so much bigger and more impactful than either and yet there's far fewer details actually on paper about it. There was an excellent stream on the subject last summer, but that was last summer - when auto-switching wasn't a thing and nuChanneling was still a glimmer in Steve's eye - who knows what all has changed in a half year's time (we sure don't! 😉)

I don't want to sound whiny (well, more whiny than usual) or unappreciative of the hard work the team puts into both the game and community, but there's been a pretty big information vacuum about major changes to one of the fundamental ways we interact with the game. Releasing an updated dev workshop - just a progress report showing the system as it stands and what ideas you're currently tossing around - would do a lot of good. Until then I'll just be over in the corner, ceaselessly Havisham-ing 👰😛

Topics I'd like to see covered.

1) A real roadmap of content to come.  The current hype based non-schedule is pretty lackluster, and leads to more disappointment when "promised" features take months to even be addressed a second time.

2) Returning events and lore.  This is a frustrating mess personally.  I played through the introduction of infested, the tubemen, and the saga of Alad V.  Starting a new play through, none of this makes an ounce of sense.  If your new players are expected to disregard the lore and play the game blind then you really shouldn't hang the game on an extended story.

3) Syndicates being more integral.  When I left for the first time the Syndicates were relatively new.  Since that time, they've had bits of lore integrated into the story but are still largely a decision without consequences.  It's frustrating to have to choose, and discover that the "reward" is simply a grind for augments, archwing gun parts, and a paltry assortment of mid-tier weapons capped by captura scenes.  When are they going to be more than another grind (Simaris scan style).

4) Rework of animations.  Without meaning offense, somebody needs to leash the animation team.  They've consistently taken short animations and made them longer, presumably to look cool.  On the other side, these animations are a frustrating mess in the midst of the horde shooter this game is.  Asking for a bit more restraint is something I'd like to do, but what I truly desire is to sit them down and tell them to halve animation times across the board.

5) Relay rebuilds.  You rebuilt one relay, and then stopped.  Can we discuss all of the others?  I wouldn't presume that each one would be Strata relay style unique, but the lack of any discussion after the first is mildly frustrating.

6) When will content drops match cosmetics?  Looking back at 2018 the content drops were infrequent, with comparison to the cosmetics.  Tennogen and skins are appreciated to some extent, but the "Free to Play" aspects of Warframe are getting lighter and lighter as the years go on.  Maybe instead of a year long open world push we could go back to monthly small content drops, sprinkled amongst the cosmetics.  It's getting harded and harder to see the game as grind and a store with sprinklings of fun in-between.

I've got so many more, but at this juncture there's too much.  Maybe this is the year I appreciate DE more, but if it's another year of half communication I'm likely to take another break.  It's just...I'm not sure how long it'll be this time.  If Warframe can't get better, there's nothing to come back for.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Melee 3.0 - starting at this timestamp you can listen to our exact answer from last Devstream. It's long and not interrupted by too much, so it comprehensively answers your curiosity on what's happening. 

So no updates since. Disappointing but good to clarify. I know it's a difficult problem to solve but I hope it's getting priority. I have a hard time motivating myself to play knowing a third of the weapons are sitting in an outdated system and that many channeled Warframe abilities have the same issue of repetitive, uninteresting combat. 

Gameplay yields longterm play and right now the combat gameplay is seriously ailing, imo. 

Fortuna/Orb Vallis: -When can we fight the another Orbs? there are any events related to this?

Railjack: -Current Status? this comes before or after "the new war"?

The new war/Tau System: what type of mechanics we can wait in Tau? Railjack? another one? Will be Planets in this system to visit or only space battle/Sentient Outpost?

Gas City:- Coming Before Railjack? The flying Eidolon will be battle there?

Lore: - we could visit the Unum's tower in a future update/quest? / The Helminth's room bed will have any use?

Mechanics: The alignment system, will see any upgrade reflected in  operator's mechanics? any news por kingping system or Raids?

28 minutes ago, (XB1)a feisty kitten said:

Auction House? Or a Market Place type?

Trade chat on Xbox is overflowing constantly with selling, buying and trading that a lot is missed and the system is abused. (Websites are unofficial and not really known in game)

Even a separate channel for selling/buying/trading rivens vs parts/mods would be lovely!

I'm not sure if console trading chat is the same as on PC, but have you tried adding a filter to your chat? When I'm watching trade chat to see if someone's wanting to buy something I have, I have a "wtb" filter in place so only messages that include that term show up. If you're looking to only sell, or if you're looking to buy/sell rivens, you could add a "riven" filter and a "wtb" or "wts" filter.

There is also Maroo's Bazaar. 🙂

i'm curious by the silhouette, is it the new warframes? also with most of the frame being blurry except nidus, zephyr, saryn, and titania, i assume they have something to do with this devstream? is it nerf/buff thing to them or what?

I'd love to know if there are any new plans for crossplay or even cross-platform-accounts (shared inventories)?

By that I basically mean that your account and inventory on all platforms is the same, players are just restricted to playing the content on the specific platform.

For example, if I were to unlock Mesa Prime and craft/buy 5000 Forma on my PC, I would have a "Unreleased Item" and 5000 Forma on my Nintendo Switch.

2 часа назад, WFramingtonVonRipsalotIV сказал:

any news on updating the rewards/drops for profit-taker? debt bonds are mostly useless once you max out solaris united rep and it has to be maxed out to run the fight...

All Fortuna content is pointless as for me: v-e-e-r-y booooooring slow grind with no usefull content at all. I forced myself to farm garuda but can't force to get Baruuk - the first warframe I probably never get. As well as his weapons. I don't want to waste so much time just for mastery exp.
Fortuna for me - the worst "new" content in my almost 2 years in this game.
That's sad, all of this.

- PBR pass on remaining items when?

- Rework of cryostasis for pets with possible availability of all pets like it happens already with Sentinels

- Availabilty of loadout slots for each vanilla frame released (currently at MR26, purchasing all the slots, 4 frames are left out)

- Noggles for the warframes that haven't one yet

- Overall roadmap for 2019

Is there any chance to build dual zaws and kitguns in some point of time?
Maybe add a blueprint for a link to combine 2 zaws/kitguns together

Some Boss reworks would be nice and maybe a elite version for all of them with a low chance to get the augment for the warframes they drop.
Or add weapon/warframe augments to the nightmare droptable.

Can we get the quests for the frames (Titania, Gara, Octavia,...) when we buy the pack in the market like Mirage, Limbo and Inaros already have?

Will the leaking/rumors of the new forma types (umbra/omega) be addressed? Can the sortie get a reworked drop table? Instead of 4k endo because with Arbitrations drop rewards mostly being endo and statues (not a complaint since its now my go-to endo farm), getting 4k endo from a sortie when you regularly run Arbitrations is.....dissapointing to say the least and nicest way possible. Maybe increased riven drops (especially shotgun rivens) or maybe 3-5 Nitain. Also getting 2-3 forma would be a nice improvement as well. Also decrease the costs of buying debt bonds? On average, I was burning nearly a million credits buying debt bonds in Fortuna AT A TIME

3 hours ago, Lored said:

When next Double Resource Weekend? Last one was more than 1 year ago.

Any news:

• "Kingpin" system;
  • Thumper Bot from 105 and 106 devstreams;
  • Any chance to PoE grinding changes;
  • Pets 2.0;
  • Cephalon Samodeus lore or something(some fragments across world like kuria with some stories) with it;
  • Companion/pets commands system;
  • Any warframe add in Arbitrations droplist;
  • Old quests replay;
  • Limbo deluxe;
  • Seasonal events (winter event?);
  • Reveal Fortuna items in profile (MOA's still hidden);
  • Wukong rework (or mb not? he's ok).

How about: 

• New archwing & arch-weapons;
  • Arch-guns Rivens;
  • New Landing Craft ship;
  • New mechanics with Helminth Infirmary room;
    • Infested Kavat;
  • New Kavat type (2 kavats vs 5 kubrows + helminth, unfair);
  • New Venus Kubrow type(Kubrodons);
  • MOA (Venari mb?) mod sets;
  • New MOA unique mods;
  • Chesa Retrieve rework (since Fetch ingame, Chesa useless)
  • Status mods like Rifle Aptitude rework;
  • Sentinels weapons Augments;
  • Unique skins for Login Rewards weapons (Azima, Zenistar...)
  • Clan management system:
    • Fields for "Clan description"(Clan Rules), except for the already available "motd"
    • More information for admins:
      • Player(x) invite Player(y);
      • Curent resources progress (%);
      • Curent research progress (%);
    • More flexible and variable "Hierarchy and Roles" system:
      • Stricter access to the Dojo and Labs (to avoid players who join the clan, buy BP's and leave).
  • New map for Relay's and Dojo (colored with markers) like in PoE or OV;
  • Dojo:
    • Custom Obstacle Course increase decoration limit;
    • Remove/change requirement Hemocyte Cystolith for Plague Star clan trophies;
    • In-room Dojo spawn point(marker);
    • Changeable statues in Temple of Honor;
    • Infested & Corpus statues decorations (now only Grineer);
    • Weapon racks decorations;
    • Infested theme decorations;
    • Orokin Derelict theme decorations;    
    • Factions Storage Containers;
    • Factions Resource Caches;
    • NPC for dojo;
    • Sentient Lab;
    • Syndicate rooms (like in relay);
    • Dojo Hangar (like in relay);
  • Boss reworks:
    • The Sergeant;
    • Hyena Pack;
    • Phorid;
    • Zanuka Hunter.

We don't need archgun rivens - just balance the weapons, the current 'system' of rivens we have need to be changed.  Instead of just straight damage upgrades we need utility rivens (and change how some of the other undesirable stats work). 

What are the most desired stats? Damage, multishot, CC/CD and status. The rest are considered undesirable except in some niche cases. So, that means they need to buff those other ones, and they can easily do that. For example status duration, higher duration = faster damage ramp up the longer the status effect is on the target.   Adding more 'bandaid rivens' will further unbalance warframe and lead it further down the power creep rabbit hole. 

Otherwise I agree with your list.

Archived