Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Performance on switch

Blu3S1lver

Let's start by saying that I really like the game and want it to succeed on Switch. 

While the game looks very good and the fact that it's portable still blows my mind, the performance on Switch is very bad.

Warframe is an action game which benefits highly from stable fps. A big part of this action is in multiplayer. Too bad the performance in multiplayer is near unplayable sometimes. Especially with a lot of aoe the fps sits around 5 or worse. 

But even worse than the fps issues are the constant crashes. I do play a lot but 3 crashes a day and losing all progress is very frustrating. 

Oh and don't get me started on PoE

So my question is this:

Any chance we will see updates in the near future that will heavily improve these issues? 

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to add my voice to this issue, Fortuna is abysmally unplayable with current performance. I just lost 30+ mins of resources, bounty rewards, and experience because I decided to stay out and do more with my group in Vallis. It effectively killed my desire to keep playing even though I've been loving the game for a while. Normal missions in the classic corridor shooting style are fine most of the time, but seeing the open world performance makes me wonder if it was even a good idea to port this game to switch in the first place. Needless to say I'll be extracting immediately after bounties are done whenever I hop back on and get this bitter taste out of my mouth.

Edited by (NSW)Derrion

I've also had issues from public matches where the software completely crashes. I purchased a 30-day affinity booster and for the past 2 hours it has been basically useless since I've crashed so many times during 30 minute matches. It sure would be nice if that progress were saved. At least you get the prime rewards you cracked from relics, sometimes.

I don't think I've ever both liked and hated a game as much as Warframe. It is both fun and addicting, but a painfully grating experience when it doesn't work right. A 5 year old game shouldn't feel as unpolished and sloppy as this. 

I'm honestly worried about the game's future on Switch. Hopefully we see some cross-platform play with Xbox Live on Switch to give it a much needed player base boost. The game would also benefit from some quality of life adjustments. For example, making two separate categories in endless fissures. One where you only want to pop 1 relic, the other where you are required to have at least 2 relics in your inventory and an explanation about the fissure being endless. I've joined countless endless fissures (survival and excavation) where there is always 1 player that does the bare minimum by popping 1 relic, not equipping a 2nd relic, and then sprints to the extract. It has happened enough times that something needs to be said. 

Oh, and I also just tried Fortuna for the first time and crashed right away when entering Vallis. Say it with me folks, we all crash together.

I know everyone was impatient for Fortuna on Switch, me included, but this just wasn't ready.

Expecting a group of four randoms to complete a Spy vault at sub-10 FPS with hitching and stuttering that fails the entire bounty line if you mess it up is just torture.

• 3 weeks later...

A stable 30 FPS would honestly be the greatest thing ever. I love the graphics and all the effects and visuals, but I just wanna get rid of it all just so I can maintain a stable 30 FPS. It's almost unplayable with a full squad. I can barely hold 20 FPS. Especially on open world areas. The game does fine when I'm solo or with 1 other player. 

I remember fighting an Eidolon and then crashed. But I was able to rejoin! And that was when I had a solid 30FPS for the rest of the game. No frame dips. Full squad. Killing an Eidolon. Gawd, that was a magical moment. But if I was able to have and maintain solid 30fps in a fight like that, then there is something wrong with the game that lags us hard

Also, the camera controls are absolute garbage wince Fortuna Part 2 released.. The inner zone of the camera stick is insanely low. And now it's very hard to aim. I used to just barely push the stick over and turn my camera at a decent speed with comfort. Now, I gotta push it further over and it feels way lower. The camera was so good before this update. Now it downgraded to before the first hotfix in January.. :c It's very difficult and uncomfortable to play the game again 

• 3 weeks later...