Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can/Will Frost prime receive a visual Update?

LupoDWolf

11 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

The newer primes designs all outshine the older ones but I don't think they will be coming back to the older ones for a facelift.

Not true, they have already done visual reworks for some older frames in the past and if i recall well, they did say during a DevStream they are looking into giving the older Warframes and their Prime variants a second visual rework.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not true, they have already done visual reworks for some older frames in the past

Could you please provide a source on that.
Can't remember any visual update aside from PBR-treatment and cloth-physics.
I wouldn't say that this was something done for older frames, but for all frames across the board.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not true, they have already done visual reworks for some older frames in the past and if i recall well, they did say during a DevStream they are looking into giving the older Warframes and their Prime variants a second visual rework.

To my understanding the visual reworks were minor at best nothing like a full remake of a look. They have just been taking the older models and giving them a more HD look, smoothing out edges and rough animation as well as adding more particle effects. Do you happen to recall what Devstream it was they said they might go back to older warframes?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kyori said:

I'm glad new primes has no void key slapped into their head or face and called a prime... they should be called corrupted instead. lol

Except that's not the only thing that they did to that helmet? I know it's mainly a joke, but it's a complaint that I see a lot about Excalibur Prime's helm that I don't see the issue with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

What I recall is that they have not stated they'd look to do it, unless you're confusing yourself with PBR updates and some new rendering techniques (Devstream 100) which is a different thing.

Also no old Warframes have been given any kind of visual rework, just updated the shaders from Blinn Phong to PBR.

• Like 1

Frost Prime and Mag Prime are the epitome of laziness. If you change the helmet, you literally can't tell them apart :[

I suggest making a new Prime design for these Warframes and have their current Prime designs become skins that can be swapped at will. Although, they are not different from the regular Warframe's skin lol

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils
  • Like 1

do you know who actually NEED Visual Update? Exc Prime! Umbra looks WAY BETTER! where is the danglies for Excal Prime? it's the worst looking prime frame! Founders deserve better! (im not, jsut feel sad standing next to one the other day, side by side using a Umbra... it's sad.... they look so... bland....)

On 2019-01-17 at 4:09 AM, punipunichen said:

do you know who actually NEED Visual Update? Exc Prime! Umbra looks WAY BETTER! where is the danglies for Excal Prime? it's the worst looking prime frame! Founders deserve better! (im not, jsut feel sad standing next to one the other day, side by side using a Umbra... it's sad.... they look so... bland....)

nah, he can wait. Frost can still be sold, And as you said, there's umbra, So unless there is a umbra frost coming, exca prime will have to wait even more than frost(and mag as someone said that needs something like that)