The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr is not that bad

JackHargreav

1 hour ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

All I want for Zephyr is an alternative augment for her 4 that gives you one large tornado that doesn't move unless you do the aim-2-move thing. If you don't aim at something, it just stays where it is.

This would give her the ability to selectively lock down a single point/corridor with good CC and decent damage, as opposed to her current ability which is completely random.

I like this

51 minutes ago, zombiedeadhead said:

Zephyr is good. Saryn is terrible

also agreed zephyr is good Saryn is balanced around one game mode and a nuisance in all others especially for kill mandate frames (nidus harrow Valk...)

I feel like I'm playing wrong. I could definitely get better but I use her 2 a lot, especially since it's pretty cheap when you're airborne. It acts as okay CC but you can just chain it with other actions. Too many people run in and push her 4 and stand around. Jump around, fly, shoot all her stuff. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Too many people run in and push her 4 and stand around. Jump around, fly, shoot all her stuff. 

This.

Too many people lack imagination in how to employ her. They expect her to be Saryn, Mesa, or Ember, and it simply isn't so. She's a gun platform. All her abilities allow her to get her guns where they need to be and keep them running. 

She's at her best when the missions emphasize run'n'gun. That's what she does--except she can cover a lot more territory than anyone else. She has some CC, but it's mostly to buy time to keep the guns running or knock determined melee enemies away, since her shields provide no protection against melee attacks. 

That's her in a nutshell. If you can't accept that, she's obviously not for you. 

On 2019-01-17 at 11:05 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Actually the Augment doesnt increase range and completely removes the CC function as the tornados no longer lift enemies. It does however increase the potential damage the skill can do.

You an use a brief airglide to cancel the ascending after a Bullet Jump. If you master her mobility and passive, you can take the most advantage of it. I often leave Volts behind.

Describe why or your comment cant be taken seriously.

Because other than her shield shes pointless, her flight is useless and annoying outside of open areas and well wukong and Vauban at least can do things with skills and passives..

Zephyr is my most hated frame in warframe very useless. Baruuk comes a close second.

Edited by DanteYoda

8 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

Zephyr is my most hated frame in warframe very useless. Baruuk comes a close second.

Actually i would say the most hated is Limbo for the history of his skills, Stasis mostly and because he can be used for trolling a lot.

You either played too little or didnt play at all with Zephyr to actually know how to use her. Your mindset is that of PressKeyToKill. Baruuk is one of the most Tankiest of frames when build correctly and learned how to play with, another demonstration of complete lack of understanding from your part.

• Like 1

she is somewhat useable, but she does need some work. imo her abilities should hit much harder, and should have multiS#&$s.

i also dont like that you can only force ONE tornado to move to your click point. i think all the torndoes should move to the point, considering how weak they are having 4 or 8 tornadoes coming a the enemy of your choosing can make this sooooo much more viable, especially since you can then effectively put different elements on each toronado which could work so well with so many things. namely condition overload.

52 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Actually i would say the most hated is Limbo for the history of his skills, Stasis mostly and because he can be used for trolling a lot.

You either played too little or didnt play at all with Zephyr to actually know how to use her. Your mindset is that of PressKeyToKill. Baruuk is one of the most Tankiest of frames when build correctly and learned how to play with, another demonstration of complete lack of understanding from your part.

Yes Limbo annoying but nothing worse than a Leech frame like Baruuk standing around trying to lose its whatever and doing nothing for a third of a match... Zephyr i don't know shes just pointless skills wise..

I really like Zephyr. She's easily one of my favorite frames.

That said, I also love flight sim games so it was a pretty easy pick up for me. At base, I just love flying through the air, destroying targets and controlling the battlefield. In closed corridors, her 2 and 4 are monster CC. In open world content, game over. She can fly, drop bombs, toss out long lasting tornadoes, and did we mention she's pretty much completely invulnerable with her 3?

The fun thing is her 3 is just icing on the cake. Movement is key to not being a literal sitting duck in Warframe, and she has tons of mobility. I always have Aviator on her, but you could go even tankier if you wanted with more defensive mod setups before her 3 even enters into the equation. In the air, she's a tank if the enemy can even hit her. Full stop.

But I think it really comes down to the theme. If you like flying? She's a strong pick up. If you don't? Well, you're just going to be trying to smash a square peg into a round hole.

• Like 3