Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Volts Voltage?

nyxshadowpaw

The dielectric strength of air is roughly 3 MV/m. Volt's Discharge has a range of 56 meters when built for maximum range.

Therefore, the voltage required to cause an electrical discharge across that distance is roughly 56 m x (3 x 106 ) V/m = 168 MV.

EDIT: However, Volt seems to be capable of reaching the same range even in near-vacuum conditions (such as certain rooms in Eris tileset), which means he's able to generate voltages at least 6-7 times higher than that.

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, Pr1A said:

The dielectric strength of air is roughly 3 MV/m. Volt's Discharge has a range of 56 meters when built for maximum range.

Therefore, the voltage required to cause an electrical discharge across that distance is roughly 56 m x (3 x 106 ) V/m = 168 MV.

EDIT: However, Volt seems to be capable of reaching the same range even in near-vacuum conditions (such as certain rooms in Eris tileset), which means he's able to generate voltages at least 6-7 times higher than that.

The vacuum part was what i was looking for, thank you.

Just now, (NSW)Cpt.Cosmic said:

ofcourse he called it gigawatts, it was the answer to how much power was required to power the delorean for time travel 🙂

He is as crazy as he is smart, and his expressions never fail to amuse me https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LiquidGloomyGroundbeetle-max-1mb.gif

I bet that would be his face if he was Volt run past him.