Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TimeZone "Respect" For Players

ZedFX

When I look at things like the DevStream and most recent? anniversary celeb - it's massively

EST/EDT - and not taking into account people in PST/PDT. I checked out the game 3? years ago, but only recently "really got into it" and it well and truly pissed me off when I saw the Anniversary event (I'd have to go back and look, so don't hold my feet to the fire here on specifics) and the hard times posted - times, due to my timezone, I was "excluded from". The DevStream is live and 2pm EST/11am PST - while I would think that 2pm too, would be hard for working people - 11am is much harder. I don't understand DE's concept of TZ "respect" for their customers/players - at least Bethesda, the other "We're so EST - we don't even know the West Coast exists" company, aims for 5pm EST for most "things"... which of course makes it hard for PST'ers as well...

Yes yes, I know, a tonne of smart ass players will comment - but really I would hope for some substantive reply from a [DE]'er - please? It's hard to support a gameCo that, even if the content/gameplay is great, doesn't take into account the RL's of their customer/players.

Cheers!

What do you want? DE to cater to your time zone specifically? What about the people who are then unable to watch the devstream anymore, despite being able to in the past?

If they make it later just for little old you, then most of the rest of the world is in bed or just waking up. This is already the case for quite a few people, but such a change would exacerbate matters.

Why is your time zone more important than anyone elses? I'd love to know, really. 

30 minutes ago, FreyjaFX said:

when I saw the Anniversary event

The anniversary event that lasts like, a week? You have a truly magical time zone if it skips time.

If you have concerns about missing Devstreams then you can always go back and watch them later, and if it's the rewards you're after then I believe you can just leave Twitch open when you leave and the stream will start and run anyway.

Although if you're this angry about missing rewards, yikes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

What do you want? DE to cater to your time zone specifically? What about the people who are then unable to watch the devstream anymore, despite being able to in the past?

If they make it later just for little old you, then most of the rest of the world is in bed or just waking up. This is already the case for quite a few people, but such a change would exacerbate matters.

Why is your time zone more important than anyone elses? I'd love to know, really. 

The anniversary event that lasts like, a week? You have a truly magical time zone if it skips time.

If you have concerns about missing Devstreams then you can always go back and watch them later, and if it's the rewards you're after then I believe you can just leave Twitch open when you leave and the stream will start and run anyway.

Although if you're this angry about missing rewards, yikes.

Thanks! I was running low on salt - saved me a shopping trip!

No, it's not my "personal timezone" - but in 20xx - companies that strive for a global market, should make accommodation for people in other timezones for events, if nothing more. So yes, I would like rewards to be tied to no timezone, but to a time period - say each day, vs a time-range, on a day - that way all your global customers get some "love" - not that my personal greatness isn't worthy of "that special attention"  :wink:

As for DevStream - wow - no foolin'! But maybe as I commented - the people on the EST/EDT coast might like a chance to watch after work?

13 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

DE do these streams on their work schedule. 

Yes! But for the times they do these - isn't it more customer centric/friendly to "work" a couple of more hours to accommodate people that pay your wages/bills? See here, DeMonkey - not even suggesting they do the Cast at 8pm - which would be my 5pm - for me - cuz I'm not a selfish gal...

Again, thanks for the salt - was that Himalayan or just generic rock salt? Either way - sooo tasty!!

6 minutes ago, FreyjaFX said:

I was running low on salt - saved me a shopping trip!

Have you read your post? :crylaugh:

The one thing it doesn't lack is salt.

No, it's not my "personal timezone" - but in 20xx - companies that strive for a global market, should make accommodation for people in other timezones for events, if nothing more. So yes, I would like rewards to be tied to no timezone, but to a time period - say each day, vs a time-range, on a day - that way all your global customers get some "love" - not that my personal greatness isn't worthy of "that special attention"

Then maybe your post actually needs to be about that, instead of the salty tears of "you're not respecting other timezones".

That at least could be constructive.

As for "not my personal timezone", make your mind up.

1 hour ago, FreyjaFX said:

when I saw the Anniversary event (I'd have to go back and look, so don't hold my feet to the fire here on specifics) and the hard times posted - times, due to my timezone,

^ "my timezone".

Again, thanks for the salt - was that Himalayan or just generic rock salt? Either way - sooo tasty!!

Jeez, you really really need to re-read your opening post.

"DE don't respect other timezones, I want DE themsleves to respond to me because I'm so special." Salt, it's all salt.

Edited by DeMonkey

2 minutes ago, FreyjaFX said:

I knew I was gonna regret this post... 🤦‍♀️ Sigh...

That's your common sense telling you it's a bad post, and not to post it.

Shame you didn't listen to it, or make any attempt to make the post better.

13 minutes ago, FreyjaFX said:

So yes, I would like rewards to be tied to no timezone, but to a time period - say each day, vs a time-range, on a day - that way all your global customers get some "love"

You have something here, something that could be a constructive post, but it's mired in the salt, the devbashing and the abhorrent arrogance.

Regardless however, so far as I recall the only rewards gotten by being somewhere at a certain time are the Devstream rewards, and like I said, just leave the Twitch page open and logged in on your computer. Or run it on your phone in your pocket or something. There are, as far as I'm aware, ways around this.

• Like 1

Ya know what - yesh - it was/is salty - because I'm originally from NYC - meaning East Coast, if nothing else (have at it here - FlameSuit ON). Living and working on the LeftCoast - I see companies have workerbees at work at 6am to cover the East Coast - yet even multi-billion companies, like Proctor and Gambol, HQ'd in NYC, close their customer phones at 5pm eastern time.

So yeah, I've gotten a little salty over EST vs PST. And if I refer to "My Timezone" - it's only in the sense of a continental inclusiveness given the coasts - not that "my timezone is better than all others" - simply due to the nature of the traditional NA situation.

And yeah, tasty salt on PB - awesome ❤️

8 minutes ago, cxll said:

Tell us, @FreyjaFX if you were to host a stream, would you do it when you have free time or when someone across the world, that is awake solely at a dead hour of your time, finds a window in their schedule?

If it were MY personal stream? OFC at my convince - but you knew that. As for my Business - I'd work to try and schedule that to encompass as many global timezones as possible - recognising the (assuming I am a global company, or even national only) importance of customer inclusion. Having pulled 20 hour work days back to back at times for work related things - working for a global corp - and being responsible for things that ARE global - I very much understand the nature of a global enterprise business. It's not like I was commenting, "Hey!! Come to my home and I want a personal 1:X with you all in a cast!" - simply that like so many other EastCoast companies - I see a very local time/work schedule (which, in general I 10000% understand) that doesn't take into consideration a broader timezone perspective of the customer base. Esp. at the executive level - I was a director at a multinational HighTech co - and my hours were tied to the needs of the job and not the clock.

2 hours ago, FreyjaFX said:

I'd work to try and schedule that to encompass as many global timezones as possible

You might or might not be aware that the astral body we inhibit is in fact not a planar surface and there are more people living outside of your timezone than within. In other words, what you are requesting the staff to do is already being done.

• Like 2