Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Havoc - Dual Element Warframe(w Artworks)

daemonstar

The concept is nice as always but I can't feel it... seems like it's to complicated and taking too much time and effort do perform the ultimate attack. That pillar needs to be charged? in battlefield you don't have time for something like that... especially when play with Volt/Mesa/Saryn/Equinox/etc. while you are charging... mission is done.

The concept doesn't fit into such a fast gameplay.

Visuals are gorgeous but the skills... I mean, they just look like another take on Chroma

Color related elements? Check

First skill shoot elemental damage? Check

Second skill is a buff aura? Check

Third skill is a Damage Amp? Check

Only fourth skill could be considered different, and its pretty inefficient by itself

-You can't select the element, its random

-You need to spend energy to place it, and then spend MORE energy to charge it so it does anything at all

-Its a severely restricted area DPS, doesn't even do any burst damage at the beginning

-When picked up, that it becomes usefull, it drains EVEN MORE energy

-Only has synergy with the first skill, kinda ignoring the rest.

Just to make it clear, I like your idea a lot, but I think that if you are gonna take Chroma's theme, and focus on it to create a sort of "elementalist mage" frame (magic circle) you need to improve everything that Chroma did wrong with that thematic. As it is right now, your Warframe looks like a dragonless Chroma with composite elements.

Edited by Xolot

Love the arts. Would love to do a collab/commission one day.

Anyways I like the concept but I feel the flipping elements adds too much complexity. Perhaps simplify by having the prime color be the energy color that emits an aura that does elemental damage to nearby enemies and the first ability cycle thru other elements (fire, ice, toxic, electric) and holding the combines them for a short duration or something.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Nightseid said:

Love the arts. Would love to do a collab/commission one day.

Anyways I like the concept but I feel the flipping elements adds too much complexity. Perhaps simplify by having the prime color be the energy color that emits an aura that does elemental damage to nearby enemies and the first ability cycle thru other elements (fire, ice, toxic, electric) and holding the combines them for a short duration or something.

I gotta disagree, I don't think the first 3 abilities aren't overly complicated at all, tap to cast elemental type and hold to cast both. It's the last ability that I think is too complicated and needs to be redone.

I like the idea more if its not like chroma, but that the ice & fire elements are locked in.

Also, for passives, maybe something like diablo 3s hunter would be good. Two seperate power pools which charge over time. The fire one adds power strength to fire abilities, the ice one to ice abilities. Blast pulls from both. Using fire abilities pulls charge from the fire pool, but generates ice pool, and ice pulls from ice but generates fire.

Ability 2, if using the suggested passive, could generate more 'wisps' by using more charge, each 'wisp' increasing the abilities effect. Also think there are quite alot of 'buff sheilds / hp' powers, including chroma himself. Perhaps change this to be an aura that provides hp regen and critical chance, or sheild regen and status chance.

Not sure Ability 3 is worth while, maybe instead.....

Ability 4 seems clunky (as most will just shoot than engage in a complex power).

So, remove the current ability 3, and split the current ability 4 in two parts. (assuming the use of suggested passive here)

Have new ability 3 be setting traps. Maybe tap to set traps at feet, hold to fire all set traps. The trap has either fire or ice element depending on the current ability 2 element. Have them build damage based on enemies dieing nearby, or something similar that requires less focus (as most will just shoot than engage in a complex power). Have firing ability 1 at the trap before its triggered change its element, and after triggering to refresh its duration.

Ability 4 could work great as a beam fired from the WF. It would be blast element, and pull from both pools. the warframe would be rooted during use, like mesa (maybe allowed a slow walk). Kills with the beam add to both passive pools. The beam gets larger and more powerful over time.

Just my thoughts on what would be more interesting to play.

NB: Also, DE would probably be unlikely to add more colour slots. Probably more likely that element 1 and 2 would be set, or affected by tertery and trim colours.

Edited by chaotea
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Always interested in your concept work, but to be honest, this seems like just a complex chroma rework. I don't feel like it sets itself apart enough. 

Also, I kinda felt like my own concept had grown enough to sort of have a stake in the Havoc name. Obviously everyone is free to use it, it's just an existing word, but IDK, I just know that if the great and powerful Daemonstar uses it then my concept is practically dead XD

Edited by (PS4)warhero229
Link

On 2019-01-18 at 2:52 PM, chaotea said:

I like the idea more if its not like chroma, but that the ice & fire elements are locked in.

Also, for passives, maybe something like diablo 3s hunter would be good. Two seperate power pools which charge over time. The fire one adds power strength to fire abilities, the ice one to ice abilities. Blast pulls from both. Using fire abilities pulls charge from the fire pool, but generates ice pool, and ice pulls from ice but generates fire.

Ability 2, if using the suggested passive, could generate more 'wisps' by using more charge, each 'wisp' increasing the abilities effect. Also think there are quite alot of 'buff sheilds / hp' powers, including chroma himself. Perhaps change this to be an aura that provides hp regen and critical chance, or sheild regen and status chance.

Not sure Ability 3 is worth while, maybe instead.....

Ability 4 seems clunky (as most will just shoot than engage in a complex power).

So, remove the current ability 3, and split the current ability 4 in two parts. (assuming the use of suggested passive here)

Have new ability 3 be setting traps. Maybe tap to set traps at feet, hold to fire all set traps. The trap has either fire or ice element depending on the current ability 2 element. Have them build damage based on enemies dieing nearby, or something similar that requires less focus (as most will just shoot than engage in a complex power). Have firing ability 1 at the trap before its triggered change its element, and after triggering to refresh its duration.

Ability 4 could work great as a beam fired from the WF. It would be blast element, and pull from both pools. the warframe would be rooted during use, like mesa (maybe allowed a slow walk). Kills with the beam add to both passive pools. The beam gets larger and more powerful over time.

Just my thoughts on what would be more interesting to play.

NB: Also, DE would probably be unlikely to add more colour slots. Probably more likely that element 1 and 2 would be set, or affected by tertery and trim colours.

This is way better of a frame concept, tbh.