Test1049

Conclave and the Dreaded Endgame discussion

Do you think that you would play Lunaro, a balanced Conclave or some form of PvP game mode if (let's say) the platinum grofit is exactly identical to other current forms of platinum farming? My idea is not for DE to give away plat, but instead give us arcanes, mods etc. to trade with other players. Is there a specific reward that would make you want to play PvP more than platinum?

Edited by Test1049
Miss communication
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

They will never add plats as rewards, it would hurt their business model that relies on plat purchases.

But sure, i would try pvp without a bulletjump+spam meta, but that would require some bigger maps. (i'm not against the current movement system, but this playstyle is way too meta because of small maps)

Maybe they should try an open world bounty type game mode with one team trying to complete the objectives and the other trying to stop them.

It would be less cheesy imo. if bulletjumping enemies would have to deal with the possibility of a sniper shot in the face from the distance instead of flying through the map guns blazing with complete invulnerability.

18 minutes ago, Test1049 said:

Do you think that you would play Lunaro, a balanced Conclave or some form of PvP game mode if (let's say) the platinum grofit is exactly identical? Is there a specific reward that would make you want to play PvP more than platinum?

Rewarding their only source of income (Platinum) to make people play PvP is a bad idea overall.

• Applause 1

Sorry, I ment that they would award arcanes or expensive ayatans, something that most people would just sell for platinum - just like Eidolon hunts.

About the bullet jump spam meta, I think that it would be a good idea for DE to rework Conclave to be operator only.

if anything else releases arcanes the incentive to eidolon hunt will probably reach an nice 0. unless the drop rate is reasonably as bad. 

eidolons are also time gated so that also makes arcanes kind of a rarity. its also one of the few farmable things left that are worth a decent amount of plat 

(arcanes)

for the most part the community does not like PvP as warframe wasnt really meant for PvP

But DE likes to (probably a bit too much) try to please everyone which is part of the reason the game is in a bit of a mess.

i also dont think we can get endgame until the game is more balanced as we are literally too overpowered for all content.

so something endgame would have to be something borderline impossible to complete without either a ton of worth or a huge rng or grind behind it, and nobody wants that.

its really hard for this game to actually have an endgame and expecting one to show up in my opinion is unreasonable cus it just wont really work unless the players are somehow restricted * either by one per day runs or by a extremely high difficulty spike *

Edited by Makunogo
  • Applause 1