Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is the game going

S.Dust

Warframe has no direction it feels like it has no plan, the content the game releases is very short-term content since DE creates something gives it bug fixes then moves on to something new and that is sad; what's even sadder than that is this games "great community" the one that spreads the idea that devs don't have time to look back and must keep making new things. If someone says look back at something that many people don't like the community response is to let it die the devs can't waste their time don't bother taking the time to improve it. Where is this game going it keeps creating things just to hold us over till something else that will just hold us over comes out.

I should say this now but go ahead and bring out the bingo board you know which one because how dare I talk about how long this game can last. Let me ask you where do you actually see the game in 10 years from now with how it is currently going, I'll tell you I don't see it going well.

Some people are gonna say we're fine we have railjack and the new war but being honest if neither of those updates change this game in a big way it will just be another thing that was wasted time and I doubt we would date to let them improve it if it doesn't instantly succeed.

Yeah this post is dramatic but actually answer the question, looking at the game as it is now and the rate at which contents comes out and the replay value of that content, where do you see the game in 10 years.

• Like 3

Ten years..on the positive note I see something like No Man's Sky and Elite Dangerous with a massive solar system map you can actually fly around in and descend through the atmosphere in real time to a generated map and engage the enemy using giant evangelion sized Warframes in massive Sentient versus kaiju battles... while jumping out of them in your normal Warframe, which is cured of the infestation and has a human face integrated into their helms and have regained the pre-collapse Orokin memories and personalities and talks back to you and you've formed a relationship with them...

The not so positive note..in ten years..it's Dead Jim....and we're playing Anthem's Destiny 5...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

Railjack.

No, seriously.

Steve, who remember is the creative director, has gone on record saying that it was the original vision for Warframe, the ideal they were working towards. He's been working on the tech for literal years. That's a big factor as to why so many people are calling it the next big step for Warframe - that's what Steve wants it to be.

And, as for where I see the game in ten years?

Probably either dead or not too fundamentally different than it is now. World of Warcraft will be 15 this year, and how much has it really, fundamentally changed since its release? Asking how much a game will change over 10 years when its already five, going on six and claiming it as a major problem for the game is overdramatic. It's a reality of game development - it gets harder to make meaningful new content or please the playerbase as a game ages.

• Like 7

A while back Steve mentioned open space exploration. It seems we're slowly headed that way. 

I believe he also mentioned boss fights that start on the ground, take off into space mid-fight, and crash land on a near by moon for the final battle.

Open space exploration seems massive. If we could take off from any planet, and explore and loot different asteroids and moons on our way to another planet... I see that down the line.

The lore is slowly being revealed, or constructed.. the pace seems slow but we've had some big additions over the last year or so.

Honestly I think DE just had a reaaaallly disorganized year.  DE should of organized new stuff to be bigger long time invested projects which is y Fortuna wasn't really a failure but bcuz endgame attempts or new modes were rushed that they fly past us. Endgame should of felt difficult, organized, innovated, and everything we farmed need to have relevance to it not 3-5 frames. Shorter end projects should of been focused to mainly fixing the game such as scaling, bugs, balance, combat, or y some modes obviously aren't clicking or in short polishing. Shorter projects should of also consisted of adding more events, enemies, or some add on to open worlds by rewards or mini quests. New toys were consistently released but bcuz we have so much already (wit plenty needing polishing) not only do we barely have anything hard enough, they dont have a purpose so they need to take a step away wit new toys for a short while to focus on more important stuff. 

Then not to mention they should start using references not only from other games but their own as well. Fortuna enemies is how enemies should be scaling as well as innovated enemies but they're all only in the orb. Profit taker should of been rewarding like eidalons wit a new batch of separate Warframe arcanes. Arbitration could of just stared at mot for endurance players atleast. Melee 3.0 they could just look at hack n slash games to see combo/movement/staggers should be fluid. Movement/combat could be cleaned looking at a game called vanquish which is older than Warframe but the closest thing to Warframe far more than comparing destiny. If I mention destiny raids should be looked at tho I have a feeling someone going lose it on the keyboard.  Then conclave needs to be destroyed get rid of abilities, modding, and bullet jumping/wall clinging to rebuild ground up one day. 

The game can go on very long but it all depends how passionate and attentive they all are. Hopefully they decide to continue to improve the foundation instead of dumb down the game which was how imo many games tend to fall. Warframe is one of the very few games wit so much potential it's up to DE to grab it and players are just feeling tension from the wait. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, S.Dust said:

... Yeah this post is dramatic but actually answer the question, looking at the game as it is now and the rate at which contents comes out and the replay value of that content, where do you see the game in 10 years.

10 years from now we'll probably be killing level 60 grineer with our 450% cc and x87 cd, 5 million base damage super sleek weapons. And looking cool while doing that, ofc. 🙄

The game may crumble under the weight of unfinished systems added on top of more unfinished systems in DE's attempt to feed a content hungry comunity by adding new things to do that feel new for the first 3 runs, can be farmed in a week (or 2 at most) and then there's no actual reason to ever go back to them. Their development cycle is already getting stuck by that downwards spiral and it shows when the "content drought" topics start to arise.

• Like 2

I really don't get where all of this fearmongering is coming from. 2018 was arguably one of DE's worst years in recent times, yet it was a phenomenal year nonetheless, with a massive and successful weapon rebalance, The Sacrifice, and Fortuna among its highlights. For sure, DE's development pipeline last year tunnel-visioned way too hard on Fortuna, which gave us a content drought, some of the worst-designed frames in the game (e.g. Khora, Revenant), and a new large world that didn't innovate as much as we'd hoped, but even then, DE seems to have learned from that, as they are now asking us players directly for input on what do work on next: assuming they follow through on this, this means we'll likely see a return to form where DE will address player requests for content more directly. Overall, it feels like much of the sentiment here stems directly from Fortuna Part 2: for sure, the update has some serious problems, but it is not the entire game.

With this in mind, I feel that, assuming DE keeps listening to players, the game could last a very long while, and I think is likely to gain even more players in the coming years. As others mentioned, Railjack is likely to revolutionize and expand the game yet again, and if DE makes the effort to properly tie all of their content together, and bring it to modern standards of design, the game would truly begin to reflect how gigantic it actually is. Coupled with improvements to the new player experience, and systemic changes DE is already working on (e.g. Melee 3.0), and I think the game really could become one of the best-designed in history, and only more successful for it. Of course, if DE continues to neglect this, things may not turn out so well (and this has been my main concern for the past year), but from the looks of it the devs are genuinely paying attention and listening to us, as they're clearly passionate about Warframe and intent on making it last a good long while.

Edited by Teridax68