Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame Suggestions: Tenno Alignment and Interactions

Zea_Maxima

Introduction

I just started a few months ago. I remember first playing Warframe with my friend because of it's beautiful graphics, non-stop action fights and space ninja theme (and amazing storyline). He stopped playing but I didn't. I played because I want to be a part of the 'Great Tennos' where you look amazing, fight great, and help newbies. Then now I see Veterans not batting an eye to the Fomorian missions because 'It doesn't matter'. But I think to myself, "THATS THE POINT! WE GET STRONG SO WE CAN FIGHT GIANT SPACESHIPS TOGETHER!"

I want Warframe to go into that direction. An endgame where everyone can contribute and join the fight. What does the Tenno Faction fight for? To eradicate the Grineer? to destroy the Corpus? to cleanse the Infested? to resurrect the lost Orokin Civilization? to get revenge from the Sentients?

This game is called Warframe but where's the War?

Alignment Choices 

One great event would be the splitting of the Tenno Faction based on their Sun and Moon Alignment, where Sol Tennos would do good and restore the Orokin while the Luna Tennos would seek power through the Sentients then Gray Tennos would just keep the balance. Then missions would appear to capture relays on what Tenno Faction controls it. (I hope they add competitive PvP in a deeper level)

Capturing a Relay will yield the Faction rewards based by the planet and get the resources from the owning faction. (Can also be invaded by Grineer etc)
Tenno: "Don't capture our Relay! I still got credits from that!"

Origin System Missions

I love the idea of all Tennos coming together to fight a common enemy. It makes me feel that the community is rising up in a unified action to achieve a goal (much like the Tennobaum). However, the mission seemed too short and shallow with a consequence of blowing up a location.

I noticed that some people don't want to participate in the Fomorian mission because they think it doesn't really matter since Kronia Relay (and other relays) doesn't have much use other than the Bazaar. If the Relays hold so much value, all dem players be defending it like it's an hour long Defense mission. 

New players also want to participate in these world-events. I joined the Fomorian Archwing mission but my damage was just a potato compared to my teammate who just STORMED the place. But I did my part! And I know every player wants to know they did their part and that it mattered. Fomorian Missions specific to the planet being invaded should also contribute to the progress. I mean, what can my puny Archwing do? I can fight them with my bow, and I want that to matter in an invasion too.

You can also introduce more Villains. I wouldn't mind getting an System-Wide infestation caused by the Source of Infestation. I won't mind fighting alongside a Grineer (especially Clem) to defend Cetus.

Farming like Farmers

Farming is one of the most essential part of Warframe. Without Farm, Warframe will be just a broken War-e.

I spend so much time farming and waiting for nitain extracts alert BUT I DON'T MIND! As long as my efforts are rewarded. But one thing I that I enjoy is the Fishing Mechanic where I just take a stroll down the Plains of Eidolon, grab my harpoon and stab those fishes. I enjoy the small and slow things in the game, taking a break and enjoying the graphics. There should be more like this where I could just plant Neurodes in my Orbiter and wait it to grow, or let my fishes multiply in my aquarium. Maybe I could grow my own garden in the Orbiter. I do hope I could sit with someone there and just watch the stars.

Dojo and Relay Parties

I know players organize meet-up and stuff in Dojos and Relays but there isn't much to do and to interact with other players other than meditating face to face. Do you know how it feels to find your friend randomly buying Zaw Sword in Cetus? It's a BIG Origin System but I found my friend shopping or setting up shop in Mars. I was very happy to see him casually buying, it felt like destiny pulled us together to meet.  I want more Player Encounters. Meets and Greets not with guns. I love visiting Orbiters although there's nothing much to do. 

I want parties in Dojos or Relays where you can meet Tenno and just talk and show off Fashion Frames. Announcements and Alerts can also be done using the Radio.

I'm sorry if I sounded so demanding and all but it's because I love this game. It's the type of game I see myself playing even 10 years from now because of the game and the people playing and making it. I know that the game is continuously ever progressing, that maybe all planets would have open worlds or never-ending missions, but I would like to see the game grow.

Thank You for reading!

I wouldn't consider Alignment and Karma choices to be a end-game system, more a story or narrative pay-off really, but I can agree with it needing more focus to really have meaning to players and the setting. As far as pvp goes, we have conclave - which is the least played content in the game for a reason - which being pvp is its own bag though it appeals to some narrow player-base groups. Events work similarly to your idea on the Tennobaum comparison, as from my understanding the Tennobaum meter used similar accumulation parameters. We could definitely use more that actually engage the community versus just being a leaderboard cheese challenge between a few clans. Nitain is from deep sea vent bacteria but the point is not lost, perhaps something to do with a different Plains node or dojo activity? As far as interacting, the game doesn't really reward players for interacting and indeed, per DE Steve, he considers the plot from the viewpoint of a singular Tenno making their way through the Sol system. Indeed, we have Helminth Virus to thank us for mucking around with other players we can't trust, powering that ancient infested entity. The game could benefit from more activities that reward interaction and friend building, but I can't see a good way forward to that end until Helminth virus isn't an issue.