Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Long time player feedback

(PSN)NewYorkGameflow

Hello everyone

Ive been playing Warframe pretty much since day one, got a few thousand hours racked up, also took a few breaks from the game. I figured id stop by and share some of my thoughts and ideas on the game. If you don't like reading, I suggest you skip this one.

First of all, this game has outlived all my other games. DE has done a great job, and Warframe has come a long way. The support team is some of the best gaming support I've had the pleasure of dealing with. The community is second to none!

My personal best content updates were the open worlds, and quests such as the Second Dream. I've had discussions with people who complained that the second dream was too short... this pretty much says that people enjoy immersion, quests that tie to the lore. An effort to expand on that field would benefit the game.

Rewards are an issue for me. I understand that after a certain point theres not much to go after, but the issue I have is with new "end game" content rewards. Arbitrations for example have nothing I really want or need... this is bad, for new end game content to have nothing of interest or necessity for certain vet players. The reward doesn't have to be something game breaking, like an over powered riven, or weapon. At the point I'm in, all I'm looking for is fun. I would be happy with cosmetic rewards. Not skins, a type of aura around my frame would be cool, different melee weapon trail effects (to be added in the form of an additional slot to be unlocked as a reward), patterned colors, or a new mission entrance animation where I don't drop down from that vent... that entrance is so outdated. We should have slots for more than mods and arcanes. Peculiar slots should be added (peculiars should not really be a mod). Also, *movement augment slots should be a thing*, where we have the option to change the second jump into a directional dash, for example. Or the flip into a ground dash (with the right fx and animation making the dash look awesome*)... but not as long as the void dash, that would go too far in distance. A dash that could help us move a bit faster than sprint, ninja style, but still close enough to use during combat (and yes, we should be able to dash through enemies)... a frame dash movement should seriously be considered... seriously. Intimidation augment, where some trash enemies take off running when they see you. Wall dashing augment, instead of hopping. Leaping augment?. An augment that binds a melee attack, or a weapon fire burst, within a dash that can hit multiple enemies through that direction - a charged version of that for more damage...

Some of the above rewards are out of the ordinary, i know this, but they can make any mission experience more fun (thats what im looking for, I believe a lot of us don't need any more power).

Content is a big topic. Call me crazy but i believe Warframe is sitting on top of a gold mine with regards to content. We have hundreds of weapons, most of which we don't bother using. A nice addition would be the option to re-roll certain types of weapons, in a forge or whatever, for a chance of better stats. I understand this is a rivens job, but even with rivens i don't bother using most weapons. Weapon tiers would get me to look for certain variations of some. Bosses should drop such weapon variations, in new skins, and assassination missions should be in the form of immersive quests, not just a 3min thing. Assassination missions should be a big deal with unique rewards... its a shame they're just a frame part little mini-mission run.

The Stalker, Zanuka, G3, Syndicate attacks, they should be in the form of a immersive events, and those enemies should be way more powerful than they are! Being captured by the Zanuka is so interesting, some people go and get captured on purpose. It has the feel of a mini quest, its something out of the norm. I wish the Stalker isolated me from my team, and brought me in a dark area where we had an end game type of fight with some lore tied immersion added to it such as flash backs of what we did to the Orokin rulers as he watched... the final blow to such enemies in those events should be a mini cut scene like the one from the war within where we dash to steal the scepter. That would be pretty immersive.

The open worlds have a vast room for content. Random events should take place while we're out there (not bounty type events like the ghoul purge) - faction conflicts, elite enemy squads, a Boss with their squad, sentient attacks... and raids should be added there. An underground raid in the plains would be nice. A better raid would be the tower behind the spawn location at Cetus... always wondered what it would be like to go in there. A raid tied to the Ostron in that tower would be very interesting, with a boss fight at the top... but raids, not trials. With all due respect, trials were not that interesting to me.

Fortuna should also have such events, and raids tied to the Solaris.

That is a lot of potential content...

I understand that melee 3.0 will be released soon. I think its a bit of a mistake to just hand over all that rework. Im not saying we don't deserve it, but there could have been content added to that process, like unlocking the combos in a skill tree sort of way, with different options for combo links and such. When it comes to melee combat, black desert online is what i think of. Im not comparing games here, and i don't feel too comfy bringing up other games, but you have to consider that thousands of people put thousands of hours in that game simply for its melee combat. Its arguably the best melee combat in the mmo genre... there are some tips to be taken from that. Warframe melee combat has been dull for me. Aside from button mashing, the animations are cool and all but i believe weapon trail (fire, ice, flashes), ground (shaking, breaking, cracking), air (dust, elemental particles), and enemy hit fx would have more of an impact instead of a spin or front flip. I also want melee combat to be much faster than it is, especially for combos (but not combos with leaps that land me 20 meters away from the fight. I really don't like that - i mean swing speed). Certain combos should mix some of the frames abilities - Ash should have a combo where he can teleport to the other side of an enemy group, mid-combo, and continue slashing... ok, thats all for melee, 3.0 is not out after all.

The terrain in some missions is way too wild and unforgiving. I don't like being snagged, and stopped by terrain anomalies. It kind of kills the "flow".

Something I've always wanted in Warframe is to be able to create elemental procs from different frame abilities. Certain Ember and Frost abilities cast in the same area should create blast, for example.

I have to wrap it up... ok, I've had these thoughts for a while. I've gotten positive feedback from friends when discussing such thoughts... so yea, i have to go to work now.

What do you think of all this?

DE, keep up the good work!

Thank you for reading.