Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion of Fortuna's vent kids...you might not like it

ChaoticEdge

I was wondering around during the time when fortuna came out I went check the vent kids and want get close up look the art...when I got too close to the head I noticed something weird...I took good look the head and the body and between it...well better put this in spoiler it maybe bit of....over stepping the bound there...

Spoiler

8C6081A9545E1BCFD1CB6BE55AA8D1C799998015

I was speechless when I saw this...between it

1 minute ago, trst said:

Have you reached max rank (Old Mate) in Solaris united yet? It offers a lot of insight into why the kids might look this way.

I know, when you reach max rank the adult's head is on their shielded belly body...but...why the kids have to be like that...  The Corpus still go their head still on their head up and they were wearing helmets... I don't see a corpus having their head on their belly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Not exactly sure what it is that I'm looking at here.

I got up very close up behind the kid's head and as I look between the kid's head and the body, they got no neck and what supporting it there is a rod holding the head......

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Not exactly sure what it is that I'm looking at here.

OP's picture didn't do a great job of showing it (I had to pop into the game to check for myself), but (Solaris U spoilers):

The kids' heads have been separated from their bodies, and are only connected with metal parts. I feel blind for not noticing this earlier, considering that it's plainly visible on the kids whose clothes don't have collars.

Just now, ChaoticEdge said:

I know, when you reach max rank the adult's head is on their shielded belly body...but...why the kids have to be like that...  The Corpus still go their head still on their head up and they were wearing helmets... I don't see a corpus having their head on their belly.

The Solaris people are debt-slaves to the Corpus, not Corpus themselves.

11 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I know...I was very speechless and wondering why DE make this very...too deep...of type of kids having...ugh....all I can say its quite dark for a game with that type of logic.

we literally play child soldiers, yes this game is dark 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I know...I was very speechless and wondering why DE make this very...too deep...of type of kids having...ugh....all I can say its quite dark for a game with that type of logic.

In a game where you're in control of a child solider mind-melding with what is basically a zombie to fight in ways that absolutely involve War crimes (poison gas, radiation-based weaponry and plenty of unnecessary suffering). 

Edit: another thought: The Solaris mention throughout Fortuna that they can work other jobs (presumably those with wiped debts), and they mention that they sometimes work on military vessels. Like the ones we blow up. Suddenly, Eudico's first words to us having a distinct 'Oh... s***…' tone to them followed by her basically saying "Don't kill us" makes a lot more sense... we've probably killed Solaris before, by blowing up the ships they were aboard.

Edited by Loza03
Solaris
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

But but but... floofs?

...ever noticed how similar their fur feels to the very creature you rescued?

I think Biz can salvage 3 floofs from every one you save, then charges you 5 tags for just one floof. Why else is he called The Business?

Edited by MasterBurik
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, MasterBurik said:

...ever noticed how similar their fur feels to the very creature you rescued?

I think Biz can salvage 3 floofs from every one you save, then charges you 5 tags for just one floof. Why else is he called The Business?

QFT 😄

29 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Probably as preparation for their heads to get 'relocated' in the same fashion when once they're older.

18 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

we literally play child soldiers, yes this game is dark 

WoW man! WARRIORS Not SOLDIERS!

A Soldier follows Orders, Good or Bad for their Boss or Ruler.

Being a Soldier is a Job or Enslavement.

Soldiers are bound to Duty and therefore have no Choice.

The Warrior follows a Code, like Chivalry, Bushido or Kshatriya Dharma.

Being a warrior is a way of life.

Warriors are bound to Honor, so have made their Choice.

Make no mistake, both serve something that they Perceive greater than them.

• Like 1

They certainly are creepy little buggers. They don't speak/act like kids, they all seem to be the same age/height too. I hope DE doesn't add more pointless planks and mods so I can just ignore their existence. That said, neither the kids or adults make much practical sense...it's just supposed to shock or invoke sympathy I guess, best not think too deeply about it.

48 minutes ago, Runeglyph said:

WoW man! WARRIORS Not SOLDIERS!

A Soldier follows Orders, Good or Bad for their Boss or Ruler.

Being a Soldier is a Job or Enslavement.

Soldiers are bound to Duty and therefore have no Choice.

The Warrior follows a Code, like Chivalry, Bushido or Kshatriya Dharma.

Being a warrior is a way of life.

Warriors are bound to Honor, so have made their Choice.

Make no mistake, both serve something that they Perceive greater than them.

I dunno man, Lotus kinda does force our tennos to do stuff for her (i.e. go capture this one or suffer failure, go kill this one or suffer failure, go hack 3 consoles and steal data if you fail X consoles you have failed me). The only time where we don't technically follow her orders is when one-shotting the G3.

And if we don't do what Lotus says (i.e. abort mid-game), we don't get mission loot.
We don't do the missions Lotus gives us, we can't set foot outside our orbiter.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

In a game where you're in control of a child solider mind-melding with what is basically a zombie to fight in ways that absolutely involve War crimes (poison gas, radiation-based weaponry and plenty of unnecessary suffering). 

Edit: another thought: The Solaris mention throughout Fortuna that they can work other jobs (presumably those with wiped debts), and they mention that they sometimes work on military vessels. Like the ones we blow up. Suddenly, Eudico's first words to us having a distinct 'Oh... s***…' tone to them followed by her basically saying "Don't kill us" makes a lot more sense... we've probably killed Solaris before, by blowing up the ships they were aboard.

its easy to do that making children to be soldiers, but making the kids give up their organs and everything early stage is sort of...unnecessary to say, its better have the kids growing up instead of being in added the cyborg part already with in seconds...I prefer wait for the kids grow up and just give it when they are teens.  Pretty much I ... don't think its ok to degut the kids and behead them early for all this...it would of stop their growth if you gone early with the process and I am bit touching the logic right about now so sorry and having dislogic both side effect...

Just flipping banana great DE manage to throw hard rock to my brain and finally I am back to insanity and it feel like I just having one thous soldier's ahh what you call thous soldiers when they are dramatized by the war and thought milk bottle is a grenade being thrown at them?  Feel kind of the moment feeling it could dramatized someone deeply mentally for that I mean legit for it will.  Just feeling that trigger feeling that someone is going have greatly mental break down if they saw that and dramatized them for days.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

15 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

its easy to do that making children to be soldiers, but making the kids give up their organs and everything early stage is sort of...unnecessary to say, its better have the kids growing up instead of being in added the cyborg part already with in seconds...I prefer wait for the kids grow up and just give it when they are teens.  Pretty much I ... don't think its ok to degut the kids and behead them early for all this...it would of stop their growth if you gone early with the process and I am bit touching the logic right about now so sorry and having dislogic both side effect...

Just flipping banana great DE manage to throw hard rock to my brain and finally I am back to insanity and it feel like I just having one thous soldier's ahh what you call thous soldiers when they are dramatized by the war and thought milk bottle is a grenade being thrown at them?  Feel kind of the moment feeling it could dramatized someone deeply mentally for that I mean legit I will. 

Then DE did their job right.

You aren't exactly supposed to be comfortable about child slavery and dismemberment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Then DE did their job right.

You aren't exactly supposed to be comfortable about child slavery and dismemberment. 

Well I hope no one who has a mental problem with war issue will dramatized him another weeks I mean it is a real thing and they go into a shock or start accidentally murdering people...I think its best keep this in mind if you have a real life veteran people keep them away from this game if they have mental issue.  I mean war can change a man really good (we had vit veteran and start murdering american asain people which it trigger his shock dramatized because little racist thing compare Hmong people with Vietnamese people and it was old news).

I am trying prevent issues and law suit its better put down may trigger people of their mental statement going insanity so better not to give mental veterans more issues.

Just now, ChaoticEdge said:

Well I hope no one who has a mental problem with war issue will dramatized him another weeks I mean it is a real thing and they go into a shock or start accidentally murdering people...I think its best keep this in mind if you have a real life veteran people keep them away from this game if they have mental issue.  I mean war can change a man really good (we had vit veteran and start murdering american asain people which it trigger his shock dramatized because little racist thing compare Hmong people with Vietnamese people and it was old news).

I am trying prevent issues and law suit its better put down may trigger people of their mental statement going insanity so better not to give mental veterans more issues.

Ah, I see. You're worried that it might trigger someone's PTSD. Well, from what I've read about the subject, PTSD is typically triggered by something that reminds a person of the trauma - so, say, gunfire if that trauma was combat. Obviously, being a shooter, there is a great deal of gunfire in Warframe. So, if you're concerned about Warframe triggering Post-Traumatic Stress in a veteran of a modern military conflict, that's probably more likely to trigger it than a cyborg child, which, to my knowledge, aren't found on most modern battlefields.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

wait, you AREN'T?! damn, been enslaving and chopping kids up for years without knowing this...

personally I have a harder time understanding their ridiculous slang than worrying about their anatomy. 

• Like 3