Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A cure for headless chickens

(PSN)O_o_II_II_o_O

I doubt I'm the only one who has entered a public survival fissure and had trouble collecting reactant due to other players scattered across the map. I notice a drop in enemies spawning only to look at my mini map and literally see everyone split. Now its simple why this occurs, because the game is built around killing so therefore players split off in the hopes of securing these kills. Now I do play solo sometimes, and also have used recruit in the past. However I don't feel those are adequate responses to something I feel is genuinely an issue.

So after leaving a fissure survival once again I thought about how kuva survival works, and the necessity to protect the siphon. Now that borders on camping, which is not something I want the game to ever try to promote. However I did come up with a possible solution to try to alleviate this issue that I for one have on a regular basis.

The idea being that each life support capsule comes with a number in whatever order they spawn. Then there is a range from the active life capsule which players must remain within. The range itself can be generous, as I said I don't want to promote camping, however a range sensible enough to prevent others from splitting and affecting reactant drops aswell as spawns. My first idea as a penalty for going outside of the range was a loss of the rotation reward, however I don't think that would be a sufficient deterrent. Therefore instead I would suggest a timer of say ten seconds to give the player chance to regroup or they are kicked.

I think this is a pretty viable suggestion and one that would certainly improve public survival fissures in general. As for general survival/arbitrations I don't see how this couldn't be relevant too.

49 minutes ago, davej83 said:

Normally, enemies focus on host.. so stay near host i get alot of enemies constantly

Again not a cure as such. Not to mention those who possibly stray too far out of lack of knowledge more than selfishness. This would only help them.

41 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Or sample follow where Lotus delivering next capsule then stay there until she notices u about next capsule then move on on next location. Is the same system on kuva survival.

But regular survival doesn't work like Kuva Survival. You can have multiple life supports set up as you don't sacrifice them in the same way you do in that game mode.