Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Clarify a few Limbo questions for me?

(NSW)TabascoJones

So basically aside from not understanding why I couldn't do damage sometimes when I'd have Limbo on my team, my first experience with Limbo was having my first ever riven mod challenge be "get three headshots in a single air glide" and I was struggling and saw Limbo could just freeze time, shoot three enemies in the head, air glide and mid jump unfreeze time. 

I just finished building Limbo Prime and maxed it last night finding him very confusing to use at first. Now I understand 1 pushes enemies into the void (or out of it), stasis is supposed to freeze enemies in the void, 3 buffs damage in the void, and 4 is the bubble that used to get on my nerves. 

In my experience leveling him, I kind of discovered that if I activate 4 and then hit 2 in the bubble it will freeze everybody but when I tried to do that trick of shooting bullets that activate when they unfreeze, they'd just take the damage as normal.

I've read and watched a bunch of guides but none have explicitly told me how to "freeze time" on enemies except "use stasis" but if I use stasis outside the void, it does nothing. Can anyone help me understand what I'm supposed to do? It looks like a fun combo to mess with but I haven't been able to do it right yet.

Hi!

To keep in short and to the point, the riven mechanic you are talking about doesn't work with him anymore. 

His most popular combo is 2 and 4, but does not freeze your/teammate bullets.

You  can do the riven task on Elara, Jupiter while gliding on those airvents (using any farme) if I remember correctly.

Check some guides that were created in second half of 2018

Just now, PurrrningBoop said:

Hi!

To keep in short and to the point, the riven mechanic you are talking about doesn't work with him anymore. 

His most popular combo is 2 and 4, but does not freeze your/teammate bullets.

You  can do the riven task on Elara, Jupiter while gliding on those airvents (using any farme) if I remember correctly.

Check some guides that were created in second half of 2018

I did that one a while back when I finished Zephyr Prime. Trying to get headshots while you're bouncing up and down on a Nintendo Switch is not easy.

5 minutes ago, DarthBane1 said:

If I remember correctly, the second ability no longer freezes bullets. Just enemies. They hotfixed this a while back. 

Lame. The footage I've seen of that was cool. 

Makes sense then. Limbo still seems fun, it just took me a hot minute to understand how to use him whereas every other frame I've used to date seemed easy to learn (other than failing to realize that Nekros' desecrate was a continuous energy draining effect so I kept turning it on and off)

3 hours ago, (NSW)TabascoJones said:

I just finished building Limbo Prime and maxed it last night finding him very confusing to use at first. Now I understand 1 pushes enemies into the void (or out of it), stasis is supposed to freeze enemies in the void, 3 buffs damage in the void, and 4 is the bubble that used to get on my nerves.

His 3rd ability, Rift Surge, surges enemies with an electrical energy of Rift around enemies in the Rift (you can cast it on them while your in or out of the Rift, just the enemies need to be in the Rift in the first place).

What it does is that two (three if Augment) things:

1. Enemies banished out of the Rift (Duration ran out, you used Banish to move them out, or they left the radius of Cataclysm), they get banished back into the Rift, plus enemies near the victim gets banished into the Rift too.
  2. Enemies killed while Rift Surged will transfer the effect to someone nearby.
  3. (Augment: Rift Torrent): This one's nasty, which gives the damage bonus you mentioned before. Only in effect while you're in the Rift.

With that in mind, you can keep an enemy in the Rift without leaving in the first place. Also you can banish new enemies into the Rift without the need to leave the Rift too. Just be sure not to use it too often in Public, but with the Augment and Stasis, Limbo shines in CC in Solo.