Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amp Info Should Come BEFORE Sacrifice

MadMav737

I played Warframe religiously at one time, but over a year ago, I stopped entirely. Came back to the game just this week and started in on various quests, eventually starting Sacrifice quest. Everything is fine and dandy up until you get to fighting Umbra Excal. He is a complete pain in the butt and/or totally impossible without an amp (operator weapon), which brings up my point; At NO time leading up to the Sacrifice quest are Amps EVER brought up AT ALL.

Now maybe I'm wrong about that, but the only way I might be wrong is if amp things and/or info is now buried within a quest from War Within or earlier, because War Within was the last one I did over a year ago before taking my long break. So if the info is there somewhere, just say so and I'll pull this down.

Point being that for as few times as you ever NEED to use your operator and as useless as they are fresh out of the gate and as hard as Umbra Excalibur is to so much as SCRATCH without an amp...  I feel that amps NEED to be mentioned WELL before people get to the Sacrifice.

Possible fixes:

-A simple operator "email"(in-game) "Hey dummy, go get a weapon for the operator already!"

-A specific quest to find out about/get amps (hopefully a short one)

-A disclaimer or prerequisite to doing the Sacrifice mission "Complete 'Hey dummy, go get a weapon for the operator already' before starting The Sacrifice"

Just my 2 cents. Honestly? Explaining ANYTHING AT ALL has ALWAYS been one of this games weakest points, almost to the point where "Second Monitor" should be in the min. specs so you can ALWAYS have the wiki in front of you.

(Quick aside; Tried to put this in General Feedback, but every time I opened General Feedback, the website stopped recognizing that I was logged in, i.e.-unable to post)

something elaborate is to give player some of the components and blueprints towards operator AMPS and toys or weapons earlier before the second dream, so that they dont just think that warframe is a rip-off, along with some additiona skins, and sub weapons themed by the enemies and planets that we visit, i'd like to have known alittle more about the operators right from cetus, bounties, and alerts to include some resonable things that hint about or allow the players to get some ship statues,, it makes no sense collecting cephalon fragments, and somachords if we dont even know what they are for and cant be used right away, god, nitain. 

25 minutes ago, MadMav737 said:

He is a complete pain in the butt and/or totally impossible without an amp (operator weapon)

It's a fight you cannot lose. Every time he "kills" you, you just respawn, the fight doesn't start over. Though it does take long without the amp.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

The part of your Focus tree that unlocks after War Within does tell you to seek the Quills, FWIW.

and i looked for them and i did not find them, the most i got was 2 mask from the child i assumed that there was a bounty and standing requirement, with the ostron before finding the quills, there was a sealled door, but some other platyer said something to me about finding all the mask to start revenant quest for blueprint or do i have to complete lua completely? also i dont even know how to get out of my warframe sorry i am a bit off topic, really weird morning.

On 2019-01-18 at 7:11 AM, Ksaero said:

It's a fight you cannot lose. Every time he "kills" you, you just respawn, the fight doesn't start over. Though it does take long without the amp.

Doesn't it make you restart when you go in without your Warframe for the 1 on 1 fight?