Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: Hotfix 24.2.9 + 24.2.9.1

[DE]Megan

15 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Vox Solaris Changes:

• The following Profit-Taker Bounty rewards have been added to Vox Solaris Offerings for Standing:
    • Gyromag Systems (1000 Standing)
    • Atmo Systems (2500 Standing)
    • Repeller Systems (5000 Standing) 

I know random is as random does, and thanks for reducing some of the potential pain, but this particular change hasn't helped me at all.  I have probably all the gyromag and even repeller systems I need from doing these bounties repeatedly (mostly the orb fight, feedback on that below), and I still don't even have enough Atmo systems to rank up to Hand with the Vox Solaris.  And which rank do I have to be in order to buy them using my toroids (standing) in the first place?  Bingo.

Maybe make them available at different ranks, so that buying the systems you need for the next rank with standing is always a viable option?  It gives a solid, achievable grind forward, with any drops you get from the bounties feeling like a bonus or boost, rather than a hard requirement.

---

I do quite like the orb fight as it is now; the bounce-shields are easily avoided with constant vigilance, the staggers feel fairly reasonable, and I can usually avoid the need to hunt down a Fluctus-wielder to replenish my arch-gun.  I still go with Nezha to protect myself from procs and staggers, and so that I can pop my arch-gun in the middle of the battlefield with relative safety.

Regarding arch-gun ammo, I'm sure it's impossible to ensure there's always an enemy of a certain type available, with players mowing down so many of them in a short time.  Possible solution: if my arch-gun is on cool-down when the orb is vulnerable, then highlight any arch-weapon ammo in the area, in case my teammates have already killed the muckers.

Also, if there's a direct way to tell whether the orb's damage vulnerability type has been reset by a fellow Tenno rather than the damage or time maxing out, that could be a  boon for saving communication in pub squads.  I haven't been able to detect a difference in the visual effects while playing solo, but perhaps I just missed it?

Was said often enouth for sure still also want to say it:

Thanks for finally giving an option to get the Atmo Systems a different way then just 1 hour grind the same 2 minutes mission over and over again! Gives me some relief there and some gladness to hear this. Thank you very much

I don't like that assimilate now allows friendly fire. I get the buffing herself but not at the cost of her survivability. I'd rather have friendly fire pass through her absorb and gain strength depending on the amount of damage absorbed with assimilate equipped. Or remove the energy drain from friendly fire.

Thanks for the update, will have to see how the Nyx changes pan out.

Also can we get the sentinels/Moa's beefed up or healing better, playing with them in Orb Vallis is just painful they die so soon into the missions which is sad considering my Carrier Prime has 315 armour,  375 shield, 1280 health only reason it stays around a bit longer is because of Primed Regen, an idea is when we however heal ourselves it also heals the sentinel, dropping medic pods and void dashing (varzarin school) through sentinel is to slow when you're in a massive fight and moving around so much.

3 hours ago, Dranixg0d said:

I don't like that assimilate now allows friendly fire. I get the buffing herself but not at the cost of her survivability. I'd rather have friendly fire pass through her absorb and gain strength depending on the amount of damage absorbed with assimilate equipped. Or remove the energy drain from friendly fire.

What?

The post mentions that you gain "self Damage buff " for few seconds after absorbing damage from your teammates not that you recieve "Self damage"

Which means her damage output is boosted for few seconds after she gets shot while absorbing by either her teammates or enemies.

Doesn't mention anything about friendly fire lol that would make no sense.

3 minutes ago, Dranixg0d said:

...I never said self damage

OP never mentions friendly fire either or anything that teamamtes shot damage you.

So again.. what?

Unless we have 2 very different understandings what "Friendly Fire" means

11 minutes ago, Lythael said:

OP never mentions friendly fire either or anything that teamamtes shot damage you.

So again.. what?

Unless we have 2 very different understandings what "Friendly Fire" means

A thematic element of 'manipulating others damage' has now been weaved through Nyx's Absorb. Absorb now has 'lingering Absorption' - Nyx's Absorb now converts a % of the Absorbed Damage into a self Damage buff when the ability ends for a limited time, dispelled on recast. This means as your teammate or enemies power your Absorb, you can tactically break it for damage/range - and/ or a self-damage buff for Nyx imbued by those around you! This synergizes with Mind Control, allowing more powerful victims, as well as allowing more lethality on Nyx's weakened and distracted enemies.

Have you recently played Nyx? Test it out. Currently with assimilate equipped you still take friendly fire when it was changed to prevent it back with Hotfix 20.2.3

9 minutes ago, Dranixg0d said:

A thematic element of 'manipulating others damage' has now been weaved through Nyx's Absorb. Absorb now has 'lingering Absorption' - Nyx's Absorb now converts a % of the Absorbed Damage into a self Damage buff when the ability ends for a limited time, dispelled on recast. This means as your teammate or enemies power your Absorb.

Have you recently played Nyx? Test it out. Currently with assimilate equipped you still take friendly fire when it was changed to prevent it back with Hotfix 20.2.3

Oh sorry i greatly misunderstood.

My English isn't perfect.

Well that sucks indeed :3

21 hours ago, Lythael said:

Well that "Stay in your missions while hotfix is deploying" msg isn't just for show you know.

i did stay in the mission as usual. when hotfix was deployed and finished, the game just froze up and got black screen so couldnt extract so had to reboot and lost everything.

it also happened 10 hours later, got another khora neuroptics and then after extracting i didnt get it, the score board was instead showing the neuroptics reward as 300 endo instead

good game.

by the way, this hotfix has bugged the loading screen when loading into a game.

the screen where you look at your ship while loading. the liset or scimitar or whatever and you can control it while waiting for it to load.

the color scheme doesnt load onto your ship so your scimitar is showing the default colors on it and then after like 10 seconds of loading, your actual color scheme appears on it but then the game loads in and you start playing.

Please think about what you want Nyx and Titania to do before rolling out more of those "buffs" that don't really buff anything. The QoL for Titania's RW is really nice - even if it took 2 flippin' years, with a bunch of constructive Titania feedback posts *every week* - at least we finally got vacuum and some way to support the flies yay. Only took over two flippin' years...

But I get sidetracked and a bit angry, back to the point: the rest of the "rework" for those two is seriously underwhelming.

Scrap Titania's 2, it's bad. Just bad. Don't try and fix it, scrap it. The buffs don't matter, at best, and go totally against her play at worst (get hit to reflect laughably small amounts of damage, but you die in 1-2 hits and have skills to boost your evasion and distract enemies... wat, who thought of that?). If it costs energy AND you have to find the right mob AND you have to go actually "retrieve the buff" yourself... the buffs should be worth all that. Not "eh, better than nothing I s'pose". Find a way to make her 1 and 3 more distinct. ACTUALLY tether her 3 so it doesn't become useless damn near instantly. Make her cast faster. Seriously, why. Make her cast faster. I'm not going to waste a modslot and lower her best abilitiy's damage (or sacrifice other utility) to make 2 baaaaarely mediocre skills useable. And without Natural Talent the energy and opportunity cost (NOT scanning for priority targets, aiming and shooting) is just too damn high. Why waste time and energy to cast a mediocre CC when I could just kill the bunch quicker and WITHOUT extra energy cost? And we still can't interact with door or elevator buttons while in RW. Would that be OP? Just let the fairy push a damn button. And in the plains and vallis there's like zero warning before you get swatted out of the sky by some anti-AW stuff. Evasion, accuracy debuff and distraction from razorflies barely matter, you just get knocked out of the sky.

As for Nyx: why not just have Psychic Bolts cancel on the old targets and apply to new targets with a 2nd cast? Did that REALLY need a clumsy and slow charge mechanic? Does that added clumsiness make the ability better or more fun? Also, the limit of 6 when we're fighting huge masses is absurd. Yeah its effects are potentially good - but no the ability is not usually worth it because there's a hundred enemies clustered in front of you. Maybe have it seek out specifically the aura providers and suppress them, not fly all over targeting LancyMcLancer who's no threat. Then a limit of 6 may be appropriate. Her 1 still does nothing worthwhile, the AI is crap and the damage you can pump in doesn't make a difference. Absorb is fun with the augment, but not all that useful. And abilities should be good and worthwhile without their augments, right? Yet especially without the augment, such an outdated ability. The damage buff here is laughable, nice but laughable. If I want to buff my team's damage I bring Banshee or Rhino or any other buffer/debuffer. This effect is at BEST a nice to have, but it doesn't redeem an otherwise boring and super outdated ability that really doesn't have any practical use in any current mission type - other than with the augment.

So that turned into quite a bit longer rant than I planned... sorry. But please, PLEASE stop with the tweaking, if you want those two frames to be good then there's years of constructive feedback threads outlining their problems in detail. And I'm sure you can run your own tests to see how they work (or don't work) with how the game's content of today is played. THEN think about how you can rework them, THEN make changes. Don't just throw random tweaks into the void and see what works, this barely amounts to anything. Buffs, sure, those two are technically better than before so thanks for that I'll take those buffs - but Nyx and Titania STILL have largely the same problems as before, you barely fixed anything.

Archived