Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

wasting boosters

imtooniceforthis

Dear DE,

Could you please, for the love of all that's good in the world, make it so that the boosters don't waste away while you're not playing? It is so frustrating that you log in and you get a booster (or buy it) but you don't have time to play or you have to go somewhere (sometimes life gets in the way, unfortunately). The hours waste away and when you do come back to play, the booster is at it's last minutes or worse, gone already. 

Could you make it so that the boosters are active only when you play? It would be ideal if the boosters would work only when you're doing a mission, but hell, I take sitting on orbitor and have the booster ticking away - that would be more fair. I just hate that you log in or buy a booster, then something comes up or you're just super busy, and you're not sure when you're gonna play, the booster is just wasting away. In another F2P title, credit boosters for example, you get them and they only work when you are in a match. Otherwise they are just there, passively waiting for you to play.

Is there any way that it would be made so that it's only active when playing (sitting on your ass on the orbitor or even better, it's only active when in mission)?

Sincerely, 
unintentionally booster wasting human

• Like 2

This has been requested multiple times, and always it has been said that it won't change.

I suppose it's mainly to keep you buying them regularly. I don't like the way it is either, but honestly if you just play 1 hour a day, then a 30 days booster would last you for too long and it wouldn't be profitable for DE.

• Like 4

It's the log in reward boosters that need changed.  In my timezone the rewards drop about an hour before I have to log off to go to bed so I can get a few hrs kip before work.  That means they all go to waste.   Change it so they have to be used within 24hrs, that way when I log in the next evening I can get use out of it and it hasn't wasted away.

• Like 3

Yeah, I've just basically wasted 3 days worth of resource booster due to 'change of plans'.... luckily it wasn't plat and it was just ducats but still a tad annoying

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

It's the log in reward boosters that need changed.  In my timezone the rewards drop about an hour before I have to log off to go to bed so I can get a few hrs kip before work.  That means they all go to waste.   Change it so they have to be used within 24hrs, that way when I log in the next evening I can get use out of it and it hasn't wasted away.

Not sure about you but the recent login rewards actually help with that, at rank 25 I'm getting 30+ hours of booster (don't bother thinking about changing this DE, it has no bearing on if I buy a booster or not) as a login reward.  edit: my bad, this is login days not mr linked....

Edited by LSG501

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

luckily it wasn't plat and it was just ducats but still a tad annoying

400 Ducats...worst case is 27 Bronze Trash, which is 54 Platinum...gg you wasted even more "money"?

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

at rank 25 I'm getting 30+ hours of booster

It's about days logged in. I'm MR26 and have 29hrs because I was on a hiatus the first year after DE introduced them and thus "only" having 860 days. Clan members who are MR25 as well with about 200 days get 11 hrs of Booster

26 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

It's the log in reward boosters that need changed.  In my timezone the rewards drop about an hour before I have to log off to go to bed so I can get a few hrs kip before work.

Go an hour earlier to bed and get your daily login ~20h later?

13 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

400 Ducats...worst case is 27 Bronze Trash, which is 54 Platinum...gg you wasted even more "money"? 

It's about days logged in. I'm MR26 and have 29hrs because I was on a hiatus the first year after DE introduced them and thus "only" having 860 days. Clan members who are MR25 as well with about 200 days get 11 hrs of Booster 

First bit still doesn't change the fact I basically 'wasted' the booster due to unforeseen circumstances.  A simple change to less time but only 'in game time' (the code is already there for this bit, it's in our profiles) is used to deplete our boosters would make boosters a lot better overall.

Second bit oh yeah, my bad....forgot it was that not mr.

Wrong subforum.

But regardless; since no one change can please everyone why not diversify boosters instead?

Keep our current boosters while adding ones with very short duration but only count down while in mission and add really cheap ones that boost a set number of missions.

2 hours ago, Kenmei said:

but honestly if you just play 1 hour a day, then a 30 days booster would last you for too long and it wouldn't be profitable for DE.

Imo it'd be obvious that the "dynamic" boosters that are active only when you play would be alot shorter, than 'static' ones to offset their usefullness.

I dunno how 30 day "static" booster could translate for "dynamic" one, but for example 3 day "static" boosters could be changed into something from 6-9-12h range "dynamic" boosters.

Obviously for some 4 hours of playing is not even considered a warmup, thus for them this'd be ungodly nerf, but then, for others 4-9 hours is almost as much as they play through whole week.

We could have 1-2 hours for 5~p boosters. In the long run those would be very inefficient and expensive, but for some, who don't play as often would give a real chance of actually spending their plat on the boosters.

Obviously numbers can be tweaked, so don't mind those that much.

1 hour ago, Kylo. said:

Go an hour earlier to bed and get your daily login ~20h later?

I have similar problem. Those fixed daily resets are pain in bum, especially when they cut your playtime just because you don't want to accidentaly waste possible daily booster.

C'mon mate, stop defending a weak design. Be better than that.

Edited by deothor

7 minutes ago, deothor said:

I have similar problem. Those fixed daily resets are pain in bum, especially when they cut your playtime just because you don't want to accidentaly waste possible daily booster.

Sounds like an NA-Problem to  me.

1 minute ago, Kylo. said:

Maybe you shouldn't be awake this early. 

Maybe you shouldn't assume everyone has exactly the same work/free time as you? Or that everyone doesn't have any health conditions on top of that that also influence when they do what they do?

1 minute ago, deothor said:

Maybe you shouldn't assume everyone has exactly the same work/free time as you? Or that everyone doesn't have any health conditions on top of that that also influence when they do what they do?

So they change it and then it #*!%s with my schedule?

1 minute ago, Kylo. said:

So they change it and then it #*!%s with my schedule?

You do know this doesn't have to be fixed reset time, right?

You do know they could add feature of us 'accepting' the daily rewards, thus activating them, right? We even have this on screen, the problem is: it activates either way

There's like few more ways to make it work for everyone.

-.-

5 minutes ago, deothor said:

You do know they could add feature of us 'accepting' the daily rewards, thus activating them, right? We even have this on screen, the problem is: it activates either way

There's like few more ways to make it work for everyone.

How'd you know they could just do that real quick?

3 hours ago, imtooniceforthis said:

Is there any way that it would be made so that it's only active when playing (sitting on your ass on the orbitor or even better, it's only active when in mission)?

Thing is though, if boosters were to change in this way, they'd have to significantly nerf the amount of time each booster would boost you for to balance things, or else pretty much never be able to sell boosters ever again and really mess with how things are collected. Let me explain:

Baseline Login Boosters (free) are 3 hours apiece. I think 3 hours is a nice, generous estimate for a single-day play session for the average player, so let's do the math from this example. Purchasing a 3-Day booster gives you 72 hours of boost for 40 Plat. Applying your requested change and assuming (for the sake of simplicity) that a player plays for an average of 3 hours per day, 40 plat would net you 24 days of boost. An 80-plat booster would be approximately 56 days, 200 Plat would get you about 8 months of boost, and Prime Access Accesories' boosters (new ones once every 90 days) would last for just under two years. Then we also have boosters that are given free with Login Rewards that scale the more times you've logged in. Mine currently sit at 30 hours, which would last the average player a week and a half, for free.

Asking for a buff like you're asking for in the OP without a balance to its real-time considerations would do some really wacky things with the game. Because boosters would last for so long, many people would feel that they're basically required. Players would be able to hang onto double the acquisition of everything for hugely long periods of play time, and so the game would become twice as easy in virtually every farming/grinding aspect. This would make those things half as hard, and so DE would rebalance things like Resource sinks, crafting costs and Focus requirements around near-constant boosters to give players back the progression paces they set in the first place.

Could your request be fulfilled? Yeah, absolutely. But DE would need to severely limit the time that's offered by their boosters to keep the game's grinding from becoming completely ridiculous. You'd be paying the same for shorter boosted times and the results would work out about the same.

But anyway, don't vote with a complaint thread in GD. Vote with your wallet. If few enough people buy boosters, that's an indicator that boosters aren't working and the devs should change how they work. Given that boosters have always been as they are now, something tells me the wallet vote is leaning in a particular direction. But hey, Login boosters are giving us more for free now, which may incite a trend. Let's see where things go.

The way they are now is a method called the art of addiction that makes the players feel like they're wasting a precious resource by not playing the game. imo, it's fine as is because it's an effective and effecent method of funneling plat out of the game that doesn't effect newer players and is targeted at players who have an abundance of plat stored up.