Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

wasting boosters

imtooniceforthis

7 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

It's the log in reward boosters that need changed.  In my timezone the rewards drop about an hour before I have to log off to go to bed so I can get a few hrs kip before work.  That means they all go to waste.   Change it so they have to be used within 24hrs, that way when I log in the next evening I can get use out of it and it hasn't wasted away.

It would be nice if the login reward boosters would work the same way plat discount does; you either start the booster right away or have to start it in the next 48 hours or it is gone. I can't remember when I actually got anything out of one of those boosters.

this problem can be avoided entirely by actually making use of the booster when you need it. most people in my clan buy a 3 day booster and MILK the hell out of it on those 3 days generally a weekend. you do not NEED to constantly have a booster on. the appeal of boosters is you buy it and you forget about it until its time to buy an other one. this is the main draw of one month boosters. Peace of mind, we dont have to think about it for a month. by then fairly easy to earn some more plat.

Edited by Makunogo

32 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

the way it is currently is fine, but there should be a 1 day booster. often times i just dont play at all because of there only being 3 day boosters.

how much plat would the 1 day booster be? 😮 this is a good idea lol however the 3 day booster is already fairly cheap at 40p.

Edited by Makunogo

3 hours ago, Makunogo said:

how much plat would the 1 day booster be? 😮 this is a good idea lol however the 3 day booster is already fairly cheap at 40p.

i would say 20 for a single day, considering 3 days is 40 and 7 is 80. you always progressively want people to buy the higher ones and those seem like good numbers. no reason for it not to be an option, and often i only get 1 day out of 40 platinum as it is.

the boosters that "waste away" will in the end be worse off since dota used to do that, they sold hourly boosters instead of daily boosters... and if you are someone that players for hours on end then the booster would be gone before the end of the day, later they changed the boosters to be similar as warframes boosters... if warframe was to do what dota used to do then you can say goodbye to 3 day 7 day and 30 day boosters since they would become 3 hour 12 hour and 24 hour boosters, which btw would cost you more in the end

I personally not buying any of these boosters because you cannot use it well. If you hit milestones and get 3 day boosters and you not play in that 3 day then basically you just wasted it. If there would be some in game quest or achievement which gives you booster or doing it then it would be better because then you do the quest and given 1-2 hour booster what you can choose which one. Then you can spend your 1-2 hour to farm specific items or do some fast money runs.

The another stuff is they could just sell 3-5 hour boosters max because a player mostly play 3-5 hour at max a day and if they does not wish to stop the timer while you are not in game then this would be a better solution than buying an expensive pack which you won't use at all. I know it is a business thing but more logical would be just sell a reachable booster and much more peoples willing to buy these if you not given as a daily reward.

• Like 1

actually minority of people play 1 - 5 hours a day majority of people play 6 hours and more I have work and other responsibilities but today I'm going to be playing around 13 hours same as tomorrow and during the week I play 8 - 9 hours just like the 30 other people in my discord. 

well nobody plays for 3/7/30 days straight. its a peace of mind thing really. you buy it and forget about it. 

i much rather prefer this then x hour boosters as the other person said, in the long run it would probably cost way more. we also have been getting login random boosters which i just love. 😄 sometimes i get a credit booster as i normally only buy one of those around baro time. so that saves me a bit.

DE probably doesn't want people amassing boosters from logging in daily over a 2 month lull while waiting for an update. Unless you make it overwrite the previous, this will happen with the new login rewards.

Also, it would pretty awkward with selling Prime Accessory packs if it said 300 hours as opposed to 90 days.

Edited by RX-3DR

36 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

DE probably doesn't want people amassing boosters from logging in daily over a 2 month lull while waiting for an update. Unless you make it overwrite the previous, this will happen with the new login rewards.

Also, it would pretty awkward with selling Prime Accessory packs if it said 300 hours as opposed to 90 days.

oh true they could be stacked if it was based on login time, 😮

20 hours ago, Kenmei said:

This has been requested multiple times, and always it has been said that it won't change.

I suppose it's mainly to keep you buying them regularly. I don't like the way it is either, but honestly if you just play 1 hour a day, then a 30 days booster would last you for too long and it wouldn't be profitable for DE.

This, if anything just think of those free boosters as a botched roll from login rewards, of course I assume it would be quite insulting when you get them from sorties but at least you can try to make some time to play in the next two days to make those worth and NEVER buy a booster with platinum just as a clear sign of "boycott" in that case.