Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Speed constant recasts need to be elminated

Shockwave-

10 hours ago, Chappie1975 said:

Where do you see volt "boosting" typically?  My guess....non-endless fissure missions.

How fast do most people want to do non-endless fissure missions?  My guess...as fast as possible.

So no we have a scenario of where the people not wanting volt's buff (which will slow down the mission) is more important than the people who want volts buff (to do the mission as fast as possible).  So we have one group of people telling how another group of people should play...do we not?   This is the crux of the "public mission".       Therefore even if DE made an option to always opt out of volts speed buff..the player than wants to go slow has a permanent hammer to wield against the people that want to go fast.     In this case, if I was DE...nope, not gonna change it.    Now if volt was used in every mission...this might get more visibility (traction) as do most things.  

To be fair, I think OP said he experienced this in a defense, which is endless, and possibly not a fissure.

That said, experience it once and running to the forums because you don't like how someone else plays one time in your entire warframe experience is kind of... yeah.

I agree with you that volt speed needs to be left alone, or at best, that the opt out has a longer cooldown for players that get motion sickness and such, meaning, if they roll, you can't rebuff them for X seconds (maybe 5?) that seems reasonable.

While OP didn't state they have a severe medical condition, I'm sure some people do and that's worth considering.

As always though, players are always welcome to play solo or put their own groups together 😕 I mention this because it always seems to be a foreign concept to so many people...

Edited by Klokwerkaos

On 2019-01-18 at 7:01 PM, NinjaKitsune56 said:

I don't see why Volt users think it's a good idea to bring him to Defense or Spy runs anyway. Volt has no stealth capacity to think of, and Discharge is more likely to trigger alarms than prevent it. Plus the shield needs to be cast four or five times to protect the target, as opposed to one or two for Snow Globe or Cataclysm.

Because volt shields are a) invincible (unlike snowglobe), b) let you shoot out from them (unlike cataclysm) and c) give you a damage buff from firing through them (unlike both). I always take Volt for sortie MD missions because snowglobes get destroyed in seconds from high-level enemy damage output. This is especially important for low-energy sorties, where you can't even spam Frost's globe to increase its HP.

On 2019-02-17 at 5:18 AM, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

Make the ability channelled, nuf said. 

Yeah... no. Channeled abilities suck massive balls. I'd rather keep my energy regen.

54 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Not getting energy is still objectively inferior to getting energy.

Sure (if you really need the energy or aren't getting enough energy drops). It really depends on what else you change with Speed, for example if energy is the issue while Speed is active it could grant an amount of energy per kill.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

Sure (if you really need the energy or aren't getting enough energy drops). It really depends on what else you change with Speed, for example if energy is the issue while Speed is active it could grant an amount of energy per kill.

Which is still over-complicated and un-necessary compared to... just not nerfing Speed in the first place.

• 1 month later...
On 2019-02-20 at 9:20 PM, 000l000 said:

No there aren't Volts in every team.

No they aren't spamming Speed all day long, most of the time they're only spamming their 4, quite hungry energy wise.

Yes some are spamming Speed but they are really rare and tbh most of them are using it when we have to move to the next objective - which is totally legit and certainly not worth complaining about.

I've played a lot and no Volt has ever bothered me the way you are complaining about here, at worse you can stop running which makes Volt's speed buff really less annoying. There are tons of solution, there's nothing to fix here. Speed Nova is far worse in the annoyance department and quite funnily there's almost no solution to that unless you're playing with Equinox - At least Volt does not make you die faster, be glad he only makes you travel faster.

As i said, complaining all day long is the easiest thing to do these days. Not the most productive though.

" you can stop running which makes Volt's speed buff really less annoying "
No, it doesn't make volt's speed less annoying when volt's speed aggravates simulator sickness.
I despise being in missions that have volt that uses speed skill. Having to backflip every time they use the skill, which gets in the way of what i am doing and in some instances i am at risk of death because of location/enemy when i backflip.

I was told off for being an A****** in defense mission with a volt spamming speed when i asked them not to spam it, which they ignored. They might have been proud their duration on speed was 15secs.
As Warframe can include other players in a warframe's ability effects on group, it could also be assumed a tool can be provided/equipped in the gear wheel (someone has suggested this) that would negate another warframes ability on our own warframe (this is not same as picking up a buff icon to get or negate a skill, which has already been tried).
It could be provided in the market and equipped in the Gear wheel then volt can spam speed as much as they like, and everyone is happy.

On 2019-02-24 at 9:51 AM, (XB1)Erudite God said:

I don't understand, I cannot think of a single situation where I wouldn't want his speed boost.

Volt's speed skill aggravates simulator sickness. Its the only warframe skill i haven't been able to gain tolerance for in 2200hrs of warframe.

On 2019-02-23 at 5:51 PM, (XB1)Erudite God said:

I don't understand, I cannot think of a single situation where I wouldn't want his speed boost.

I can only think of a few situations where I would want the boost. In fact, only one: chasing down a capture target. Every other time, it's less useful than not having it.

People want different things. 

• Like 2

I was looking through a thread from April last year that was locked ... The current method (if it exists) to opt out of the buff by another player is a PITA or near impossible to perform. The setting IS NOT a practical or "natural" or intuitive at all.  The suggestions there mentioned to go from a backflip to a double backflip -- which makes even less sense.

My thought on this is to make VOLT primary method of a speed buff to buff ONLY that player using Volt !!  Then have a more complicated method of toggling a "team" speed buff AND ONLY within a very short range -- 5-10 meters MAX.  IF you are standing right next to Volt when they buff the team then you get a buff. Eliminate any Range enhancement on the team buff so that it does not flood the entire distance of the map.  Cool down for a Team Buff would be a significant amount of time. and Not able to be spammed.

IF a team member gets upset that they are not receiving a speed buff from Volt -- that player can opt to add their own speed mods OR get their own speed warframe (Volt or whoever else goes fast).  IF that player is complaining that they don't get the buff enough of the time when using Rhino - then they need to not sue one of the slower Frames in-game.

BUT - JUST LIKE THE RECENT FIX to stop the endless 'teleporter loop' in the Grineer Sealab, this Volt speed buff affecting team members makes players want to leave a squad constantly or become annoyed that a Volt is in the group akin to a bad Limbo player that doesn't know to not use thier Rift Bubble constantly when it blocks ceratin gmaeplay aspects.

Volt's speed buff ability is becoming a burden to gameplay and needs to be revisited.  Some folks have mentioned that by adjusting the timer or the ability itself it reverts the development progress of the warframe.

OCTAVIA METRONOME:
I say keep the progress -- limit the spam ability to the immediate player using Volt ONLY.  Change the ability to work more akin to the newer Frame abilities like say how Octavia's 3rd ability Metronome.  Where the ability is cast - then if the player is in range and opts to participate in one of the alternative methods to activate the "team" ability then by all means the Rhino player that wants to run fast and not switch frames and not add mods can do so. The rest of us can opt out of being flooded by players with very little self control over who they are affecting during gameplay.

Personally I HATE IT and will deliberately STOP moving and wait ujntil the time runs out and hope to hell that Volt is out of range before proceeding.  If I am unable to do so and the Volt palyer remains in range spamming the ability I proceed at a very slow walk (while my character waddles it's feet like a cartoon).

Volt is becoming problematic to the point where I see people complaining in chat more often and people leaving squads when a Volt player joins.

EXCALIBUR EXALTED BLADE:
Another thought I had was to allow Volt to speed buff themselves all they want to akin to how Excal's Exalted Blade works ... instead of a timer - if they have enough energy they can spam it all they want to - slma into walls and do whatever they wantr to with their own Frame all day long .... but where it wouldn't affect group memebers.

ASH SMOKE SHADOW Syndicate Augment:
Ash's invisibility is only for Ash when activated - but the Syndicate Augment Mod allows the player to extend the ability to other players fora  more truncated period of time compared to the Ash player. Then if that player wants to spam the hell out of a speed buff all day long without affecting players - great.  If they want to include their group members - then they are forced to give up a mod slot to add in a VERY SHORT TERM speed boost to members.  So the Volt playuer would have to decide if they want to spam the group with speed OR use that slot for something else that benefitrs their own gameplay more.  Since Volt IS NOT a Tank or Support Frame this would cause them to sacrifice something else just to a bother to other players.  I could seea Volt player just weanting to be a nuisance at that point -- but it would be few and far between.

Edited by uberfu
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-23 at 3:59 AM, OmegaVoid said:

Since we have unlimited gear slots now, what I would like is an item I could equip in my Gear Spiral which confers immunity to Volt Speed.

NOPE - WRONG -- There DOES NOT need to be a mandatory gear item just to counteract a warframe ability.  It doesn't matter that we have endless slots.  The rest of the player coomunity -- let's call the MAJORITY -- vs the smaller minority of VOLT Players -- should NOT be forced to confrom to a single subset group because Volt players can't be bothered to give a damn about how they are affecting other players arfound them.  This is the tail wagging the dog.

On 2019-02-23 at 5:51 PM, (XB1)Erudite God said:

So playing area mode like Onslaught or The Index where space is confined -- speed works to a disadvantage and is not needed.  If a single player wants to move fast ina  confined space - more power to them.

But unless you elaborate and explain your commment further - you simply come across as someone who only plays Volt and has not bothered to expand your gameplay beyond spamming a speed buff because you can. And you are not adding to the conversation.

If I could downvote your comment I would - but DE's thread system only allows for positive accolades unfortunately.

Edited by uberfu

Just remove his ability to recast it. If it puts rest of the team in disadvantage in small areas or becomes annoying, then it's a problem. And no, no Option turn on/off solution, that's exactly where would another bias train started once implemented for one thing.

Edited by CoreXCZ

On 2019-03-07 at 7:48 PM, DoomFruit said:

Because volt shields are a) invincible (unlike snowglobe), b) let you shoot out from them (unlike cataclysm) and c) give you a damage buff from firing through them (unlike both). I always take Volt for sortie MD missions because snowglobes get destroyed in seconds from high-level enemy damage output. This is especially important for low-energy sorties, where you can't even spam Frost's globe to increase its HP.

Yeah... no. Channeled abilities suck massive balls. I'd rather keep my energy regen.

I use frost snow globe on low-energy high-end defence missions (sorties) and they haven't been destroyed in seconds. Can spam snow globe by using energy pizzas. I solo-ed a sortie defence mission with frost. Worked beautifully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bubbabenali said:

DE already had the perfect solution by letting him drop an item that anyone who wanted the buff could run over it... Thy changed it back because they felt that hampered it's "Teamplay ability"...

It ran into the mirror of what this thread is about. More players either want or are ok with Speed then the players that aren't and, me included, didn't like having to search through tilesets to find where the drop was. So yeah, it was more disruptive to his team play as a drop than it is now.

I wonder what happend to the Orb drops from Volts speed ability

i know deep in the backskull chamber that there was an early change on volt

That he was able to drop speed orbs that you could pick on the pathway

:thinking: what happend with it Devs 

Limbo does the same thing dropping rift orbs

Change this back to the previous rework

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -_Highlander_- said:

I wonder what happend to the Orb drops from Volts speed ability

i know deep in the backskull chamber that there was an early change on volt

That he was able to drop speed orbs that you could pick on the pathway

:thinking: what happend with it Devs 

Limbo does the same thing dropping rift orbs

Change this back to the previous rework

They play completely different, though.

Limbo tends to be at a Defense type mission..   Volt, while great at defense, uses his buff mostly getting through long, straight-forward areas, in which by the time he left his "orb", everyone would've bullet-jumped LONG past it.  

It the mess of other missions, like Survival, people have to hunt for it.....or, more likely, knowing this community, they accidentally run into it and throw a fit about how they didn't want the buff, etc.  If you gotta stop and pick it up, that further slows things down, kinda defeating the point of the buff, and probably getting you killed.

8 hours ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Why do people hate volt speed again? Can you not process you movement when sped up hy volt or somthing? No question intelligence actually wondering

speed is bad in close quarters like eris tilset, ice planet, pretty much any place with small corridor and many turns doors etc. since parkour 2.0 i have not ever needed this buff. you can throw trying to do melee combos out the window because of the increase in melee speed. the reason Twisted_Intent gave is also another reason to not want it.

Speed has become so obnoxious to me that even if im host ill leave a mission when one is present because they lack self control. you cant opt out of spam. and when asking one to not spam well...... they will have some choice words for you so if DE decides to do something where i dont have to deal with obnoxious volt speed spammers ill be more than happy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

speed is bad in close quarters like eris tilset, ice planet, pretty much any place with small corridor and many turns doors etc. since parkour 2.0 i have not ever needed this buff. you can throw trying to do melee combos out the window because of the increase in melee speed. the reason Twisted_Intent gave is also another reason to not want it.

Speed has become so obnoxious to me that even if im host ill leave a mission when one is present because they lack self control. you cant opt out of spam. and when asking one to not spam well...... they will have some choice words for you so if DE decides to do something where i dont have to deal with obnoxious volt speed spammers ill be more than happy.

i will admit that some weapon combos are a bit harder to pull off specific combos... specifically pause combos.

but where some do have problems with the speed shifts others dont.. additionally many combos dont require timing. Block Combos, directional combos, combos that require no specific input changes, not to mention slide attack spam. these things dont suffer from speeds effects unless you have a weapon like prisma Obex and a volt with excessive power strength where its nearly impossible to input button presses fast enough that the combo resets..

but hey, that totally ignores people who complain entirely due to speed affecting the timing of their macros... which do exist on PS4 and Xbox too afterall.

i am not the most skilled player, yet i don't have half the struggles that i keep seeing on these forums about speed... and need i remind that Valkyr has similar bonuses that affect combo inputs..

as for ability to navigate at the altered speed... again its more of a learning how to issue and not wanting to.

Spamming speed.... i have made my part and given my suggestions on helping those that genuinely hate it in spite of my personal opinion that the players who dislike speed should really just learn to get along with the ability.

First off, my personal preferance is a cooldown on speed applications when someone preforms the "opt out".. 1-5m cooldown is ideal as backflipping is a uncommon thing to preform by mistake.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

~snip~

just because you don't have issues with speed doesn't mean myself and others like myself who do should be ok with it. if speed wasnt a problem there wouldnt even be an opt out. limbo went through the same thing (still is imo) DE had to add an opt out to getting banished because of trolling.

any power that controls other players movement or interaction with the games's environment shouldn't even be a thing. there are many ways to achieve moving faster without speed, and without effected the speed of others.

DE needs to make a proper opt out or allow me to completely be immune to other players buffs that effect movement speed, attack speed.

most of the matches i have on defense that have volt has a volt spamming speed and spinning to win. i cant wait till they nerf spin attack.

Edited by EinheriarJudith
  • Like 1