Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 15 - Accepted Items!

[DE]Taylor

i'd really like if had more than one syandana in this tennogen round... even with so many of them available, it's the most versatile item of cosmetics bc you can use with anything. But nvm, maybe next time :c

Edited by Kyuna

On 2019-01-27 at 1:20 PM, LittlemanFTW said:

I think the Nidus Nightwalker skin will look a tad bit weird without it's Syandana. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1478716861 But I'm very happy that the skin itself got in. I love the way it looks and we've been lacking a good non-deluxe Nidus skin. Keep up the good work DE ❤️

I'm really looking forward to the future of Warframe, and our awesome community growing.

true, I really hope the syandana can get in next round because we need it to complete the look. 😯

Nidus and Garuda ok... but ANOTHER Excal skin??? Really? Besides that the amount of things is a really letdown: Why the hell is Valkyr not getting any of those brilliant skins... or at least Kohra maybe? NOPE! Let give excal the 20. skin...

Edited by DerGreif2

On 2019-01-19 at 4:35 PM, -NightmareMoon- said:

This is what annoy me the most, excalibur is already the frame with the most tennogen stuff, but other frames like Khora have nothing, is really insulting and outrageous for the people that use her, another excalibur skin and still nothing for other frames that have nothing, this process of accepting stuff need to change, because clearly this is not the most vote by the community is just someone with to much power.

I'm really frustrated right now, and I don't want to be rude but  round is full of frustration for me.

TennoGen items aren't accepted purely by vote count. Since our Tenno are paying for these items, there's a lot of factors that go into deciding whether an item can be accepted so that it meets the quality standards necessary for the game:

• It needs to fit stylistically for the faction as well as the universe as a whole.
  • It needs to not have technical issues that result in tinting problems, having seams, the mesh not being lumpy, etc.
  • It needs to be a unique design that will perform well in a fast-paced game. 

Khora is in my top 5 most played Warframes and I cannot WAIT for her to get her own TennoGen items, but it needs to meet our standards. All of the Khora pieces this round have received feedback from our team to help push them in the right direction for Round 16. 

As for any Excalibur skins that get accepted, they do so when they meet the criteria above. One skin getting in does not exclude another, each item is judged on its own merits alone. 🙂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, [DE]Taylor said:

TennoGen items aren't accepted purely by vote count. Since our Tenno are paying for these items, there's a lot of factors that go into deciding whether an item can be accepted so that it meets the quality standards necessary for the game:

• It needs to fit stylistically for the faction as well as the universe as a whole.
  • It needs to not have technical issues that result in tinting problems, having seams, the mesh not being lumpy, etc.
  • It needs to be a unique design that will perform well in a fast-paced game. 

Khora is in my top 5 most played Warframes and I cannot WAIT for her to get her own TennoGen items, but it needs to meet our standards. All of the Khora pieces this round have received feedback from our team to help push them in the right direction for Round 16. 

As for any Excalibur skins that get accepted, they do so when they meet the criteria above. One skin getting in does not exclude another, each item is judged on its own merits alone. 🙂

So, I'm just curious: What role does vote count play in things getting accepted? Because it appears like it plays no role at all, considering items that aren't voted highly have been accepted in the past.

On 2019-01-18 at 1:52 PM, SortaRandom said:

NIGHT HUNTER MADE IT IN WOOOO!!!!

But, I'm super bummed that the Excal Blade of the Lotus skin (+ the Blade of the Lotus syandana) didn't make it in. Were there technical issues with the skins or something? Because the preview images look fantastic and they don't seem out of place compared to the other BotL skins that have already been accepted.

A860FAC29530DA351A58865A321BD6164799BCA2

Come on, DE! I need this in my life!

Glad the Sword made it in, but I totally can't wait for this, will definitely go farm another Excalibur for this fashion. Love my Umbra, but I don't see the scarf making it on this one. 

On 2019-01-21 at 1:16 PM, (XB1)BeastBuster1999 said:

My Excal wasn't actually even eligible for this round as I slacked off over the holidays and didn't get him revised in time!  Saryn was the only one I fixed up, so she was the only one who had a chance to get accepted.  As for what held it (and my other skins) back, I had unwittingly added a bunch of Grineer detailing into my sculpts that will need to be changed.  There are other frame specific critiques to be addressed, but that's basically what it boiled down to.

Thanks a lot for the update! I can't wait to see what the Excal+Shiroku look like when they're fully completed! 😄

39 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Glad the Sword made it in, but I totally can't wait for this, will definitely go farm another Excalibur for this fashion. Love my Umbra, but I don't see the scarf making it on this one. 

Honestly, with the scarf wrapping around the neck and draping over the shoulder, it looks like it won't have any serious clipping issues with the shield syandana-- which instantly makes it one of the best syandanas for Umbra.
I play Umbra almost exclusively, so I'm 100% hyped for this!

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

Honestly, with the scarf wrapping around the neck and draping over the shoulder, it looks like it won't have any serious clipping issues with the shield syandana-- which instantly makes it one of the best syandanas for Umbra.

I play Umbra almost exclusively, so I'm 100% hyped for this!

Yea that was my first thought, and it will look a lot like a tabbard. But my gut tells me outside of the foundry,  a little speed will clip it by force. 

I'll cross my fingers, and am actually really glad your reply contained a more official reply. Maybe one of the next two rounds we will see it!! 

On 2019-02-01 at 2:25 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

TennoGen items aren't accepted purely by vote count. 🙂

It seems vote count doesn't count at all. 
I mean, some stuff that barely got any votes got in, while others with thousands of votes were left out. I can understand if an item has techinical issues, but this.....

It needs to be a unique design ....

or

It needs to fit stylistically for the faction as well as the universe as a whole.

...don't make much sense. So, if thousands of people like an item and want to buy it, it may still be denied because someone in DE feels it is not unique or doesn't fit stylistically? 

7 hours ago, Anthraxicus said:

...don't make much sense. So, if thousands of people like an item and want to buy it, it may still be denied because someone in DE feels it is not unique or doesn't fit stylistically? 

exactly, some of the stuff that got in, stuff thats #*!%ing AMAZING, wouldnt have gotten in at all if that bullS#&$ was a thing

plus, warframe takes stylistic choices from loads of different cultures and places right? theirs barely any style someone could use for a tennogen design that wouldnt fit

On 2019-02-01 at 11:25 AM, [DE]Taylor said:

One skin getting in does not exclude another, each item is judged on its own merits alone. 

🙂

Can you tell me if this is also true for consoles (I know the contracts/payment structure is different) and how it all actually works?

I ask because I really liked the MAGAERA Equinox and it isn’t going in with the other Equinox Tennogen Skin When consoles get the next update.

Can you please elaborate on this process, or is the NDA card going to be played? 

Thank You!

В 02.02.2019 в 00:56, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n сказал:

So, I'm just curious: What role does vote count play in things getting accepted? Because it appears like it plays no role at all, considering items that aren't voted highly have been accepted in the past.

Same as those things below your post on the right.