Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2019 Schedule Opinions?

iLightning13

12 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

I think the schedule is ambitious but unlikely.

Yeah I think that the first half of the year looks quite full of stuff to get out.

However they didn't really seem to put lots towards the end of the year, only Railjack in Autumn, so maybe that'd just get pushed back a few months and the rest of the stuff spread out.

I'm quite happy with how it seems to be somewhat different from what they've done previously though - those robo-Orokin guys look pretty neato and some of the events like Deck 12 look interesting.

• Like 1

Yes, the list Steve drew on the whiteboard is indeed ambitious, and kudos if they can pull it off.  My guess is that perhaps only 50% will materialize in 2019.  Still, it's a decent amount of content if so.

From a software development point of view, Warframe's codebase must be getting to the point of being unwieldy.  If they truly are going to add all they listed, while still keeping existing content intact, I can't image all the testing/QA that is needed just to ship out future updates.  Not only will they need to test all the new content but to also make sure all the old stuff remains unbroken.  Hence, the 'picking up the pieces' Steve mentioned can only pile up as more new pieces are added, and more stuff needs to be maintained/tested.

Regardless, 2019 does sound like it's off to an exiting start.  Come end 2019, let's re-visit this devstream and see what really has been accomplished.  No pressure, DE. 🙂

• Like 3

It seems very ambitious. I hope that they can get the Wolf of Saturn stuff out asap, because I feel like weekly challenges would bring lasting gameplay to the players that don't have anything left to work on. It would just give them something to do while waiting for larger updates like Fortuna part 3, The New War, Railjack, etc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

Yeah I think that the first half of the year looks quite full of stuff to get out.

However they didn't really seem to put lots towards the end of the year, only Railjack in Autumn, so maybe that'd just get pushed back a few months and the rest of the stuff spread out.

I'm quite happy with how it seems to be somewhat different from what they've done previously though - those robo-Orokin guys look pretty neato and some of the events like Deck 12 look interesting.

I'm especially interested in Deck 12. I want to see that place myself, then I want immediately to go and ram my Mara Detron down Nef's throat and unload a full clip into him.

I think they skipped a lot of other stuff what was promised long before so pretty much these stuffs seems shelved for long time or scrapped. Kingpin was a waited game addition but hopefully they can now at least finish some stuff. A new facition is coming which is good because long ago waited for a new one but the new female frame is just disgusts me because of how they wanted to try to copy Zorya from the overwatch. The other frame was not shown so I cannot make opinion on it but personally I just skipped a lot of part from this stream and just watched where they shown some stuff.

I am sure what they teased and announced will be half backed and won't also please the playerbase so it won't correcting the 2018 year because it was not spoiled. The game is not rewarding because grindy and peoples want more stuff which rewards them instead of having fun and play for fun. If you cannot enjoy the content what they give then you should take a break from the game.

This is my opinion it and we will see what will happens. I am not excepting so much only Flora as warframe because we needs some more nature-earth-plant based frames aswell. Other than this I waited for the kingpin announcement so if it is in somewhere the ongoing list then fine if not then nothing happens just won't be excited at all.

• Like 7

Only thing I'm worried about is how much back lash is going to happen when they evidently don't get everything done in the list.  it's the whole reason why I'm against companies that struggle with deadlines to make roadmaps, since it just causes rage from the community.

The new Warframe she-rhino, has an additional weapon.. Which from the context that they spoke made it seem like it's not an exaulted weapon so it simply exhibits as a 4 weapon. 

I feel that if this is true..  It's a great decision, but will other Warframes get similar treatment? Exaulted weapons do offer additional buffs or extreme power so they likely will remain an energy consuming ability. 

I'm excited to learn more! 

The only down side, she was 'tech' themed. Where does Vaubon sit? 

Well, I'm rewatching the stream, and here are my thoughts with that.

Warframes: Those are likely to be done fairly quickly all told. It seems that it doesn't take that long for them to make new Warframes from the point they've been showing them to us of late - remember Garuda and Baruuk were all shown off a couple weeks before their respective updates.

Deck 12: They're almost certainly lying about 'not having anything to show'. Those flickers that happened throughout the stream are almost certainly related. I'm predicting this very soon. Possibly even in the next week.

Gas City: More than likely the next actual update. It's a return to an old area, we've got a frame that's a return to an older incarnation of the art style, updated with newer evolutions... it just fits. Plus, that's been in dev for ages now, and from what we can tell from Steve's twitter reveals, the lighting and all that stuff seems pretty damn close to done. Could see this in February

Wolf of Saturn: not impossible that it comes with the above. Though could also take on its own update depending on how big it turns out actually being and how long it takes the New War to come out. We don't know enough about this one. Might be in February, or maybe March. If the latter, perhaps the anniversary stuff will be made a part of it?

New War: Waaaay closer than Sacrifice was relative to where we are in the year - provided the above go well and depending on Railjack (discussed later) I can see them meeting spring easily. Sacrifice came out mid-June, and from what I can tell from Steve's twitter, started Mocap in April. 

So if they're getting Mocap started now? I can absolutely believe they can get it out in the spring. Only wrinkle is...

Empyrean/Railjack: If Railjack does wind up a part of New War, the New War will most certainly be delayed to match. But, in all honesty, having New War be in the state it seems to be in and what we know about all the tech bodes very well for Railjack's development. Quarter one is out of the picture, but there's a strong chance we'll see it in the spring or summer - probably around the border therein. If they winds up divorced from each other, we'll still probably see Railjack around this time but see New War much sooner. Beggers can't be choosers. And, man, if it weren't for this roadmap I would most certainly be begging.:tongue:

Planes of Duvir: to be frank, we know nothing about this. This is the major update I could see pushed back to 2020. A full new faction plus a tileset to match is no mean feat. Don't forget, this includes a crapload new stuff like new weapons, new mechanics, a niche for the new faction... stuff we expect from factions in Warframe. It's not just the new enemies and tileset.

Other Balancing stuff: Not gonna lie... I get the feeling DE might pull back on this compared to 2018, where there were a lot of small QoL tweaks, fixes and quite a few reworks. Stuff a lot of the community has, frankly, forgotten about. And it wound up one of the slowest years they've had. Melee 3.0's a given (I'm expecting part 1 with Gas City, if only so they can justify Revenant's misplaced Nodachi) but if they're learning from the mistakes of 2018...

After this analysis, I'm actually pretty confident they can do most of this. Bring on 2019!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

The new Warframe she-rhino, has an additional weapon.. Which from the context that they spoke made it seem like it's not an exaulted weapon so it simply exhibits as a 4 weapon. 

I feel that if this is true..  It's a great decision, but will other Warframes get similar treatment? Exaulted weapons do offer additional buffs or extreme power so they likely will remain an energy consuming ability. 

I'm excited to learn more! 

The only down side, she was 'tech' themed. Where does Vaubon sit? 

It's an Archgun. There is also an Archmelee that is visually styled after her(basically an ArchGlaive).

Honestly Railjack is the most ambitious thing coming, especially if they want to also have it debut everywhere.  But the big things are just a few:

New War

Railjack

Planes of Duviri

Wolf of Saturn is just weekly alerts/challenges plus a comic tie-in story. They can do that.  Jupiter Rework is well on its way it seems so that’s probably already in the can. New War is probably going to be small like Sacrifice if they plan to get it out before Tennocon.  That leaves Railjack/Empyrean and Planes of Duviri, which I could see debuting November/December rather than Fall.

They can get through most of the big things by summer.  The question is whether Railjack and then Planes of Duviri get delayed.

• Like 2

I'm going to laugh when folks get upset that Tennocon has no super crazy reveal, when folks see that content is well spread but nothing is sizeable/large in scope or as Steve put it as "Tent Post" ie: a large foundation.

Yo break it down into barebones.

We have:

- Melee revamp being slowly rolled out.

- Gas City Tileset Remake (which a new mode aka: "Mission Type" tackd on) we all know how much folks love new modes.

- New Faction & thus 1 new Tileset (so set of rooms/hallways)

- Railjack (already announced)

- Alerts & Challenge Modes revamp. Which is essentially them being revamped into Daily, Weekly, & maybe Monthly sets/packs instead of hourly. (I expect backlash on this to be honest)

- Cinematic Quest (Nothing new here. Expansion of Lore.)

So very little is actually "new". A lot is really QoL refinement of already present systems.

But the playerbase has asked for ALL of this.

Playerbase also asked for DE to stop making large content drops.

But once folks start getting the piecemeal drops I expect the consensus to flip. Once Tennocon reveals nothing game changing/earth shattering I expect folks to flip out.

And no. I'm not being negative. But a lot of that roadmap spelled out to me:

- DE is listening.

- DE plans to address the feedback.

- DE is avoiding saying: "Becareful what you ask for."

- Content will drop more frequently. But it'll be so short lived or immediately go ignored as it's a rework of existing content.

(Example: Primary, & Secondaries go reworked. But for those who are Intermediate/Veterans. The rework went 95% ignored because we aren't using the bulk of the weapons. Thebgame NEEDED the rework, so it wasn't a waste in dev time. But for most players the change was not noticed. Just like the Earth 2.0 tileset rework. Looked pretty. But for many players it changed nothing.)

I feel many will be disappointed as we won't see any "Prologues" this year. It'll be the New War & only The New War.

Steve said they plan to do away with the distraction projects afterall.

So I expect 2019 to be as good as 2018 was just mirrored with how content is delivered.

Man. I can't wait for Warframes to be renamed though. Javelines is so much more fitting. 😄

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

1 hour ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

Too bad nobody ever mentioned a fundamental thing that needs improved and by improved i mean totally redone :

AI's for enemies, specters & companions....

True that. I hope this comes up in their inner discussion about difficulty. If they can tie challenge to enemy AI and tactical maneuvering as opposed to raw numbers I'd be satisfied.

To me it looked like this when steve asked the community what they want(this is the 3d time, first were the feedback fourms and 2n his twiter post): 

"ok community, what do you want to see in 2019 ~writes it down and glossed over~, now here is what gonna come". And thats it...

This Dev stream felt like a presentation just to hype us and make us forget all the other issues.Nothing bad there but it screams ambition, same ambition that still forcing melee 3.0 back for 8 months now.

No conclusive answer if Kingpin system is even alive.

No info about wukong rework and the status of his rework and Delux.

No info which next frames are the new to be reworked, be their kit/sound/PBR...Just more new warframes yay,ugh.

No ETA for melee 3.0 part 1.

And probably many more.

Not sure about it because they does not tend to make sheldues and they are famous to not finish the deadline in time. 

Those ideas on paper sounds good but I am missing some what was announced before and they does not said they will work on these ideas or just plainly scrapped. I mean mostly the Kingpin because I was hyped for that one.

12 hours ago, stormy505 said:

Only thing I'm worried about is how much back lash is going to happen when they evidently don't get everything done in the list.  it's the whole reason why I'm against companies that struggle with deadlines to make roadmaps, since it just causes rage from the community.

Frankly in this day and age i'm all for developers to have radio silence with it's community. Gamer's sense of entitlement have sky rocketed in the past decade.

For those wanting better ai, we'd have to have sky.net levels of AI for it to be of any use.

2 minutes ago, LupisV0lk said:

Frankly in this day and age i'm all for developers to have radio silence with it's community. Gamer's sense of entitlement have sky rocketed in the past decade.

For those wanting better ai, we'd have to have sky.net levels of AI for it to be of any use.

I'm alright if it's a company that is solid about making the deadline without rushing a project. But de has straight up cancelled projects because they bit off more then they can chew. I'll be impressed if they make half the stuff on that list, and still make it quality content.

Just now, stormy505 said:

I'm alright if it's a company that is solid about making the deadline without rushing a project. But de has straight up cancelled projects because they bit off more then they can chew. I'll be impressed if they make half the stuff on that list, and still make it quality content.

They've got a unenviable position. They can't spend time fixing what they have now because of the ever creeping "CoNtEnT DrOuGhT" ghost. Which is made worse when parts of the community go and act disingenuous and start hand waving away parts of the game to suit their agenda's narrative.

• Like 1