Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Planes of Duviri Speculation

Brachion

5swawi6gg8b21.png

So, a couple things to note here: first of all, this person clearly looks like an Orokin. The elongated right arm, the blue face, the overall aesthetic... it's all very Orokin. However, I don't think that this person actually is Orokin, but rather someone trying to emulate them. Their skin is brown (as seen on their hand and shins), rather than blue, meaning that the "face" is in fact some sort of mask. Their elongated arm is robotic, rather than organic like Ballas'. Finally, they're not gold; rather, the color of their clothing reminds me of iron pyrite, AKA "fool's gold," a mineral that's often mistaken for gold. Perhaps the new faction consists of people who are emulating the Orokin or possibly trying to rebuild their empire.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Brachion said:

So, a couple things to note here: first of all, this person clearly looks like an Orokin. The elongated right arm, the blue face, the overall aesthetic... it's all very Orokin. However, I don't think that this person actually is Orokin, but rather someone trying to emulate them.

Or it's the other way around--if these aren't Orokin, then Ballas may have reengineered himself in the image of these beings.

• Like 2

4 минуты назад, GinKenshin сказал:

You have a missed a key detail my friend....

Показать контент

the d*ck on his belly plate 

Think it is important? There is similar one on the sign in the transition zone between Planes and Cetus and on the lift door in Fortuna. Hmmm.

4 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

The duumviri (Latin for "two men"), originally duoviri and also known in English as the duumvirs, were any of various joint magistrates of ancient Rome. Such pairs of magistrates were appointed at various periods of Roman history both in Rome itself and in the colonies and municipia.[1]

That may imply that, because we've only ever seen the Orokin Ballas, who was of Executor rank, maybe these 'joint magistrates' are in fact the Orokin Executors? They fit the appearance of another Executor and we haven't seen any other Orokin so maybe those look different (I'm not sure if there's any distinction in general appearance in the Orokin). The person behind looks like a Dax with their eye covering helmets like Teshin's. Maybe we'll be fighting what's left of the Orokin Executors and their army of Dax slaves.

• Like 1

7 минут назад, Sitchrea сказал:

Seems to me as a symbol of Orokin Towers.

Looks like it. Hmmm. And the throne itself have this half-organic Unum tower look. Smooth surface outside, bone marrow inside. Hmmmm. But Unum was referred to as the last leaving Orokin tower, IIRC?

Now I am getting serious “Orokin imposter”/Immortan Joe/pharaoh vibes from the art. In a sense of pretending, copying, scavenging, claiming to be a god...

Edited by rand0mname
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

That may imply that, because we've only ever seen the Orokin Ballas, who was of Executor rank, maybe these 'joint magistrates' are in fact the Orokin Executors? They fit the appearance of another Executor and we haven't seen any other Orokin so maybe those look different (I'm not sure if there's any distinction in general appearance in the Orokin). The person behind looks like a Dax with their eye covering helmets like Teshin's. Maybe we'll be fighting what's left of the Orokin Executors and their army of Dax slaves.

I find this hard to believe, given the Tenno were supposed to have killed all high-ranking Orokin during the Collapse. Ballas was the only one to have survived because he made it happen. If any Orokin (besides the Twin Queens) made it out alive, I seriously have to wonder why the Empire didn't just keep going after a while. 

If the Tenno cut off the head, they cut off the head for good.

3 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

I find this hard to believe, given the Tenno were supposed to have killed all high-ranking Orokin during the Collapse. Ballas was the only one to have survived because he made it happen. If any Orokin (besides the Twin Queens) made it out alive, I seriously have to wonder why the Empire didn't just keep going after a while. 

High ranking but not all. It might be descendants of the groups in the Orokin hierarchy that we have not been fully introduced to. It might also be a group of Dax like individuals who have formed their own Orokin esc society?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

Actually yeah now that I looked closely a bit more I see that it's probably not actual Orokin. However the minion at the back is still quite evocative of Dax armour, maybe these imposter Orokin have found a way to control Dax soldiers and use them to rebuild a fake Orokin empire.

Just now, iLightning13 said:

Actually yeah now that I looked closely a bit more I see that it's probably not actual Orokin. However the minion at the back is still quite evocative of Dax armour, maybe these imposter Orokin have found a way to control Dax soldiers and use them to rebuild a fake Orokin empire.

Dax soldiers have mushroom-shaped helmets. This is not a Dax soldier, this is something new.

Tbh they bear a strong resemblance to the Cultists from Endless Legend.

1 hour ago, rand0mname said:

Looks like it. Hmmm. And the throne itself have this half-organic Unum tower look. Smooth surface outside, bone marrow inside. Hmmmm. But Unum was referred to as the last leaving Orokin tower, IIRC?

Now I am getting serious “Orokin imposter”/Immortan Joe/pharaoh vibes from the art. In a sense of pretending, copying, scavenging, claiming to be a god...

Unum is the last living tower but there are dead towers all around. Maybe these imposters could be the inhabitants of the dead towers?

Edited by stormy505
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sitchrea said:

We were also supposed to have killed the seven executors. Ballas survived presumably due to Hunhow and Natah's scheming but if he survived, it proves it is possible. I imagine it was achieved by having Ballas die with the rest, but keep a Yuvan off to the side for a quick Continuity resuscitation, whilst having the rest of the Yuvan get killed to leave the rest of the Executors dead as dodos. And, from there, it's possible a few of the survivors got revived via missed Yuvan.

That aside, it's canon that we didn't get all of them - we pretty much ignored any who weren't at the ceremony (which, admittedly, was probably most of them.) as we see in the Simaris lore imprints.

It's possible some of the survivors banded together and used robot bodies to get around Continuity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Maybe we're looking at racial variation of the Orokin from another part of their empire, much like how you would have difference in it's citizens if it extended from Rome to China...

This is a possibility. Perhaps Ballas looked the way he did because of the relative wealth of the planet he managed, while other, less wealthy/connected Orokin higher-ups had to do with robotic replacements. It is mentioned during Perintol's trial that some of the planets weren't doing so well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kerberos-3 said:

This is a possibility. Perhaps Ballas looked the way he did because of the relative wealth of the planet he managed, while other, less wealthy/connected Orokin higher-ups had to do with robotic replacements. It is mentioned during Perintol's trial that some of the planets weren't doing so well.

Okay, okay...What the $&@“ is up with the long arm...Orokin were supposed to be symmetrically arrogant specimens of power and beauty.  Clearly it’s a physically  symbolic reference to how corruption has warped them...Does it serve a function?

We need lore to tie it together.

i dunno who these freaky blue faced people are but in my mind, anyone trying to pick up where the Orokin left off needs to be exterminated. they'd only end up repeating the same mistakes, typically along the lines of creating things that they cannot control. too risky to let another bunch of lunatics try to run the entire solar system again.

chances are we'll have to help them instead.. hope that at least they'll give us some nice gear to play with.

There's another detail: 

remember the war within?

"a yuvan theatre, long abandoned. In ages past, I would have stood guard as the young and exotic were paraded through the mountain pass and marched by the viewing pane. They'd barter here, the orokin, withering and coughing as they prepare for their continuity."

They are probably one exotic race that ballas last used his continuity on.

Edited by Grizzlybo
  • Like 4