Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframes from Devstream 122: "Hildrenn" and "Wisp" Feedback and Discussion

___Operator___

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

Maybe Hildryn can get a Sentient overshield like the Orb Mother for a brief time, letting g her regen and spend her shields on her other abilities without taking damage.

Iron Skin type of ability. Can definitely see that.

Hildrenn looks great. I am fascinated by this body type personally and the concept of shields as energy.

On the boob size topic, i think most people are mixing up bodybuilders who have silicone implants to the conversation. Breasts are individual, a woman could already have a small chest before starting weight lifting. When going for fitness competition they need to lower the fat percentage to get the muscle definition clearer for the judges to see, this will remove fat everywhere, including breasts which in return decrease in size. Most bodybuilders know judges want to see boobs, so they go under the knife and buy surgery for implants.

Hildrenns physique looks more like powerlifters. So she would not be going for those fitness competitions. She would not be worried about her looks other than when looking in a mirror. All she thinks about is the next personal record on lifting weights.

We did not get to see abilities yet. Hoping i can put out some aoe damage with her and tank like a rhino.

• Like 4

shield mechanics will be the same as inaros / garuda health mechanics (conversion for dps output) so nothing new here only the same copy pasta regurgitating mechanics that is so old now no surprise here.

after all that has been exhausted what will they turn to next? maybe a swap of gender for all frames male/female versions that's now here<> female Limbo or Chroma anyone?:tired:

Well interesting thats females the Cycle is broken again. Might as well have female frames period. Since Female frames are better than male frames and Are Making male frames Null. 

Two female frames couldn’t make better timing. With The gillete commercial Toxic masculinity..... feeding to much into it? Whats Baruuk? Pacifist  no agression no umph. But hildrenn will make up for it. 

Im fine with it , the obivious is male frames are trash. we just might as well have female frames  

Your OP made me laugh because it reminded me when Pandaren came out for World of Warcraft. People were complaining about their boobs, too. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Nzza_News said:

Well interesting thats females the Cycle is broken again. Might as well have female frames period. Since Female frames are better than male frames and Are Making male frames Null. 

Two female frames couldn’t make better timing. With The gillete commercial Toxic masculinity..... feeding to much into it? Whats Baruuk? Pacifist  no agression no umph. But hildrenn will make up for it. 

Im fine with it , the obivious is male frames are trash. we just might as well have female frames  

This post also made me laugh. Ha! 

Looking forward to learning more about them so that I can form a better opinion over more than just how they look. Shield gameplay sounds fun and makes me wonder if she'll have any nice synergies with frames like Mag or Harrow. We'll see!

Edited by SkyCakeLight
To sound less condescending

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Nzza_News said:

You are aware we currently have disproportionately more male than female frames right now correct? 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Nzza_News said:

Sorry you came to that bleak and rather extreme conclusion. They broke up the pattern, they introduced Rhino's female counterpart, but I don't think that means DE hates masculinity. I'm almost certain that DE isn't politically motivated, and are just looking for new ideas and inspiration in order to add something different that is not currently offered with their ever expanding roster of frames.  

But if we really want to dig into this and evaluate any kind of "perceived" message about gender roles then let me offer you a counter one: you belong and are strong despite whatever form you take. Baruuk, a pacifist monk, isn't less masculine or less of a man than Rhino just because he isn't exploding with muscles and exuding raw violent power. Hildrenn isn't less of a woman, just because she has small boobs and a large figure. Titania isn't less powerful just because she is more feminine than Hildrenn.

I hope you can one day not have such a pessimistic view, especially in a video game.

Edited by IntheCoconut

1 hour ago, DanteYoda said:

Well i hope their mechanics are great because they (Hildren and Wisp) look rather bad, by bad i mean don't look very female at all.

generic pretty is what you mean, but sure. i think they look fantastic, and am beyond ready to wreck the solar system with em!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Dont worry Limbo does everything required like Dollar Shave Club.

Shhh later DE will nerf Limbo again. I will cri if that happens.

the idea of not using energy for her abilities and instead using only sheilds seems like fun, i may need to go into the concepts page and see if i can bring back my Dullahan frame idea.

hmm not finding my post for the frame concept, it was made a few months ago so i may have do more digging, unless ther is a way to look up all my posts.NVM found the post it is archived now so i can't revive it will add the link for it though since it is also kind of a tanky support frame with a unique way of using abilities. really hope at one point they start adding our frame concepts to the game but this frame they are coming out with does seem intresting, hopfully the grind for her is not so heavy.

Edited by Daskrieg

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 7:32 PM, iLightning13 said:

Hildrenn is jacked to f**k. She isn't fat. She's at the "pinnacle of physique". It looks like more of the same to me, which is great. Warframes are supposed to be brick sh*thouses of power and making one that isn't would be just stupid. Even the small ones like Nezha are still large in comparison to our boperators and enemies and strike an imposing figure when using their powers.

You can't tell me Titania fits the description of "pinnacle of physique." That's underweight with no muscle mass whatsoever. You can argue that it's for thematic reasons. Well so would having an overweight frame if themed as a sumo. Or a Bakugan.

Edited by Revenant0713

On ‎2019‎-‎01‎-‎19 at 7:11 PM, FlusteredFerret said:

Exactly - because "fat or disproportionately large" people are exactly what is required for space ninjas with superpowers. :facepalm:

How many obese people do you see in the military? Because thats what we're talking about here...people trained (or in WF's case - genetically altered) to be the ultimate fighting machines.

So I most definitely say "screw that SJW crap". 

If thats what you want to see in a video game, try pitching an idea to a developer where fat or oddly-shaped people are exactly what is required.

As far as I'm concerned video games are a form of escape, where perfection is possible and I can do / be all sorts of things.

I can see normal people IRL every day. Why would I want to see them in a video game?

Why do people make this look like an SJW issue? Do I actually have to be an SJW to like Hariyama in Pokémon 3rd gen for example? Or DS's Executioner Smough? Or Sion in League of Legends. For the record the replies to my post were the ones who brought the SJW connection up. All I said was I'd like the theme of an overweight frame. And that's because I do. This despite the fact I'm dead center BMI irl.

My suggestion back then was never about representation of normal people or whatnot. It was never about politics because God knows I don't want agendas as the motivators for any media I consume. And believe it or not until people started reacting to my original post in 2016 I didn't know what SJW was because I don't use the Internet outside of games I play (and contact with my friends). That's how little attention I pay to socio-political agendas. What my suggestion was about was coming up with a theme that strayed from the cookie cutter frames we have.

Edited by Revenant0713

4 hours ago, Revenant0713 said:

Why do people make this look like an SJW issue?

To some people it might seem like you're asking for diversity purely for the same of diversity. A white man and a black woman sign up for the same job, the black woman gets it because she's black and a woman. That's diversity for the sake of diversity, where instead of completely factoring out things like gender and ethnicity, they can become the deciding factor.

In this case, it sounds like if DE had two options, a "cookie cutter" frame or an overweight frame, you'd want DE to make the latter without regard to the themes they have in mind or the abilities they might have planned, just because the body shape of the frame is that important to you rather than the actual quality of the product they'd make.

I'm not saying you're actually like that or anything, just what people might see it as. Personally I don't really care either way. I semi-jokingly ask for a loli frame and I would buy it for the memes if it happened. This isn't a single open job position or anything, it's a game with dozens of frames already where new frames are still being made somewhat often. If DE had an idea for another "cookie cutter" frame and an overweight frame, great, do them both.

2 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

To some people it might seem like you're asking for diversity purely for the same of diversity. A white man and a black woman sign up for the same job, the black woman gets it because she's black and a woman. That's diversity for the sake of diversity, where instead of completely factoring out things like gender and ethnicity, they can become the deciding factor.

In this case, it sounds like if DE had two options, a "cookie cutter" frame or an overweight frame, you'd want DE to make the latter without regard to the themes they have in mind or the abilities they might have planned, just because the body shape of the frame is that important to you rather than the actual quality of the product they'd make.

I'm not saying you're actually like that or anything, just what people might see it as. Personally I don't really care either way. I semi-jokingly ask for a loli frame and I would buy it for the memes if it happened. This isn't a single open job position or anything, it's a game with dozens of frames already where new frames are still being made somewhat often. If DE had an idea for another "cookie cutter" frame and an overweight frame, great, do them both.

Maybe DE could come up with a Sumo frame, with a belly-bounce ability that scatters enemies like skittles? Maybe also a crush ability, if jumping from a height? Possibly a stomp ability (though Rhino already has this).

Also think Japanese themes have already been well-used up to this point.

Just a thought anyway...

But yes - my objections generally stem from having seen too much "diversity for diversity's sake" IRL. Plus my long-held belief that video games are meant to be a form of escapism, so why would you try to reflect real life?

Edited by FlusteredFerret

2 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Plus my long-held belief that video games are meant to be a form of escapism, so why would you try to reflect real life?

This makes it sound like escapism can't have anything to do with real life. Putting a character that looks like yourself into a game is still escapism because it's a whole new world and you can pretend that you're in it and experiencing it in place of some other character. Heck, roleplay where you're in a city with a job and you play make-believe living a real life is still escapism, because it's not reflecting your life. Reflecting real life is fine because escapism is about getting away from one specific life, your own, and not life in general.

• Like 1

cant say im excited either way, i havent liked any of the new frames for a long time, their skills feels pretty boring, confusing or much too situational for such as fast paced game.  Most of the older frames have actual skills that are useful whereas the newer ones have either copycat abilities or just have abilitys that are of limited use, or even worse require combo's which isnt worth much when you spend most of your time blasting accross maps at lightspeed.