Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframes from Devstream 122: "Hildrenn" and "Wisp" Feedback and Discussion

___Operator___

Lotta the female WFs have the same body type and it's boring. Hildrenn is the first Female WF reveal I've actually found interesting in a long time.

I want my murder vessels to look strong/athletic. ;o

1 hour ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

What we really need is a disproportionately small frame.

Smolt would fill that role perfectly as a Volt Deluxe skin.

Spoiler

DvSd07iWkAAbvmW.jpg

Edited by Wolfdoggie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, torint_man said:

This is what I presume to be the topic you are talking about: 

What you suggested here is an actually fat frame, not a female rhino. A rotund, pudgy obese frame, not a bodybuilder. Stop pretending that you suggested a body type anywhere near along the lines of Hildrenn. Hildrenn's body is at peak physical performance, your suggestion was the literal opposite.

You know when a person fails to articulate what he intends to articulate, the fault is on that person. aka... me. However, intended message remains the same regardless of interpretation by those who receive the message.

And my suggestion I failed to articulate is that I wanted something that looked different for a change. And Hildrenn does look different.

Edit: Although to suggest that sumos are not physically adept is wrong. There is a ton of muscle mass underneath their fat.

Edited by Revenant0713

2 hours ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

Sooooooo does anyone think this means they may do something to give shields more durability? I'm not talking about gating because I think they said that wasn't happening, but something else. I mean as it is now the only way I can see this working is if the frame is really all armor and health and shields are really nothing more than her energy pool. I think this would be lame

If they want this to be even slightly practical, then they need to look at the effects of Impact procs. They are incredibly pointless for us, but nearly every enemy in game can apply them, which strips us of our shields in an instant.

48 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

It’s going to be hard to cast in high level content. 1 hit of damage and your basically out of mana untill you run and hide for a bit.

^^This would be the issue with using Shields as Energy. Frames like Mesa, Gara, Nezha, and Baruuk can use Shields reliably because of how Flat DR works on Shields at high level. With Frames like Garuda, Harrow, and Mag, it would take 1 or 3 heavy hits and their Shields are gone which makes Mods like Redirection bad on them (Harrow and Mag can gain overshields but Shield’s Survivability don’t scale.) so if DE leaves how Shields are and not add something to protect them, then she already lost.

Zarya wasn't the first character like this and this type of character is only going to become more popular. Also Blizzard doesn't own the rights to said design.

Also you can go and draw parallels between other frames and characters from other games/media to the point of calling them "ripoffs" already. But just having similar designs or influences doesn't mean they're ripoffs.

• Like 1

Overwatch is a MOBA now? >.> 

But ehh, Warframe did it better. Hilds a more realistic murder machine and that game's just a PG cartoon. 😄 but as mentioned by others it's a concept that's been around for a long time. Most people just recall the Futurama Death By Snoo Snoo episode before Overwatch. Or Bisky in Hunter X Hunter. 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20130602200017

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vennikyo said:

Whooooosh. Completely missed the point.

Did you watch the devstream?

Did you hear what was said at all?

Shield based, no energy, buff warframe with biggest gun possible that is mainly a support with "some" offensive capabilities.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably IS a duck.

Who freaking cares

2 hours ago, Firetempest said:

The brawn hilda trope has been around for a long time. It's better than the anime little girl giant gun meme imo.

I somehow have to disagree when I see this, but again, that is my opinion as well.

38 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

Reminds me of that chick from Agents of Mayhem... But uglier...

Agents-of-Mayhem-Daisy.jpg

Ya know, something along the lines you are presenting would still be better.

51 minutes ago, DanteYoda said:

She looks bad... Over muscled "females" are not attractive, even large women are more attractive, Honestly i hope she plays well and tennogen to the rescue imo..

I guess DE just had to pull the Russian Muscle Woman and Big Chungus tropes into one.

I like that OP's thread now has a few examples of other characters with similar designs and they're still trying with that update to their post. Was nice knowing you OP.

Might I also add Pvt. Vasquez from the ALIENS movie with her big ass gun and muscles.

Edited by AcidicGoddess

4 hours ago, Vennikyo said:

To be clear I don't play or care for Overwatch in the slightest.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably IS a duck.

I'm not into that kind of explanation... isn't it easier to just assume it as 'Bird'? Because FPS and TPS have interesting similarities that they're both have shooting and yet they're difference genre.

It was like when DOOM was popular and every games using the same style as DOOM automatically called 'DOOM Clone'... But I don't think most of the game being called 'DOOM' other then 'DOOM'... Yes, they're copy. yes, they using the same style... But they're still difference game.

PS. If they didn't place 'Zarya' or everything 'Zarya' has into Warframe... I wouldn't call it copy... Oh, wait...

1 hour ago, DanteYoda said:

She looks bad... Over muscled "females" are not attractive, even large women are more attractive, Honestly i hope she plays well and tennogen to the rescue imo..

Why is it of note that a humanoid pile of constructed flesh and metal is "attractive"?

Not the lack of eyes, or any real face, the body type isn't attractive.

• Like 4

beefy woman with a beefy weapon isn't some fresh and original idea overwatch invented, you can go through a dozen different mediums and run into variations of it, and with the recent change of aw weapons into heavy weapons it is hardly even shocking this is one of the next frames they'd come out with. gotta take advantage of that new systems hype and what not. 

likewise there is nothing unusual about this kind of design lending itself to a tanking role, tanky woman = tanky role, also nothing new. Saying this frame is a Zarya rip for being just the norm for a muscular woman in gaming is a rather extreme jump, especially since we have no idea how she's actually going to function yet. If we get her kit and it has a black hole ult, a team cast barrier, and feeds off damage to her shields, then you can cry foul I guess, but until then there is like close to nothing here that stands out as a particularly targeted rip off. 

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CoolDudeMcCool said:

What we really need is a disproportionately small frame. I'll give all of my money for a loli frame, DE.

Not sorry to say but the way frames are done requires them all to be more or less the same height, so at most you can just get a hyper thin paper frame but that's it.