Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Most Frustrating Thing I've experienced in Warframe

LoneWolveYoutube

My last few attempts at a 100+ wave axi defense have left me so unbelievably frustrated.  It takes me like 20 minutes to set one of these up, so it's really frustrating when it doesn't work out.

I don't care if we fail because someone is just bad or whatever; that's fine.  What makes me so mad is when people randomly decide to extract and say they're just bored or something.  I tell everyone beforehand that this is going to take like 2-3 hours and they're like yeah sure I'll do it, then they just leave without saying anything.  They waste an hour of my time, and there's nothing i can do about it.  I looked through all the report options, and there's nothing I can report them for even though they just did me dirty.  One of the guys that did it even blocked me, so I couldn't message them.

What am I supposed to do about this?

• Like 2

i'm so sorry people decide to leave the mission early. 

on a serious note. 100+ waves isn't really necessary. also why not do it solo?

if u got near 100 waves in an hour im impressed lol.

they didn't really do you dirty. nobody is obligated to stay in the mission.

if this is a fissure they might not actually have that many relics. 

i've been playing for just over 2 years and if it wasn't for the unvault i would only have like 50 axi relics at most.

i chew through my axi way faster  then i earn them

Edit. even in a premade squad. life can happen. especially with that many waves. More then 2 cycles of Rot C for me and im done with it. i would much rather do an other mission and go back later because i personally need some variety when im playing. cus sitting in one mission turns me into a vegetable after a certain point.

Edited by Makunogo
  • Like 3

It’s a public mission, people in the squad can leave when ever they really desire to which is why it’s not reportable since they aren’t doing anything wrong. If you want a squad to do a certain mission for a long period of time then I suggest you to use recruiting chat for that instead.

Er... Nothing?
Find friends who are sharing the same ideology as you?

I mean, it's cool that you thought of using the recruitment chat, but their answer at the moment is spontaneous, probably won't be the same after they've been grinding just for hours worth of time. ( We're all human after all )

It's just boring.
There's no point as a random stranger on the recruitment chat to help you complete your personal goal.
in all technicality, they're just strangers that felt hyped for a bit and thought it was gonna be a good idea, until they realized 100+ waves on a defence is just boring.

I used to do the same back in the void time.
People would try to be over-efficient with keys and stay for hours.
It seems like a fun idea at first but then you just get annoyed and you see no point in giving out extra efforts with 0 pay-off so you just leave.
I owe these strangers nothing and they, just the same, don't owe me anything.

Friends who share the same goals however are different, so I suggest looking for that unless you wanna spend the next year recruiting in frustration.

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX
  • Like 5

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

It’s a public mission, people in the squad can leave when ever they really desire to which is why it’s not reportable since they aren’t doing anything wrong. If you want a squad to do a certain mission for a long period of time then I suggest you to use recruiting chat for that instead.

I did use recruiting chat.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

i'm so sorry people decide to leave the mission early. 

on a serious note. 100+ waves isn't really necessary. also why not do it solo?

if u got near 100 waves in an hour im impressed lol.

if this is a fissure they might not actually have that many relics. 

i've been playing for just over 2 years and if it wasn't for the unvault i would only have like 50 axi relics at most.

i chew through my axi way faster  then i earn them

Edit. even in a premade squad. life can happen. especially with that many waves. More then 2 cycles of Rot C for me and im done with it. i would much rather do an other mission and go back later because i personally need some variety when im playing. cus sitting in one mission turns me into a vegetable after a certain point.

I get that they don't have to stay, but imagine if you were doing a radshare for something and for whatever reason it took 2 hours to open, and when you're 1 hour in someone decides to leave.  I tell everyone that we're going to be here for a long time, and they just don't care about my warning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoneWolveMD said:

I get that they don't have to stay, but imagine if you were doing a radshare for something and for whatever reason it took 2 hours to open, and when you're 1 hour in someone decides to leave.  I tell everyone that we're going to be here for a long time, and they just don't care about my warning.

to be honest. you cannot control other people, and even if they do agree. they are still allowed to change their mind at any time. there is nothing one can do about it. 

also 2 hours to open what? nothing takes that long. for the most part staying in missions for longer then 30 minutes is completly not necessary besides arbitrations if you are milking a good mission.

Edited by Makunogo
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, LoneWolveMD said:

Downside to people, they change their minds. 

I'd suggest looking into recruiting ither endurance players and running with them exclusively.  There used to be a clan and a discord dedicated to that but I honestly don't remember their names. 

I love the irony of this.

Normal thread: "Players don't do what I want them to do."

That's your fault for not using recruitment chat.

This thread: "Players from recruitment chat don't do what I want them to do".

That's your fault for not finding the right friends.

Ahhh, I love these forums, can we go deeper?

• Like 7

and people wonder why I play solo most of the time, its because of pubs and recruiting just being glorified pubs.. I find it extremely funny that these pubs and glorified pub runners will have builds to destroy level 200 enemies but bail at wave 10 because its becoming difficult. 😐

Edited by Sibernetika
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Makunogo said:

if you say you will stay for 100+ waves then you are kinda obligated to do it. Or at least have decency to not join a team that wants to do it?

Wtf logic here mate?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, deothor said:

if you say you will stay for 100+ waves then you are kinda obligated to do it. Or at least have decency to not join a team that wants to do it?

Wtf logic here mate?

no you actually aren't. you can only control yourself. if someone decides to leave for any reason you can't stop them. you can choose to be a $&*^ about it or not.

yall need to grow up. 

if things always went according to plan things would be alot different. gotta adapt.

and honestly 100 waves is redundant. there is 0 incentive to stay that long so when the boredom kicks in you can sure bet people will go early, often people do decide to jump ship early in "endless" missions anyway. this isn't a new thing

also life happens.

Edited by Makunogo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

there is 0 incentive to stay

The incentive is giving your word that you'll stay. That should be enough. If you join someone in recruiting chat, barring actual real life stuff you should stay if you said you'd stay. Or at least communicate that you're bored and want to leave, and let people react to that. But the incentive here is giving your word. This isn't pubs where anything goes, someone explicitly said they want to go to a hundred waves and someone else responded because they wanted in for some reason. Leaving after that is outright going against what you said you'd do.

The game doesn't provide any incentive to go for a hundred waves, I agree. That's what you consider before joining the group that says they want to go for a hundred waves. Once you join them and say you want to go that long, it's too late to back out because "There's no reason to stay that long." That should be your first concern, not what suddenly makes you quit halfway through.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

First they tell you go solo, then use recruit chat, and then only with friends.. and then again go solo.. wtf. 

Can't do much when those are the only potions, aside from DE going full 1984 and having it's entire player base held at literal gun point.

Edited by LupisV0lk
  • Like 1

My most was in 2015 when I played a long run with friends and we collected a lot of nice goldy mods and suddenly my pc turned off and lost all my progress. We did a 1 and a half hour long run and a lot of xp, items, rescources lost in seconds. That was so sad.

So I can see your loss.

Edited by GreeneLanterne
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

The real strat is to play on four PCs at once.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HugintheCrow said:

Threads like this really just make me more interested in leaving early, tbh. It's funny when people have a meltdown due to something so inconsequential.

"Oh no, I got 50 Vitalities and Redirections instead of 100."

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, the only thing you gain out of going for a hundred waves is whatever personal feelings you have so not much is lost.

But it's still someone going out of their way to join a group that explicitly says they want to go that long and then leaving for whatever reason. It's not a big deal, but it's still kind annoying for them to do.

• Like 1

If it was a Defense mission then they got to solo extract. This doesn't kill your missions in any capacity unless you were completely reliant on them.

If you were completely reliant on them then why were you desiring to go 100 waves. You obviously weren't ready for it if you are that reliant on others.

That said, Endurance runs like this can be a lose lose situation.

To ask folks to go 100 waves is honestly insane. Defense missions in particular get boring after 20 waves. Mind numbingly boring. Would you rather those squad mates fall asleep on you, get sloppy, start hiding, AFK for extended periods of time, purposely die, disconnect, you know...things players do once bordem sets in?

Last long defense I did. I saw folks running into walls, shooting at empty space, & etc.

They were straight up fatigued. No getting around it. I was relieved when they extracted.

Aside from that. I'm sorry that you had more endurance in you than your team. Typically in endurance runs there is always 1 person who is not ready to leave. (I consider them clinically insane.) And usually are mad, even if its hour 4 or 8.

How (why) some folks play for that long? I don't know. I'd be happy to be able to use the bathroom at that point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

If it was a Defense mission then they got to solo extract. This doesn't kill your missions in any capacity unless you were completely reliant on them.

If you were completely reliant on them then why were you desiring to go 100 waves. You obviously weren't ready for it if you are that reliant on others.

That said, Endurance runs like this can be a lose lose situation.

To ask folks to go 100 waves is honestly insane. Defense missions in particular get boring after 20 waves. Mind numbingly boring. Would you rather those squad mates fall asleep on you, get sloppy, start hiding, AFK for extended periods of time, purposely die, disconnect, you know...things players do once bordem sets in?

Last long defense I did. I saw folks running into walls, shooting at empty space, & etc.

They were straight up fatigued. No getting around it. I was relieved when they extracted.

Aside from that. I'm sorry that you had more endurance in you than your team. Typically in endurance runs there is always 1 person who is not ready to leave. (I consider them clinically insane.) And usually are mad, even if its hour 4 or 8.

How (why) some folks play for that long? I don't know. I'd be happy to be able to use the bathroom at that point.

These people said to themselves and the group they joined "I want to do this endurance run" and assuming OP said they were going to a hundred waves, everyone knows what they were getting into. Maybe going a hundred waves is boring, slow, crazy, and just plain stupid, but these people all agreed to it knowing exactly what they were getting into.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Perfect example of people being people.

To be honest those responses are pretty much on the nail. Unless you know people personally IRL, or at least have been in the same clan for a while and gamed with them for some time, you shouldn't really be surprised at anything they do. Especially if you're recruiting random strangers.

Have to say this game does seem to attract extreme polar opposites...the speed-runners that want everything done in a few minutes and the hardcore grinders who want to spend hours doing the same thing, over and over.

OTOH I play Armored Warfare and am in a battalion where the other players tend to be fairly reliable, insofar as if you agree on stuff beforehand, they will stick with you, unless something important crops up (and even then they'll let you know and apologise).

• Like 1