Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 and Atlas- Whats the trade-off for losing a 3x/4x multi from my damage?

DConagher

Melee 3.0 is on its way, and I want to be happy that it is. I play a LOT of melee, and not in the "traditional" way most people play it, with long reach, high attack-speed, blender cleavers of Slash. 

I've made a lot of use of my Atlas's statstick, the Kogake Prime. I don't mind the short reach it has, or the fact its impact- I can take advantage of its utility to not only buff up Atlas's Landslide, but have a decently powerful Quickmelee or "Consecutive normal punches" combo as needed, a specifically: Nullifiers, walking into the bubbles to just sock them in the jaw is quite refreshing.

And yet, with Melee 3.0 on the horizon, the only news or info I've gotten is giving me serious concern for my damage output in the future- Losing an entire multiplier of Landslides damage due to the changes to combo multi, while not getting a dime in recompense from say, the melee damage buff to weapons; Landslide gets "nothing" from the weapon you have equipped. Going from a 4x melee combo, 4x landslide combo, + even at a 5% chance, 2x crit multi (Giving landslide a x32 damage multi, up to maybe x80 or more if you ran a crit build)

Worst yet, he's probably not alone- Gara and Khora are likely to suffer as well, as are Wukong, Valkyr, Excal, and the newcomer Baruuk (Unless their respective "exalted weapons" get a damage boost that Gara, Khora, and Atlas are not privy to).

I heard once, somewhere, that DE had taken these changes into consideration, concerning our "not exalted" exalted frames- Is there any info to be had on the subject of what Melee 3.0 is actually going to do to these melee based frames? Because while Atlas hits incredibly hard early on and up into decently leveled content, anything armored north of 100 is going to laugh at his weakness if he gets nothing in exchange for the loss of a damage multi of this caliber.