Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr- Is 4 or 12 tornados best?

Slanto

Question

New to playing Zephyr and after reading some info on her build paths and what not I wanted to do a tornado build. However I'm confused as to if 4 or 12 tornados is best to use. As far as I know a tornado build consists of multiple enemies being in a small area together and you shoot the tornado once it's over the enemies because it causes an AOE damage effect alongside status stuff working too. To me 4 tornados seems like it would work better since it can actually group/pull enemies in for easy AOE damage, however this would also lessen the damage multiplier since their would only be max 4 tornados. So while it may be easier, 12 still sounds most effective.

3 answers to this question

You can see some videos like Shy's video to decide whether you want the augment or not. In summary: no augment for CC, augment for damage.

Note that you can "color" your tornado by doing some elemental damage to your tornados. Corrosive tornados strip armor really fast, blast stunlocks the enemies like crazy.

I prefer augment compared to no augment since the vanilla tornado throws the enemies up, making them harder for me to shoot. That's just my preference though.

Personally, I just use the vanilla 4 w/ corrosive/gas/toxin dependent on the faction I'm fighting. At lower levels this skips me fights, while at high levels it disables enemies from attacking while I apply firepower to high-priority enemies who are disabled for the ability's duration.

From the WIKI:

Zephyr and her allies can attack each tornado to distribute 100% total damage (including Critical Hits) and Status Effects from weapons and abilities to all enemies trapped within a tornado.

• Critical damage dealt to enemies over a Tornado is multiplied by 200%. This multiplier is not affected by mods and applied after any weapon mods.

Normal tornadoes are great for damage + CC while augment is more for Damage and status (corrosive V.S grineer armor working good , viral ,radiation, or even gas does a very good job on non heavy armored unit.)