Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 6.3 - "make Love, Not War(Frame)"

[DE]Rebecca

Disappointing :(

No new inventory with sorting and better overview.

No button to go back to whole universe screen when in squad.

No fixes for weapons like Gram or Dual Heat.

No stats overview for weapons when modded.

No change for the crappy alert system.

i could go on...

meh -.-

Do people even read the notes? It says fixes for Gram and Heatsword x2 but just cause it might not be the ones you wanted doesn´t mean it isn´t done.

Also the new extended maps are gorgeous. You did something to the lighting DE? They are bigger and more dynamic with the events popping in every now and then. It feels much more action like and exciting.

While on topic of this whole update and the complaints of above said user. This is not UPDATE 7 which has already been covered in the QA video which will focus on the UI changes such as back button when in squad, sorting mods etc.

Above all these changes in UPDATE 7, Im looking forward to actually get a character spreadsheet where I can see the individual frames stats. Vitality, Stamina, Per level gains in armor etc etc. It´s about time for such a RPG element to be added to the game as this is very much ARPG oriented.

About this Valentines Update: Well done DE, well done indeed. This was a much bigger update than I had expected. It is a huge showcasing of the level of commitment you have for this game and how much better the game can and will get. The dynamic of the events during a mission being mixed in is just great, it keeps the pacing exciting and it transitions smoothly also. Just did my first Lotus mission. The fact that you actually need the datamass to be carried to each terminal and causes squadbased teamplay is a great addition. The mapdesign to actually make wallrunning usefull is great, MORE OF THIS!. I will post an idea for a frame shortly which I have ideas for to be entirely Melee based and how this can be done using the weapon slots in other ways. I got some ideas for acrobatics also :D. But all in all a great update indeed.

Final notes on this.... Open Beta weekend is still a bad idea if you would ask me. There are far too many glitches in the game that need fixing. Allowing open beta at this point is in worst case gonna send the wrong message to the less commited community than you have here in closed beta.

Worst part is that it can cause bad publicity. Also someone should call up Cynical Brit and ask him to do a NEW "WTF is Warframe" cause the dude was clueless about what he said in his VOD. I personally find his information missguiding and offputting at best. For a person who is as popular as him on Youtube to make a first impressions video and say stuff like "something stoped my energy regen" when the game in fact doesn´t have that mechanic unless you have the ARTIFACT for it is just enraging. The dude didn´t even make the slightest effort to showcase Warframe as it is, what a clown.

Keep up the good work DE. Proud founder here!!!!!!

Send more meat!

More seriously, when countdown was showing about 1:30 Grineer stopped appearing (in Mobile defence). Apart from that I love this new mode and I hope that missions will get even more complicated. Maybe name is not very good - something like "capture and hold" would be better.

Edited by SabreUr

Also someone should call up Cynical Brit and ask him to do a NEW "WTF is Warframe" cause the dude was clueless about what he said in his VOD. I personally find his information missguiding and offputting at best. For a person who is as popular as him on Youtube to make a first impressions video and say stuff like "something stoped my energy regen" when the game in fact doesn´t have that mechanic unless you have the ARTIFACT for it is just enraging. The dude didn´t even make the slightest effort to showcase Warframe as it is, what a clown.

Yeah, before you start throwing insults, take a look at the forums and see question asked by newbies - same issues he had. He made first impression - what gamer will see when he start this game.

And by saying "energy regen" he probably meant shields - he says that when he gets shot - stopping shield regen.

he also said that he enjoyed game and ses potential in it - thing which he does not say often. But I can agree, that he should do new one, he hinted that he might. And it would be great if he would do it with devs.

Edited by SabreUr

Yeah, before you start throwing insults, take a look at the forums and see question asked by newbies - same issues he had. He made first impression - what gamer will see when he start this game.

And by saying "energy regen" he probably meant shields - he says that when he gets shot - stopping shield regen.

he also said that he enjoyed game and ses potential in it - thing which he does not say often. But I can agree, that he should do new one, he hinted that he might. And it would be great if he would do it with devs.

Im not throwing any insults around, Im just stating the obvious. He did reffer to his regen when he couldnt use abilities anymore. That was the first thing I noticed from the very moment I cast my first ability, and for CynicalBrit the avid gamer that he is to not do the same and not even edit the video after some more playthrough is wrong. Also doing a first impressions vid on his very first frame at Lv 6 without acually experiencing the game further than that and having no knowledge about the higher levels and how everything scales is a big no no. I could never make such a poor attempt at a first impressions video even if I tried. Also complaining that the game doesn´t scale well with solo play is just not true. You just have to be less gungho when you play solo. Also the game can not be played as easily with each frame as some people complain about. Personally I like the fact that some frames have advantages in group combat while others allow you to solo.

I enjoy alot of the things CB does but his credability is falling after watching his WTF is Warframe and DOTA2 videos where he makes a total fool of himself. I´d expect someone with a high follower count such as the one he has to be a bit more professional when doing his work.

Im not throwing any insults around, Im just stating the obvious. He did reffer to his regen when he couldnt use abilities anymore. That was the first thing I noticed from the very moment I cast my first ability, and for CynicalBrit the avid gamer that he is to not do the same and not even edit the video after some more playthrough is wrong. Also doing a first impressions vid on his very first frame at Lv 6 without acually experiencing the game further than that and having no knowledge about the higher levels and how everything scales is a big no no. I could never make such a poor attempt at a first impressions video even if I tried. Also complaining that the game doesn´t scale well with solo play is just not true. You just have to be less gungho when you play solo. Also the game can not be played as easily with each frame as some people complain about. Personally I like the fact that some frames have advantages in group combat while others allow you to solo.

I enjoy alot of the things CB does but his credability is falling after watching his WTF is Warframe and DOTA2 videos where he makes a total fool of himself. I´d expect someone with a high follower count such as the one he has to be a bit more professional when doing his work.

Here's a challenge for you: Find me the Post in this thread of DESteve where he told me that the Heat Swords and such were fixed but did not make it in the patchnotes and then quote it for me plz... because it seems someone could freely quote you: "Do people even read the whole Thread until posting? It's more than just the first and last 2 pages but just cause it might not be the easiest thing to read that much rather than writing very long posts themselfes which get only the reply "TL;DR" doesn´t mean it is the right way."

But ofc noone does that.

I think that we are derailing this thread and Rebecca will come any moment now and strike at us with furious anger, but anyway...

Maybe let's agree to disagree. IMHO when he did that video most of his points and concerns were 100% valid, some are even now. One mistake (if he really meant energy, not shields) does not make him bad "first impressionist". And his DOTA are even titled "super incompetent dissater" or smth like that :D

Edited by SabreUr

Here's a challenge for you: Find me the Post in this thread of DESteve where he told me that the Heat Swords and such were fixed but did not make it in the patchnotes and then quote it for me plz... because it seems someone could freely quote you: "Do people even read the whole Thread until posting? It's more than just the first and last 2 pages but just cause it might not be the easiest thing to read that much rather than writing very long posts themselfes which get only the reply "TL;DR" doesn´t mean it is the right way."

But ofc noone does that.

I have read the whole post and all the replies, I just didn´t take "timestamps" into consideration and that the post had been edited so that the information you were asking for wasn´t there when you read it. I´m not an &#! and I do apologize if this has caused you any harm. I will not edit my initial post to cover my behind either as that would be wrong also.

Does this suffice?

I have read the whole post and all the replies, I just didn´t take "timestamps" into consideration and that the post had been edited so that the information you were asking for wasn´t there when you read it. I´m not an &#! and I do apologize if this has caused you any harm. I will not edit my initial post to cover my behind either as that would be wrong also.

Does this suffice?

Yep, let's be friends... and get BACK TO TOPIC!

Update is awesome..yaddayadda! :D

I think that we are derailing this thread and Rebecca will come any moment now and strike at us with furious anger, but anyway...

Maybe let's agree to disagree. IMHO when he did that video most of his points and concerns were 100% valid, some are even now. One mistake (if he really meant energy, not shields) does not make him bad "first impressionist". And his DOTA are even titled "super incompetent dissater" or smth like that :D

Yep, let's be friends... and get BACK TO TOPIC!

Update is awesome..yaddayadda! :D

Yes indeed, back to topic.

Glad everyone is enjoying the update!

I noticed that the newly added "first" and "last" buttons don't really do much. The "next" button is bugged and seems to do what the "last" button should be doing.

Yep, the Previous and Next button doesn't cycle through your inventory anymore, it goes to the first and last page of your inventory.

Besides the clear fact that Dual Skana's charge damage is still bugged like DHS was (and will be addressed!), is the Dual Skana supposed to have 75 charge damage or 150? The in-game popups are notoriously unreliable.

Edited by Dalewyn

Either I've forgotten how to spec or chargers on Eris are really OP right now, taking off 100 shields per hit, getting chainstunned if there's more than one (there always is)

It's very unfun, burned 3 of my revives just trying to get out of a closet

edit: Also... where did my flashlight go

Navigating new areas in the dark is not fun (well it's actually pretty novel but come on man, at least give us a toggle for the flashlight)

http://i.imgur.com/8UqwngO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/83iW0tj.jpg

Edited by PlusEighteen

The Kraken is a nice little gun, i realy enjoy it. Somewhat similiar to my Lex, but different enough so i can keep using both. I also like what you did with the new Grineer rooms, forcing us to actually use the new wall running mechanics to get to specific places. So now wall running is actually part of the intended gameplay instead of a fun bonus. Well done.

There seem to be some problems with lightning in some of those rooms though, but i'll asume that'll get fixed soon.

Also my Gram is a lot less anoying now, thanks a lot.