Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 - Your most pessimistic predictions?

VanFanel1980mx

15 hours ago, maxedpotato said:

Melee 3.0 making some melee warframes even more redundant. Wukong and Valk in particular. They only exist as Warcry and defy bots.
Sure, it's nice to have stuns and melee based abilties. But why would i ever use Valk's hard hitting but short claws over, say, a long and hard hitting regular melee weapon?
99% of all enemies can't kill a fully modded valkyr anyway. So the invincibility doesn't really do her much good either. 
Valk and Wukong just feel like one trick ponies. The moment the one trick they have becomes irrelevant, then why should they even exist?

her claws are faster and do more damage than most melees do that and it has innate life steal

My worst case scenario; spamming one button (not meme strike, but basic / quick melee) isn't a viable option anymore. Why? Arthritis + trying ot execute a combo with different buttons or specific timing is a nightmare. I actually tried a fighting game recently and I couldn't even pass the tutorial for basic 3-4 button combos anymore 😄

• Like 1

On 2019-01-19 at 4:31 PM, CriticalFumble said:

They did answer that, though.  All stances are going to have the combos: hammer E, hammer E while holding block, and hammer E while holding any direction key.  Some stances are alleged to have different combonations of movement factors as well.  

They also said they were speeding up swapping between melee and guns, and that quick melee would instantly weapon swap you to melee, allowing combo usage with less commitment.  

I grant this could all go down the tubes, but thus far it sounds like a ease of use buff if nothing else.  They're also doing the changes by weapon class, so if they're too bad things can get changed before all the salt rusts DE's servers.  

Hammer E while holding a DIRECTION key, Such a fail. Any controller user will tell you that is broken as they dont need trash like 'align attack to cam' 'melee auto target' 'cam track melee target' because holding a DIRECTION lets you attack where ever you want while facing where you want to shoot. That isnt even a nerf its a solid way to break melee combos for controller users tho.

Melee 3.0 combo revision is yet again GREEN ORBS.......green orbs made me quit for years.

• Like 1

On 2019-01-19 at 3:02 PM, seprent said:
  1. it comes out people are excited for it and show it 
  2. the play it and do a 180 come here and spam threads whining that X isnt op any more
  3. something something rivens something something muh investment will ensue 
  4. im going to have a few more bingo cards filled out 
  5. DE will tweak it and it will get better as youtube blokes show it works now since some people cant think for them selves on builds
  6. people calm down for the most part and things continue as normal
  7. DE going to touch X 
  8. Forums.exe (Exploding)
  9. cycle begins again 

personally i think it looks really cool and im excited to try it out since melee is going to get a update like secondary and primaries were but these reactions cycles are down right predictable now were i can make it fill in the blank replace X with any thing and it works most the time 

1. DE gunna rework  X
  2. players using x will react in 2 ways 
  3. some will give valid feedback and be civil on how X changes can be good
  4. some will start spamming and screaming how X change will ruin the game and their quitting if it happens this one happens more often due to spam
  5. X change drops 
  6. More spamming and valid feedback moderation finally kicks in for all the X threads
  7. some quit some quietly back pedal from X changes
  8. you tube people figure out how X changes work so you dont have to
  9. DE tweaks X more based on feed back screaming has lowered/raised in volume
  10. screaming subsides as to have run out wind in lungs and have played with or copy pasted a build for X 
  11. bingo cards are filled and balance is restored people use X less or more now 
  12. DE is going to touch Y now go back to step 1 and use Y in steps 1 though 12

I think you've struck the entire majority of videogaming forum existence in a singular nutshell.

5 hours ago, Fuzzorz said:

Hammer E while holding a DIRECTION key, Such a fail. Any controller user will tell you that is broken as they dont need trash like 'align attack to cam' 'melee auto target' 'cam track melee target' because holding a DIRECTION lets you attack where ever you want while facing where you want to shoot. That isnt even a nerf its a solid way to break melee combos for controller users tho.

Melee 3.0 combo revision is yet again GREEN ORBS.......green orbs made me quit for years.

I dont know how melee works on a controller but with mouse and keyboard spam E and while holding w, a, s, or d is one of the easier and better spam combos that and block. after that, the next best one is the hold combo (only on the first strike) and the worst ones are the pause combos.  as you can still use your mouse to still look around ad attack enemies.  

That DE will make melee look cooler, with more directional combos and staged inputs, with a rework of Stances, but that it will be bundled in with mechanical changes which just make melee really subpar and clunky and no longer viable. Then, when this is brought up, DE will casually pretend not to understand the issue and will insist that everything is amazing now because melee looks cooler from the POV of someone watching gameplay, but not actually playing.

• Like 3

Here is the thing- whatever they do end up doing, it still has to work around the riviens that people have. stats might be changed or whatever, but they probibly will not be makeing the most sought after rivens useless, partly because they make a lot of money off that.

Part of me thinks that zaws are going to benofit the most somehow but not sure.

3 minutes ago, Fluff-E-Kitty said:

Here is the thing- whatever they do end up doing, it still has to work around the riviens that people have. stats might be changed or whatever, but they probibly will not be makeing the most sought after rivens useless, partly because they make a lot of money off that.

Part of me thinks that zaws are going to benofit the most somehow but not sure.

Well, seeing as Channeling is being changed completely and entirely, and is basically getting converted into the system of Light to Heavy attacks...naw dude, I think they’re entirely willing to gut some melee mod stats. Which is a good thing, honestly. I just hope they don’t completely gimp Life Strike, I love that mod.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Well, seeing as Channeling is being changed completely and entirely, and is basically getting converted into the system of Light to Heavy attacks...naw dude, I think they’re entirely willing to gut some melee mod stats. Which is a good thing, honestly. I just hope they don’t completely gimp Life Strike, I love that mod.

fair. just like charge attacks when the gallatine first came out. I kinda miss them a bit. new versions are not the same

Daggers, for the love of Clem, give us better daggers. Even something as simple as a stealth bonus/undetected bonus, a damage multiplier of at least 4. Maybe a 10% base damage increase for all daggers (why only 10%? Remember, dps, damage per second, daggers are fast, and can be made insanely fast through mods and abilities).

And please, in the spirit of combos, give us actual combos. Not a cookie cutter, almost identical sequences of one or 2 different keys (example: E E HoldE E). Combos are supposed to be combos....the current combos just.....wouldn't qualify as combos no matter who you ask. For basic easy combos, sure, simple presses to win, but with an added complexity, it could introduce a better, actual skill curve, where the player presses a combination (hence combo) of different keys, maybe 1-5 different keys, or somehow implement the movement/parkour system into them, or......hell idk, look at any other game that does combos.

DE did a great job on this game, but minor thing's like this, would go great lengths to improve gameplay.

Melee 3.0 - Your most pessimistic predictions?

Fixes nothing

Does nothing

Maiming Strike untouched

Blood Rush untouched

Melees are still reliant on Blood rush/MS/Rivens to achieve anything

Overall that this whole thing will turn out to be a storm in a glass of water. Lots of noise over nothing

Personally I don't even care that much now. Melee change was needed long before rivens were relased. Now? Meh, whatever.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Daggers, for the love of Clem, give us better daggers. Even something as simple as a stealth bonus/undetected bonus, a damage multiplier of at least 4. Maybe a 10% base damage increase for all daggers (why only 10%? Remember, dps, damage per second, daggers are fast, and can be made insanely fast through mods and abilities).

Maybe it would be enough if they gave upgraded versions of existing daggers.

Rakta Dark Dagger is one of my most used melees and it's viable with an augmented status-Covert Lethality build both for normal melee and finishers.

I would also like an Ether Dagger Prime or Sheev Wraith.

I am not shedding a tear for combo counter builds.  They were super nice when we first got them.  But haven't really been needed for awhile.  You really only want to go for that kind of setup if you're going melee only.  Anyway, the only thing i'm majorly concerned about is the unifying of combos into one list of combos.  It sounds nice, but I worry that it will make moves themselves bland and we might lose special properties in the process.  Like rapier stance opening enemies to finishers.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I am not shedding a tear for combo counter builds.  They were super nice when we first got them.  But haven't really been needed for awhile.  You really only want to go for that kind of setup if you're going melee only.

Making some bottom tier melee also even more useless as a result, like the Prisma Skana, scythes, dual daggers that heavily relied on combo count and Blood Rush/Weeping Wounds.

Pessimism huh? Fine.

I predict high melee range builds will be all but erased in the sense they exist now due to the dawn of giving us gap closers instead of range.

I predict gap closers will generally feel awful unless they come packaged with mid-animation I-frames or knockdown immunity. Potentially meaning we eat the range mod nerf while the tools meant to prevent us from needing the range don't quite work out.

I predict that having attack speed scale too high will still break chunks of the combo system.

I predict that life strike is going to get an accidental nerf in the sense that DE wont mean to make it less consistent, it'll just end up being less consistent.

I predict that slow melee weapons are still going to feel really, really bad.

I predict Daggers are still going to basically be toys meant for Covert Lethality and that Dual Daggers will still struggle.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Blatantfool said:

Pessimism huh? Fine.

I predict high melee range builds will be all but erased in the sense they exist now due to the dawn of giving us gap closers instead of range.

I predict gap closers will generally feel awful unless they come packaged with mid-animation I-frames or knockdown immunity. Potentially meaning we eat the range mod nerf while the tools meant to prevent us from needing the range don't quite work out.

I predict that having attack speed scale too high will still break chunks of the combo system.

I predict that life strike is going to get an accidental nerf in the sense that DE wont mean to make it less consistent, it'll just end up being less consistent.

I predict that slow melee weapons are still going to feel really, really bad.

I predict Daggers are still going to basically be toys meant for Covert Lethality and that Dual Daggers will still struggle.

Speaking of which, what I hate about the current melee attacks is how a lot of them push you forward (even in neutral positions) which make you fly away from the enemy you are supposed to be comboing.