Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 - Your most pessimistic predictions?

VanFanel1980mx

12 minutes ago, OH_GOD_NOTTHISGUY said:

Worst case scenario 

Mere 3.0 feels like A nerf 

People stop using meele 

agree to that point, it probably only be used for slamming the ground to cause knock down and then players just finish it with a gun or using a frame to finish it.

DE has a history, see. Whenever they rework something, they seem to unintentionally water it down. Take parkour for example.

Slingshotting and coptering allowed people to move at blinding speeds, so fast that it would take less then a second to clear more then one area, depending on where you were. The complaints about this were obvious, it was extremely sticky, awkward, but it did one thing right: Speed. And that was why EVERYONE did it. That's the one part about the movement system that actually mattered.

Bullet jumping, in comparison, is more refined and does everything right... but it's much, much slower. Incomparable to the previous iteration. Everything about it except for the one reason people used it for was improved.

I expect the same for melee 3.0. They'll add S#&$ like parries, air combos, build-up and release charge attacks, yada yada, all sorts of gimmicks to improve the system as a whole, but I really bet that they'll water down the reason people use melee. Making crowds into mush. And that's because they see such efficiency as a problem.

23 hours ago, Urlan said:

I don't really see how the changes DE has suggested so far would kill spin to win; though it might change up which weapons do it; outside of removing Maiming Strike and similarly bonus carrying rivens, but if so some other pushed setup or conditional mod would take its place.

The only reason spin2win exists is because it deals tons of damage compared to regular melee attacks, the only way to kill it will be to nerf all huge damage numbers across the board.

11 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Punch through...wasn't it that was an issue punching through was the type killing things behind the wall 🤔 *having flashback memories about pvp during the time the beta* ...Yea it is that issue back then because well...cutting people behind the wall issue again...Welp time bring out the galatine prime for this one and teach the dev the lesson again from their very old mistake again which I don't know why they brought it back AGAIN.

You are mistaking that for clipping, weapon collisions were able to clip through walls back then which allowed people to just exploit the horrible AI path finding and safely use melee behind a wall, punch through is a mechanic that allows a weapon or projectile to hit more than one target to a certain distance, shield lancers for example or in case of melee, if your weapon hits one enemy it can pierce through and hit the one right behind it.

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

The only reason spin2win exists is because it deals tons of damage compared to regular melee attacks, the only way to kill it will be to nerf all huge damage numbers across the board.

You are mistaking that for clipping, weapon collisions were able to clip through walls back then which allowed people to just exploit the horrible AI path finding and safely use melee behind a wall, punch through is a mechanic that allows a weapon or projectile to hit more than one target to a certain distance, shield lancers for example or in case of melee, if your weapon hits one enemy it can pierce through and hit the one right behind it.

true about the clipping, but it doesn't mean it won't work.  Only time can tell if the weapon do penetrate though walls or something worst then that.

5 hours ago, Snydrex said:

Bullet jumping, in comparison, is more refined and does everything right... but it's much, much slower. Incomparable to the previous iteration. Everything about it except for the one reason people used it for was improved.

Before I took a break from Warframe nearly 2 years ago I made a few macros in which I used the bullet jump sequence, it was more restrictive but it was pretty fast, only melee slams were available at that point or even a copter if you were fast enough, sometimes I say is a joke but since back then I even posted videos (which I deleted) I keep saying I was the one who invented bullet jump.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

They promise an overall damage increase ... then give us only 15% more damage or so. If it's not like 2.5x to 3x I have nothing to say.

If that really happens, I guess I have to say goodbye to a game I used to like so much and spent a considerable sum on. I didn't practice my melee till I can cut Ospreys out of the air with direct slam hits or the clunky air attack for such a half assed nerf.

3 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

They promise an overall damage increase ... then give us only 15% more damage or so. If it's not like 2.5x to 3x I have nothing to say.

If that really happens, I guess I have to say goodbye to a game I used to like so much and spent a considerable sum on. I didn't practice my melee till I can cut Ospreys out of the air with direct slam hits or the clunky air attack for such a half assed nerf.

hmm it feel like someone appearing over the sk-...$##!

Do+you+believe+in+slams+its+time+to+slam Melee 3.0