Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My experience with some clans

Joltyboi

Just now, Airikr said:

>stays offline for weeks without telling anyone

>gets kicked for inactivity

>"lul why they b so mad"

Not targeting you in this case, OP, but there are two sides of the coin.

yeah i know, but a week or two is nothing, if it was a month or something i could understand

Some clans take activity into account heavily to ensure their community is invested with each other and the game the clan is for. I am not saying its alright to mercilessly kick players who haven't logged on for 7 days, but I am one leader of a clan that can kick after 14 days if you do not communicate about your absence. It's perfectly fine to remove inactive players if there is understanding and communication. If you leave a clan in the dark on why you are going to be offline, they have every right to remove you. Hopefully you avoid the bad apples and find a group of players who fit your style well.

Edited by Voltage

My clan has a 6 day inactivity kick rule which is fair imo.  We want active players not people who play once or twice per month.  As a moon clan with close to 1k members this is important to us in order to maintain an active community.  However, if someone let's us know they'll be away for longer then it's cool, we just change status to mia and there's no kick.

2 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

is_this_an_inactive_player.jpg

In both my clans, we make it clear.  If you are new (entry level rank) and you go MIA for 15 days without informing someone (and we make it easy to tell someone) then yer out!

Higher ranks are 30 days but get treated the same.

We are a small clan, everyone is expected to participate at some point in some way, we are not a clan for alt accounts or folks who only log in thrice a year.

The only reason this would be a negative policy is if the player isn't informed of the period of inactivity that will get them kicked.

• Like 2

My solution to this problem.

"You can't get kicked out of a clan if you're the only person in it" 

This is why I built an entire Dojo with my own two hands, funded the research myself as well.

Also there's no drama...aside from when my split personalities argue over what pizza toppings to eat.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aldain said:

My solution to this problem.

"You can't get kicked out of a clan if you're the only person in it" 

This is why I built an entire Dojo with my own two hands, funded the research myself as well.

Also there's no drama...aside from when my split personalities argue over what pizza toppings to eat.

The one that likes pineapple is the smart one, listen to that one.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Being in a clan of 3...I'll kick them out if inactive for 30 days..and it's even funnier because they are family...

I kicked my brother out of his own clan once.  I didn't know he had left the clan to help someone else with research in their clan and he was inactive past the accepted duration for a new member.  I was just looking at the day counter, not names.

After I logged out, he sent me a text asking to get promoted back to Warlord. xD

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Why didn't people tell me sooner, I've been brushing my teeth with "Best Value Elroy's Tooth Polish"

Hey, that tastes good on pineapple.

Here we check activity with other means, these are essentialy agreed before entering, once you do that you are bound to the agreement, if you don't comply you may be kicked, as that is like lying to the clan leader and it's members.

Misleading other clanmembers is an attitude i don't want around, if you can't be trusted with some basic things, you can never be trusted to be part of the clan, player attitude comes 1st.

Regarding activity, we do not use the last login as activity and so a player online in the clan and in the clan chat can be kicked for inactivity, while some have moaned about it, it is direclty related to the agreement, so i can always backup my kicks, 100% of the time.

From this point forward, the players kicked are a problem to other clans as kicked players can no longer rejoin my clan.

So, to OP, yes, a player online can be inactive yes.

Edited by KIREEK

This situation has happened to me as well. It's part of the reason I have difficulty finding a clan that suits my playstyle.

I get that clans want active members to help contribute to help the clan grow, but you shouldn't just get kicked for taking a week off or two. I took a week off cause I wanted a break from just gaming in general and got kicked from the clan I was in cause of it.

Do I really need to explain my reasons why for something like that? What if there was a sudden family emergency I had to attend to? What if I was sick?

If I was gone for a month or longer without explaining why I would accept being kicked out, but this concept of kicking players from a clan who have not logged on for just a few days is something I have trouble accepting.