Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make pvp playable or atleast be able to gain standing

(XBOX)HitmanGill

Any game I play I enjoy going up against players in some form or another and was looking to finally get all cosmetics from conclave but there's one massive problem, no one plays it! 

I think it may be partly due to the rewards, personally I wouldn't mind relics as a reward for the winning team it would be an easy way to get people to play pvp or a slightly different game mode like survival pve/pvp mode where two teams try to outlast increasingly difficult NPC's (no life support pods though) and all we can use are weapons with no abilities. I would even be quite happy with another way to earn the standing through normal missions like we can with simarus targets.

If you have given up on pvp please just make it so we gain atleast gain the standing in some way or another.

• Like 4

id love to get the rewards and every few months i play some pvp to do so but even if u can play the progression is so slow and ppl with their ignis and phantasma cheezing make it miserable.

there was once a game called "exteel". it had amazing pvp. the key was to make everyone tanky, the tanks even tankier, then make weapons easy to hit with.

every weapon had its own size of frame (except rocket launchers and melee) in which u had to get the enemy to hit within your weapons range. if the enemy was entirely in the frame and u fire it was a hit every time. the projectiles even followed the enemy. imo this mechanic not only could save pvp in warframe but it could turn it into just as big as pve

check this gameplay out.

Edited by Cicasajt

1 hour ago, kgabor said:

Yeah, it would be a good idea to add some relics and Kuva as side loot, maybe depending on your performance, it would probably get a few players to play Conclave frequently as Kuva and plats are always needed.

2 hours ago, (XB1)HitmanGill said:

I like the cosmetics you get in there but I think it's a massive grind to get them at the moment so kuva/relics/endo or something along them line sounds good.

I'd like to see a competitive component against another team if they do revisit pvp aswell, I know alot of people avoid the conclave since they prefer the missions so make head to head missions, the could use the mission types they have now and have whatever team wins gain a greater reward 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cicasajt said:

id love to get the rewards and every few months i play some pvp to do so but even if u can play the progression is so slow and ppl with their ignis and phantasma cheezing make it miserable.

there was once a game called "exteel". it had amazing pvp. the key was to make everyone tanky, the tanks even tankier, then make weapons easy to hit with.

every weapon had its own size of frame (except rocket launchers and melee) in which u had to get the enemy to hit within your weapons range. if the enemy was entirely in the frame and u fire it was a hit every time. the projectiles even followed the enemy. imo this mechanic not only could save pvp in warframe but it could turn it into just as big as pve

check this gameplay out.

I dont find many people cheezing but I do find people just drop out randomly and the game forfeits. I don't mind the mechanics of pvp I'd just like it to be more interesting it's one of the few things that let's warframe down tbh 

• Like 1

Conclave rewards haven't been updated since the armor sets were added on Lunaro. As pointed before, it would be really nice if end of mission and the weekly reward pools included a chance to get resources from the Plains, Orb Vallis and Kuva. Not sure about relics at all since Teshin already offers the same relic packs as the other syndicates and i usually spend 120K (6 packs) in them around once (perhaps even twice) a week depending on how much time i decide to spend on warframe.

• Like 5

On 2019-01-19 at 11:30 AM, (XB1)HitmanGill said:

Any game I play I enjoy going up against players in some form or another and was looking to finally get all cosmetics from conclave but there's one massive problem, no one plays it! 

I think it may be partly due to the rewards, personally I wouldn't mind relics as a reward for the winning team it would be an easy way to get people to play pvp or a slightly different game mode like survival pve/pvp mode where two teams try to outlast increasingly difficult NPC's (no life support pods though) and all we can use are weapons with no abilities. I would even be quite happy with another way to earn the standing through normal missions like we can with simarus targets.

If you have given up on pvp please just make it so we gain atleast gain the standing in some way or another.

I get where you're coming from. I really do. You say nobody plays conclave but I have over eighty thousand conclave kills. Your premise is incorrect.

From reading your post, you seem to want to make it so PvP standing can come from PvE content. Is my interpretation correct?

On 2019-01-21 at 2:05 PM, (XB1)Solar Rails said:

I get where you're coming from. I really do. You say nobody plays conclave but I have over eighty thousand conclave kills. Your premise is incorrect.

From reading your post, you seem to want to make it so PvP standing can come from PvE content. Is my interpretation correct?

Maybe conclave is more active on consoles???

I think I never got a full match and some times a dragged 2 or 3 friends...

Maybe even game play is less chaotic than PC. On pc there is usually the try hard guy that actuality  never dies...

Edited by srlhama

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-21 at 4:05 PM, (XB1)Solar Rails said:

I just want it more engaging and rewarding, it really is Impossible to find  any full matches (on xbox one). Competitive PVE Could be fun like a 2vs2 on the existing tilesets but just another way to gain standing really. I do know the change in abilities throws people off pvp but that's not going to change unless they just make it weapons only 

On 2019-01-22 at 10:07 AM, srlhama said:

Maybe conclave is more active on consoles???

I think I never got a full match and some times a dragged 2 or 3 friends...

Maybe even game play is less chaotic than PC. On pc there is usually the try hard guy that actuality  never dies...

Oh it’s very sweaty on Xbox but chill on the switch.

I made a post the day before yesterday titled "Conclave Deathmatch: A few ideas from a conclave casual". I briefly touched upon some of the problems I faced when trying out Conclave, one of them being the terrible rewards. Sure, cosmetics are nice, and the Conclave sigils look terrific, especially on edgy frames like Ash, but that's about it. I have seen others complaining about this too, but the usual response from PvE players is "Well you shouldn't worry about the rewards if you enjoy the gamemode". And that's the problem. I enjoy PvP, but I want it to be worth my time too. I'm sure the PvE players wouldn't take too kindly to a suggestion of valuable rewards being removed from the missions, even if they enjoy the gamemode (yes I know that Warframe is primarily a PvE game, but my point still stands, sort of).

This is what I wrote in one section of my post:

One of the biggest problems facing Conclave is that there's no incentive to play it, even if you enjoy PvP. Sure, the sigils look amazing, but cosmetics can only tempt you so far. Conclave rewards need to be better. Fully-built forma, potatoes and kuva can be given out as rewards in exchange for standing. Each of these can have a high standing cost, so that they don't overshadow the conventional methods of farming these things. For example, you can get a fully-built forma for 50k standing. So you'll be able to get one or two forma (formas? formae?) a week, which is a lot less efficient than just getting random forma BPs from fissure missions. Potatoes can cost something outrageous like 150k standing. This ensures that people actually get rewarded for spending time in Conclave. Plus, these rewards will never become obsolete. As it stands right now, I feel like playing Conclave is a waste of time even if I want to play it.

Here's the link to my post just in case somebody wants to check it out:

On 2019-01-19 at 11:07 PM, Cicasajt said:

check this gameplay out.

The gameplay looks really fun in this. Honestly one of the most unfun parts of Conclave are the closed maze-like maps. You often get killed without even seeing how you died. Making everyone tankier would be welcome in Warframe PvP. I like the changes you suggested.