The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fortuna Spear Bugs (PS4)

(PSN)MrQuinine

Hello, all,

Did a quick search of the PS4 Bug forums and didn't find this anywhere.  I will be listing several minor issues related to fishing spears and Fortuna content, including K-Drives.

1. If a fishing spear is equipped and the K-Drive is summoned, the game seems to randomly disable a variety of things, such as:

• Abilities: it's as if R1 no longer responds.  Tested the touch pad activation, it works intermittently.
  • Reloading: weapons cannot be manually reloaded using Square.
  • Everything generally stops working from warframe animation to weapons fire, melee, reloads, operator mode, abilities, even the fishing spear and gear wheel.  I've only seen this twice and I haven't been able to replicate the circumstances.
  • Suggested fix:  i don't know enough to speculate.  or spudulate.

2. No baits appear while the Fortuna Tier 2 fishing spear is equipped if a Cetus spear is in another slot on the Gear Wheel. 

• Suggested fix: make spears globally exclusive, like with baits and dyes. Put one on your gear wheel and that's it.

3. No hot spots on Cetus:

• I have tested this several times, and while it's possible RNGesus just hates me, I have spent the better part of three hours running around Cetus on my K-Drive looking for hot spots.  They do not seem to spawn while on the k-drive. 
  • Also, I hopped off the K-drive and they still wouldn't spawn.  i had to leave the plains and return and then found one in a usual spot straightaway.

4. Cave Hot Spots:

• More of a gripe, and maybe RNGesus just hates me, but i've only found 2 or 3 cave hot spots in dozens of hours on Fortuna.  (of course, there are STILL 5 caves i haven't found because I refuse to be spoiled)

On 2019-01-19 at 3:10 PM, (PS4)MrQuinine said:

1. If a fishing spear is equipped and the K-Drive is summoned, the game seems to randomly disable a variety of things, such as:

• Abilities: it's as if R1 no longer responds.  Tested the touch pad activation, it works intermittently.
  • Reloading: weapons cannot be manually reloaded using Square.
  • Everything generally stops working from warframe animation to weapons fire, melee, reloads, operator mode, abilities, even the fishing spear and gear wheel.  I've only seen this twice and I haven't been able to replicate the circumstances.
  • Suggested fix:  i don't know enough to speculate.  or spudulate.

This (or at least something similar) also happens with the Tranq gun.  To fix it while you're playing (band-aid fix) re-equip the piece of equipment, then switch back to weapons to be able to use abilities, etc.

On 2019-01-19 at 3:10 PM, (PS4)MrQuinine said:

4. Cave Hot Spots:

• More of a gripe, and maybe RNGesus just hates me, but i've only found 2 or 3 cave hot spots in dozens of hours on Fortuna.  (of course, there are STILL 5 caves i haven't found because I refuse to be spoiled)

SSE of the Spaceport there's a cave that is pretty much all pond once inside.  It generally has a hot spot active.  If it doesn't, exiting the cave and re-entering usually helps one to spawn.