Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More dynamic boss fights with increased difficulty?

IllogicalLogic420

I understand why some are easy, for farming reasons, but what if.......the boss fights grant the entire reward, instead of having to grind/farm, and make the boss fights an actual challenge?

Lephantis for example. So easy. Just dodge, hit, hit, hit, dodge, maybe even stand still because it has horrible aim and AOE, hit, hit, oh it's dead, repeat, is that it?

OH HELL NO THERE'S A SECOND PHASE THAT LOOKS TERRIFYINGLY HARD!

Wait, same thing, dodge, hit, hit, hit, dodge, stand still because it cant hit you, hit, hit, oh its dead.

Lol. I mean, the bosses are fine as they are, but I'm the type of player who enjoys a good challenge in a boss fight, that requires more than simple "dodge, roll, hit, hit, repeat"

There's a few things that can make a boss fight interesting.  With Lephantis?  How about the floor becomes lava  acid in the second stage.  The platforms also become breakable and/or the water errr acid rises.  Acid would deal true damage ignoring adaptation/armor.  Also boost up the HP and implement the Plague Star damage cap on this guy.  Or require all 4 dragon keys to be used in order to enter the boss room (hey this is another Sortie condition that could be implemented!).

Kela is a fantastic fight.  Fantastic boss lines, mechanics involving the whole team for plates/targets and damage that is avoidable through player skill and not building EHP to masochistically tank a blow to the nuts repeatedly.

Then Ambulas.  Reasonable team involvement with 1/2 players hacking and the others killing mobs.  A special suprise team of Comba to spice things up killing unprepared players.  Memorable boss dialogue.

And also "It's HAMMER TIME!"  Best boss lines in the game.  <3.

Edited by WhimsicalPacifist

The floor becomes acid? That's interesting I wonder if it's bugged for me. I always wondered why those "decks" were there......I've ran Lephantis several times and the floor was never acid.

Is this maybe part of a sortie or something?

Forgive me but I had to stop reading at "Kela..." because I didn't get to that one yet 🙂

Also, I can't read what you said about Ambulas yet.

Which boss is the "hammer time"?

Thanks for the reply!

The day the WF devs are capable of making something truly challenging and make losing while doing your best a possibility give me a call lol. They've opted for mobile game difficulty at some point in 2015 and there's no way back.

Edited by sixmille