Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove dragon mod pack from the game?

Genesix6

17 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

I know nobody buys them, but can DE remove this? Especially if there's a new player, think that "oh I can get some great mods in there". We can get the mods as well from farming, so what's the point of this being existed.

Maybe if DE added a riven to the list. Otherwise I agree. Basically just a trick to get money. 

Nah let it be there, people who buy those deserve what they got anyways. And theres lots of stuff like that ingame like:

> Frugal & High Roller Credits pack
> 300 polymer for 30p / any resources buyable with platinum
> That archgun thing where its 3 day craft or 25 plat
> Rivens

Its a F2P game, its normal to have those things. Its basically just a trick to get money.

59 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

We can get the mods as well from farming, so what's the point of this being existed.

I mean, what's the point of selling weapons in the market? You can farm for anything.
The pack reads "Roll the dice to get a 5 pack of mods." Everyone understands that it is random. And if people inform themselfs before doing something, they will learn that you can farm these mods aswell.
The mod packs are relics from old times, when mods were completely random. As of now, everyone in the team get's the same mod from a drop. This wasn't always the case...

DE's already looking into changing how mod packs work, and has asked DC members for their input.

14 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Nah let it be there, people who buy those deserve what they got anyways. And theres lots of stuff like that ingame like:

> Rivens

Its a F2P game, its normal to have those things. Its basically just a trick to get money.

DE wants to change it too, and just because other games do it (or theres more than one example of it within the game) doesn't mean it's okay. F2P games don't need predatory monetization strats, even though the majority implement them.

Hopefully DE gets rid of or drastically increases credit pack contents so they're actually worth it.... though realistically I could never see credit packs being worth it over a booster.

Edited by AXCrusnik

17 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

> Rivens

The problem is for the new player, they have no information of the game, they don't know that this mods can be aquired through farming and playing the game

21 hours ago, Genesix6 said:

I know nobody buys them, but can DE remove this? Especially if there's a new player, think that "oh I can get some great mods in there". We can get the mods as well from farming, so what's the point of this being existed.

I agree. Do you remember back in the day when you only got 4 revives a day and had to buy them? That's where my first 50 plat went...

17 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Getting a company to remove lootboxes is a lost cause. Too many bad excuses that too many players buy into.

And yes, card packs are loot boxes.

Normally I would agree with you, except DE is explicitly anti lootbox / real money gambling. A while back they released a kubrow pattern reroll for plat, and they removed it because they realized they accidentally created a paid slot machine.

I am aware of the kuburo thing, but the card packs predate it and are quite frankly the exact same kind of lootbox that has infected games for 10 years now. Its clear they are ok with this one because it doesn't get advertised or noticed by most.

I consider the existance of the card packs as proof that DE is far from the perfect developer people like to claim them to be.

No matter how you look at it, even when its always has "value", fact is that most of the time these things have little to no value and no worth. but how can i expect a world that was long since made to ignore TCG style random chance games since... well TCGs themselves started the trend.