Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Should be Health Only

DatCanadien

Get rid of Garuda's shields and make her into what she is supposed to be, a vampire.

Set her up with 0 shields and more max hp with all the benfits that Inaros and Nidus get from not having shields.

Her Kit is perfectly set up for a full health warframe, you have damage reduction, healing, sacrificing health for benefit and she is obsest with blood and making enemies bleed.

So far all we have are Nidus and Inaros who are your average tanky suvival experts. Set Garuda up for a High risk, high reward playstyle.
>Squishy but has the tools to survive; Missing Hp % healing; Damage blocking shield; sacrifice health for energy and has a charged cone-radius crowdcontrol, bleed fiesta

Edited by DatCanadien
added

2 minutes ago, Toppien said:

IKR, also, why is she advertised as a "gore" themed warframe, when all of her skills scream vampire themed?

she should had been named Lilith XD

Very true! Carmilla is one I would go with personallyl

hace 1 minuto, DatCanadien dijo:

>Heals for 63% of allies missing hp/second and can have 3 altars going at once with a damage blocking shield

also, quick thinking + basic armor mods + primed flow, give you a really large amount of effective health with good resistance

• Like 1

That wouldn't be very beneficial for her when it's already ideal to run Quick Thinking to make full use of her passive. If anything it would be detrimental by making her need to take more damage to gain her passive (without using her 3).

Also her 3 drains a percentage of her health thus any amount of health increase would just mean losing more health at a time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trst said:

That wouldn't be very beneficial for her when it's already ideal to run Quick Thinking to make full use of her passive. If anything it would be detrimental by making her need to take more damage to gain her passive (without using her 3).

Also her 3 drains a percentage of her health thus any amount of health increase would just mean losing more health at a time.

Let's be honest her passive isn't ideal especially for high level play

4 hours ago, seprent said:

>no Sheilds
>low armor
that doesnt really work out well 

low armor are you drunk? my garuda have 825 armor with Umbra fiber alone, I will love to have the option of turning shield off on the warframes, or to convert shields to heal. some frames like Khora benefit a lot with a rage builds, shields are just annoying.

Isn't this why her 3rd ability consumes health? The whole point is that you keep your Health low with Bloodletting while keeping your Shields up with Dread Mirror's Shield so you don't die. It's already high risk high reward since you are almost certainly dead if you stay at 2 Health and you run out of shields. Removing her Shields and replacing it with Health would just increase the risk while lowering the reward since you can't afford to stay at 2 Health on your own to maximize her passive.

Edited by RX-3DR

1 hour ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

low armor are you drunk? my garuda have 825 armor with Umbra fiber alone

With the current scaling of the Game and the low Health she got, that much Armor is not what you call high. That amount would work better on a Frame like Nidus or Inaros because of their higher health.

Edited by GPrime96

I'd rather DE just rework shields than worry about making frames without them. now that we're getting one that uses shields as energy, I reckon it's now needed even more, and a shield rework is long overdue. 

seriously, unless this Hildryn or whatever she's called has at LEAST 5000 base shields, there's no way she'd be able to cast abilities properly whilst under fire at higher levels.

7 hours ago, DatCanadien said:

Her Kit is perfectly set up for a full health warframe

How?

You have a shield that blocks damage, a passive that benefits from low health, an healing ability without any damage reduction... If anything she benefits more from lower health and higher energy and shield unless your playstyle is to somehow take free damage. (Not judging the playstyle in itself but I don't see the point of losing performance just because someone plays for fun.)

Quick Thinking + Pain Threshold makes her safe to use at consistent 2 HP, even at high level gameplay. Her playstyle is more along the lines of charge casting at bursts in 2 HP, AoE heal, charge energy, rinse and repeat her 4 and using her 1 for frontal block and AoE damage on release. You just need to manage her Energy consistently which isn’t hard.

Shields help against chip damage, especially if you use Adaptation. No shields means she loses a small layer of defense that may help with her glass cannon plays, so I wouldn’t agree with the loss of shields for pure health. She’s already fully utilizing health just to deal immense damage with her passive, removing shields would be a bad idea.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23

6 hours ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

low armor are you drunk?

I was alittle not gunna lie i thought she had like 125-100 armor when i said that i looked it up a few hours later 

i guess it can work but still idk feels like it wouldnt go well but ive yet to actually get garuda 50% lazy 50% bounties are alittle dull

if you had issue with her health, just slap on a mod give large amount health, problem solved don't worry about her shield she will be fine the way it is, it just that you gotta focus the blood alters and making it all over the map and all you need to do is increase range, increase durability and bam your good to go with that and you have infinite energy and you won't die that easy and all you need spam 4 (note do not charge it, you get more spiky swords/knives if you aim it right on the target).  I notice guarda abilities if you charge it it do less slashing on bigger group, but if you make the circle small enough you can cut enemies only in the hallway full max slashing...its a weird number for the blades how many is there...So I won't go to the detail why small circle do more then the big circle because of short reason, not enough blades...*guarda stand behind me* errr....

Spoiler

Garuda:"care correct yourself?"

Me:"sorry guarda you have knives for days!"

Garuda: "knives for days"

Edited by ChaoticEdge

9 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

With the current scaling of the Game and the low Health she got, that much Armor is not what you call high. That amount would work better on a Frame like Nidus or Inaros because of their higher health.

Armor applies to quick thinking. And Garuda can have lots of energy and can refill it at will. So long as you can avoid magnetic procs she is very survivable. All but one of her abilities function as small to medium scale CC too.

If adaptation applied to quick thinking as well we would be having a different conversation about a lot of frames.

9 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Armor applies to quick thinking. And Garuda can have lots of energy and can refill it at will. So long as you can avoid magnetic procs she is very survivable. All but one of her abilities function as small to medium scale CC too.

If adaptation applied to quick thinking as well we would be having a different conversation about a lot of frames.

Truthfully Ive found her to be a very solid anti-grineer frame.

Edited by BallisticSalsa