Terezmo

What people look for in a Clan

Question

I been playing warframe for 2 years now (about MR 17 at the moment) and decided to build a clan of my own from scratch. I decided to use the Clan I spent about a month in a half building to help players progress through Warframe since it is loot heavy and build a friendly community of my own. I'm not too sure why many turn a blind eye when i'm reaching out to people over something simple. Is it that the Clan lacks something? or are people not in favor of small clans?

6 answers to this question

I feel like it's the latter. Small clan can feel pretty empty, especially if your typical play times don't match up. You might be able to make up for it by joining a large alliance, that way you can keep your low research costs but still have a large community to interact with.

What are you offering in your clan?

My brother built a clan focused on helping new players learn the game and progress.  For the last few years, we've managed to do a decent job of staying active.  We have a core group of players who keep things lively and we cycle through newer players who take advantage of our clan tech and helpfulness, and then go on to bigger clans. 

What we mainly offer is information and a helping hand.  We have plans to expand beyond that but not until I can get a gaming rig back up and running, things like weekly Plains events, friendly intraclan competitions with some decent rewards (a Prime set or event mod set to whomever gets x amount of animals tagged, etc.)

• Like 1

As someone who has done A LOT of clan hopping I personally look for clans/alliances that have a sense of humor and don’t run their chats like a Russian Gulag. 

• Haha 1

People generally look for larger sizes clans like Storm size and higher. They also look for well decorated and high amount of research completed as well. Another thing to keep in mind is to keep your recruiting message clean and put highlights instead of sentences.

Ex: {clan name} | 100% Research | 0% Trade Tax | Friendly Community | 

I neither know nor much care about why people choose what clan tbh. I'd wager bigger clans especially older clans who are in alliances means better chances of finding well built groups and as for newer players it'd mean better chances of finding a good carry. When I returned to the game this time, I started my own clan and worked on it for 7 months, pushed it from R0 to R10 (ghost clan, I never thought of building a barracks but might try just to see what it looks like). Done all available research except for some color pigments. Most importantly though, I only have 1 floof left to complete the set. I had a few members here and there, people who were new to the game, some bought BPs then left but mostly they quit the game. Only one member other than me who logs in daily, he's a pretty cool guy. As AXCrusnik mentioned time zone is a big factor not to mention one's daily routine. When there were 3 people actively coming online we did have some fun together, made groups to clear nodes for one of the guys so we could do arbitrations, done relic missions, teralyst hunts etc. But unfortunately our meets were very rare due to RL.

My two cents would be if you want a long term goal for yourself go forward with your clan, it'll be tedious and very frustrating at times but in the end it'll be yours, the way you want it. Otherwise there are established clans that have been there for a long time and have alliances. Alliance is the key here, gives you an extra chat channel with relatively smaller pools, means relatively better moderated and alliance channels would be where veterans (people who used to play or kept playing when there were alliances) would hang out. Join one of those instead and contribute wherever you can. Both will help people and both will require commitment. As far as I know you can't start or join any alliances atm due to armstice thing so if you opt to stick with your own clan joining an alliance or starting one won't be possible for now.

Alternatively you can start a clan with a group of your friends, like minded people in your time zone, people who login daily and willing to put in the work. Lift together, you know 😄

Once you set it up you can invite people in, get new and blooming tenno and make veterans out of them and grow this way.

No matter what you choose I hope it works out for you 🙂

Edited by Thoogah