Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Standing in Solidarity with space mom

SighDuck42

Only using the Dex Weapons? Miss me, I ain't using the Dex Furis or Dex Dakra. Dex Sybaris is the only decent one.

Supporting Spacemum? Yeah, I stand as one of her supporters. I believe that there is something more going on with her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SighDuck42 said:

I have made the decision to show my faith in space mom by only using the weapons she designed for us (the dex set).

I make a call to all tenno to join me and show that we still believe in our space mom

No. 

I use the dex furis because it pops nully bubbles in a blink and I don't have to get close to them. Other than that, I have other weapons that I prefer to use in the other slots. 

I seriously doubt that she wants me to use weapons that I don't want to carry in a futile show of 'solidarity'. Save the pointless "thoughts and prayers"-type gestures for social media. 

1 hour ago, SighDuck42 said:

I have made the decision to show my faith in space mom by only using the weapons she designed for us (the dex set).

I make a call to all tenno to join me and show that we still believe in our space mom

Nah, I did the quest you get from her helmet.  I'm looking for a different adoptive parent. 

• Like 2

I can't stand in solidarity with the Lotus. However, I will stand in solidarity with all the Tenno she has BETRAYED, TRICKED and USED. So join me, fellow Tenno! Ready your most powerful equipment, and obliterate that TRAITOROUS SCUMBAG the moment she dares show her face again! #JusticeForTenno

• Like 2

I've said this before, I'll say it now - I've been waiting to jump ship and side with some Grineer since the Gradivus dilemma. Some of ya'll weren't even around yet for the blood, sweat and memes that poured out of that fateful battle. You have fun gambling on whether or not Natah turns you into a modern art piece and I'll stick to siding with anything that isn't the Corpus.

• Like 3

The Lotus has a lot more going on that she never intended to tell us. And only when forced by others like Teshin did she begrudgingly admit to lies of omission to us.

She appeared to us as exactly what we wanted, directed our power, strength, and hate against her enemies; and we never once even questioned why we were supposed to listen to her. We had been led around by the nose, granted boons, given gifts, and worked tirelessly to undermine every faction powerful enough to resist the Sentients since we first awoke again.

The only Sentient we came into conflict with was Hunhow, Natah's father - who reawoke from his slumber to pursue a personal grievance he had against his daughter's alter ego. His weakened state and personal agenda further were spun to strengthen The Lotus' hold over us.

She even hid knowledge of Rell from us, claiming he was not Tenno like we were and that she knew all of us. But Rell was the first to learn about "The Man in The Wall." An entity that we know even less about, and who also has taken an interest in the Tenno. Whose only discernible goal so far seems to be to provoke change at best, sow distrust at worst.

Our only goal should be to stand together with each other... everyone else we've encountered thus far has gone far out of their way to prove that they aren't trustworthy as allies.

Even our closest supporters need to be kept at arm's length. For their own protection as much as our own.

I am fine with fighting for the Lotus. She is great many things. Betrayer, spawn of an arch enemy. But she is also the ONLY one who allowed us to exist. Everything else in the system would have us be even more subservient or dead. There is no black and white. The syndicates are weak powers with even less trustworthy or sustainable agendas then even the most pessimistic concepts of the Lotus Organization, that we admittedly know uncomfortably little about. And that leaves who else, exactly? Teshin? He wouldn't know what to do with power of this magnitude if he were allowed to lead us. I do not trust Lotus fully, but I trust the rest even less. 

My take on her? She played the role of the lover and mother for so long and so well, the she begun to believe that lie herself. Something in that lie resonated strongly enough that she buried Natah and all that she represented and embraces the persona of Lotus. Recent actions dug up Natah, that part of her. I doubt even she knows what or who she is now. But there is one thing I do know: 

There is no one else left in this gods forsaken system worth even a scrap of loyalty from me. 

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Only using the Dex Weapons? Miss me, I ain't using the Dex Furis or Dex Dakra. Dex Sybaris is the only decent one.

Supporting Spacemum? Yeah, I stand as one of her supporters. I believe that there is something more going on with her.

you forgot dex excal skin and dex cape/scarf.

7 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Nah, I did the quest you get from her helmet.  I'm looking for a different adoptive parent. 

Did you do the quest where you get a sword from Ballas?

Because you're being very misguided to turn against her. Her actions from the beginning have only been to help the Tenno grow in freedom, power, and independence.

Spoiler

It's highly likely that this Sentient "mother" coming can control other Sentients. Ballas, after being made into a Sentient, seemed to be partially under her control, but still managed to fight back enough to give you that sword so long as he didn't look at you directly with his Sentient eye.

Clearly this is the reason Lotus wore that helmet. To protect us Tenno from the impending betrayal as long as possible by preventing the Sentient mother from being able to use the Lotus' senses against us, knowing she could not fight off the control forever.

Also, the scene hints that Lotus may actually have been built from Margulis herself.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Hey if we're all doing in-role reasoning...

I choose to stand with the Lotus because there's something amiss. The Lotus turned on a dime - too fast. She doesn't attack us in the Sacrifice - the fragments do. The fragments belong to Hunhow. We can tell because they don't match the Natah aesthetic - each sentient has their own. Hunhow's bones are abstract and stick-thin. The Eidolon's is animalistic, with complex, ribbed bones - even the flying Eidolon doesn't break the four-limb rule. Natah's are almost fleshy, with deeper patterns and a fuller figure than the gaunt bones of the others - we see this in her own design and even Warframes with Sentient components.

Ballas might show the more texture and organic-looking traits of Natah's but consider this: why would she torture him by turning him into a Chimera? He's her ally and his wound wasn't that bad. It wasn't even through his entire body, and the blade was not that large. Could they not stitch him up? Unless of course there was a reason for such a botched job. Like say, giving the known traitor a reason to defect again.

Or just leave Ordis alone with his fake Lotus persona along with the annoying syndicate freaks and incompetent story characters and people who side with us only to betray us, like Alad or Lotus and enjoy the silence.

#Umbralife #Tennogoestheirownway

But i would also enjoy Vay Hek transmissions: 'Tenno maggot! You will be stationed here with the Grustrag Three as punishment for destroying my Glistening Magnificence! Distract the greedy milk until a lone Manic operative extracts information they captured from an ancient Orokin ruin, this technology will help make the Fomorian indestructable.'

'Hurry up clearing the area! These fools are breathing my air!'

While killing an Infested/Corpus miniboss or Tyl Regor: 'Mwahahahahaha'