Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Standing in Solidarity with space mom

SighDuck42

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

Did you do the quest where you get a sword from Ballas?

Because you're being very misguided to turn against her. Her actions from the beginning have only been to help the Tenno grow in freedom, power, and independence.

Hide contents

It's highly likely that this Sentient "mother" coming can control other Sentients. Ballas, after being made into a Sentient, seemed to be partially under her control, but still managed to fight back enough to give you that sword so long as he didn't look at you directly with his Sentient eye.

Clearly this is the reason Lotus wore that helmet. To protect us Tenno from the impending betrayal as long as possible by preventing the Sentient mother from being able to use the Lotus' senses against us, knowing she could not fight off the control forever.

Also, the scene hints that Lotus may actually have been built from Margulis herself.

I wish we could replay that quest. The impression i got was very different. 

14 hours ago, SighDuck42 said:

I make a call to all tenno to join me and show that we still believe in our space mom

well, depending on how The New War goes, you may end up regretting that faith. my money is on us having to fight her and her either A: being killed by us, or B: she sacrifices her life to save us from her Sentient Mother. Warframe's narrative is a coming of age story: we've gone from naive, dumb kids into slightly smarter kids with mommy issues, now it'll be time to cut those apron strings once and for all, and thus our Tenno comes of age and is mentally a young adult (but possibly still trapped in a kid's body, still not sure where DE's gonna go with that).

Dex weapons are all pretty strong as well though, and you'll need to use Dexcalibur with the Syandana and Sigils to complete the look, because if you're gonna go full Lotus, go FULL Lotus.

15 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Nah, I did the quest you get from her helmet.  I'm looking for a different adoptive parent. 

Speaking as someone who also did that quest, I have a different philosophy on the matter:

Lotus WAS real, but past tense is not a fun technicality...

12 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Speaking as someone who also did that quest, I have a different philosophy on the matter:

Lotus WAS real, but past tense is not a fun technicality...

True.

She WAS real but has since changed, no longer the Lotus we sorta, kinda, somewhat, were associated with.

Like I said, I'm contacting CPS and asking for a new adoptive parent. This one is...lacking. 

I've always liked to read and understand stories when I first started the game, I noticed Lotus's mother figure. when I slowly began to understand the story, I began to love him. when he left, I could see why he left more or less. I think lotus will always be my favorite character.  because it's good for me to have a mother figure, and what they do in the story is good for us. 

Lotus has been losing his will since the second dream, and he's been fighting a war in it. I don't think it makes sense to insult lotus  I think the man on the biggest enemy wall   if they said what you want the most, I'd say Lotus should come back.

On 2019-01-20 at 10:45 AM, SighDuck42 said:

I have made the decision to show my faith in space mom by only using the weapons she designed for us (the dex set).

I make a call to all tenno to join me and show that we still believe in our space mom

I'm with you. I still love Rebecca Spacemom... :inlove:

Still regularly use the Dex weapons too...though not always...

On 2019-01-20 at 5:45 AM, SighDuck42 said:

I have made the decision to show my faith in space mom by only using the weapons she designed for us (the dex set).

Or...you do as I did. 

You blindfold your eyes, making sure that Void-sight is your only guide, never to be deceived again by the Supreme Sentient Infiltrator Natah.

GD5Zn9N.jpg

We were raised as Orokin Super Soldiers trained in the Honorable ways of Focus Schools to defend the solar system with our elite combat suits.

Faux-mom said so.

The reality is that we were used as an insurgency force of immortal Void terrorists using Infested-Sentient hybrids to destabilize the solar system for Sentient invasion.

Did Natah discover that she truly wants to BE Lotus after using Transference to create Lotus from our collective memories of Margulis?  It is the pivotal question.

But we’ve been fooled once.

It’s not on us to support a deceitful, traitorous construct from our dreams.

That’s for fools.

Natah is now my enemy until she proves otherwise.  And I will kill her if necessary.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, depending on how The New War goes, you may end up regretting that faith. my money is on us having to fight her and her either A: being killed by us, or B: she sacrifices her life to save us from her Sentient Mother. Warframe's narrative is a coming of age story: we've gone from naive, dumb kids into slightly smarter kids with mommy issues, now it'll be time to cut those apron strings once and for all, and thus our Tenno comes of age and is mentally a young adult (but possibly still trapped in a kid's body, still not sure where DE's gonna go with that).

Dex weapons are all pretty strong as well though, and you'll need to use Dexcalibur with the Syandana and Sigils to complete the look, because if you're gonna go full Lotus, go FULL Lotus.

I don't think she's gonna sacrifice herself for us (because she's needed for 'Hidden Messages' for one, and because she's one of the most significant parts of the game, marketing-wise). I don't think she's gonna go back to normal though. And I'd be quite surprised if any kind of redemption, especially the 'coming out of brainwashing' kind, didn't involve us beating some sense into her. Maybe to knock her back to normal, maybe to prove that we can stand on our own and she didn't fail us or perhaps even having to pretend to fight her as a distraction whilst something else goes on - basically those are theories of brainwashing, depressed/mentally unstable Lotus (my personal theory) and double-agent.

All three could present interesting Narrative opportunities. I've noticed DE doesn't like to run stories straight, always running them a tad crooked in order to play with them and us. For example, a lot of people were expecting us to save/kill Lotus in the Sacrifice too and look what happened there. Or the War Within's fake-out betrayal. Not twisted too much, but enough that it completely recontextualises moments.

My personal suspicion is that she'll wind up an envoy to a friendly group of sentients we wind up protecting - in which case we might not even finish the arc in this quest, although we'll probably know more. It seems like this is still going to take place in the Origin system. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're not going to be able to get her back until Tau.

Lastly, and unrelated, I'm calling it now that if in any way she's brainwashed or needs 'calling out' of something, it will be done with the words 'Wake up, Lotus'.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I don't think she's gonna sacrifice herself for us (because she's needed for 'Hidden Messages' for one, and because she's one of the most significant parts of the game, marketing-wise). I don't think she's gonna go back to normal though. And I'd be quite surprised if any kind of redemption, especially the 'coming out of brainwashing' kind, didn't involve us beating some sense into her. Maybe to knock her back to normal, maybe to prove that we can stand on our own and she didn't fail us or perhaps even having to pretend to fight her as a distraction whilst something else goes on - basically those are theories of brainwashing, depressed/mentally unstable Lotus (my personal theory) and double-agent.

All three could present interesting Narrative opportunities. I've noticed DE doesn't like to run stories straight, always running them a tad crooked in order to play with them and us. For example, a lot of people were expecting us to save/kill Lotus in the Sacrifice too and look what happened there. Or the War Within's fake-out betrayal. Not twisted too much, but enough that it completely recontextualises moments.

My personal suspicion is that she'll wind up an envoy to a friendly group of sentients we wind up protecting - in which case we might not even finish the arc in this quest, although we'll probably know more. It seems like this is still going to take place in the Origin system. I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're not going to be able to get her back until Tau.

Lastly, and unrelated, I'm calling it now that if in any way she's brainwashed or needs 'calling out' of something, it will be done with the words 'Wake up, Lotus'.

Ties into my theory that the Sentient homeworld is an Eden of Peace where war machines are forbidden.  Those who choose to become like Hunhow and Natah make the Supreme sacrifice by becoming voluntary exiles in order to protect the purity AND security of their home world.  Once they choose to become weapons of War they are forbidden to return after traversing the rails.

I wonder if our final “choice” is to protect/destroy/do nothing as the other factions advance.

On 2019-01-20 at 4:58 PM, MagPrime said:

I wish we could replay that quest. The impression i got was very different. 

I spent a lot of time thinking it over, and looking back at lore from elsewhere in the game...

And my impression is that the Lotus is not our enemy, and yet may no longer be able to make that choice right now.

Spoiler

Her alleged "betrayal" simply does not at all match her actions from before the Sacrifice, and the Chimera Prologue kinda helped it all click together for me. Especially the possibility that Sentients are crafted from other living beings and given their memories, thoughts, feelings, etc.

I don't doubt we're going to kill her. But it's not going to be a satisfying kill like many of our more bloodthirsty and ragey Tenno are hoping for. DE loves putting in dark twists, remember.

I also still fully hope that DE decides to use "mission guides" as an additional revenue stream, giving us the ability to spend plat to get custom guides for going through missions.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/969864-customizable-mission-support/

Edited by DrakeWurrum

9 minutes ago, DrakeWurrum said:

I spent a lot of time thinking it over, and looking back at lore from elsewhere in the game...

And my impression is that the Lotus is not our enemy, and yet may no longer be able to make that choice right now.

I don't doubt we're going to kill her. But it's not going to be a satisfying kill like many of our more bloodthirsty and ragey Tenno are hoping for. DE loves putting in dark twists, remember.

I also still fully hope that DE decides to use "mission guides" as an additional revenue stream, giving us the ability to spend plat to get custom guides for going through missions.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/969864-customizable-mission-support/

Vay Hek “support” with over the top denegration and rage or Gtfo 😆.

I just want him complaining the whole time while we humiliate his troops.

Tyl Regor hilarity also.

Can we have anti-support faction packs where their leaders scream at us?  Lolol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pikadidi said:

Sorry but my loyalities lie with Ordis. I will not, however, raise my blade against Spacemom untill we have a clear explanation of what's going on.

sentient gets motherly instinct running, impersonates dead mother figure, runs her own faction for a while. later brainwashed backwards into her earlier form by her crazy toga-wearing ex as part of his overcomplex suicide plot. upon return to tau, accused by her own mother of having been corrupted by her adopted children, and basically we have a situation where everyone is accusing everyone of one-upping them. executor 2 long arm man says she manipulated him and the zariman kids w/ fake feelings, we saw him brainwashing and disconnecting her from the tenno in apostasy, and her own mother is accusing the zariman kids of having manipulated her. everyone's pointing fingers at everyone else and it's gonna be a clusterfck.