Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Skill Suggestions

Ninegal

Posted this in the Ember feedback thread but thought I would also post it here as well. I really think Ember's powers need a serious overhaul. Tweaking the current ones just doesn't suffice.

In the end Ember's powers are just plain boring. Moreover, I believe the reason that damage reduction was added to Overheat was because it was basically just a lesser version of World on Fire. Now it's been reverted to its previous form, but with added damage. I'm sorry, but this isn't a step forward it's a step back. Don't get me started on Fireball . . . In actuality Ember's powers suffer from a complete lack of design creativity. Here are some suggestions just off the top of my head.

1 - Napalm = Ember shoots out a stream of napalm on a single enemy that sets them on fire and gives DoT. If enemies come within X feet/meters of the burning enemy napalm spreads. If the enemy dies before napalm wears off the corpse continues to burn and spread DoT to nearby enemies.

2 - Steam Roll = Ember spawns a large molten boulder that rolls in a straight line setting enemies on fire and causing knock back.

3 - Fire Walk = Ember leaves a trail of flame behind her that burns foes and fire walk also boosts her jump height (but not as much as Excalibur's super jump)

4 - World on Fire = Keep the name, but instead Ember launches out a blast that sets the walls, floor, and cover (i.e. boxes) on fire out to X feet/meters. Enemies that come into contact with the burning surfaces suffer fire damage and stun.

Ember is fine as she is, they just need to change Fire Blast and Overheat back. Fire Blast is now a piddle ring of fire that can't seem to harm that much anymore (so does EXACTLY what the old fireball did), and Overheat was her only defencive ability, which is now an offencive ability, giving ember nothing to protect herself with (this includes shields and armour). I want the old Ember back (aside from Fireball), as it just worked so much better.

See that's the thing. I don't think she is fine as she is. Nor do I think she was fine before. If you read through the feedback thread you'll see that many are dissatisfied with her skills before and as is. I've been playing her as my main ever since switching from Mag, but lately I've just found her skills to lack any kind of variation. She suffers from skills that all essentially do the same thing. Damage. The suggestions I provided above keep the "caster" frame vision but provide enough CC to prevent Ember from taking damage herself. I never really used her as a tank anyway.