Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Phone app

Elfwynn

1 minute ago, BladeDancerAkira said:

that didint answered my question at all 

Nah, it didn't answer it the way you wanted it answered. 

DE probably doesn't allow it because the amount of overlap the app and game have, it would cause too many issues being able to run your Foundry from your phone and system all at once, chat would be a nightmare to sort out, and the potential for exploits would be high just due to the amount of crap you can do during loading screens or before one platform can register changes. 

I don't know why this thread is in the Off-Topic forum, it is very much on-topic of the game. 

The app, if we could still be logged in while in-game, would be a very helpful companion. Let's face it, the game interface is a mess. Every click, every Esc, is followed by an animation, some zooming in or out, which is cute the first day, but maddening every time after that.

Let's say I want to see what invasions are underway. On the phone it's two "clicks" and I'm there, AND the list of every invasion is already expanded. So if I want to check if there is something for, say, the Snipetron Vandal Receiver, the information is right there after two fast clicks on the phone screen. On the PC, it's Navigation, camera rotation and zoom, move the mouse to Invasions, then click on every invasion to expand the list and see the content.

Then if I want to see if I already have the Dera Vandal receiver that is offered in a current invasion, on the PC it's Esc, camera rotation with zoom out, Arsenal/..., more animations blah-blah, Inventory, "dera", and I'm there. Then I have to go back to the Invasions screen to take part in the mission, watching more menu close/open animations. If I could use the phone, the information would be two clicks away, without changing screens on the main game.

Same thing with the market. Say I want to build the Akbolto. Have I built, or even started to build the second Bolto last week? On the PC I have to exit the market window, go into the foundry, then go back into the market window. With the phone app I could consult the Inventory and Foundry windows without changing menus in the game and be subjected to the endless animations.

Wait, did I master the Bolto and sell it? If I could consult the Codex on the app I wouldn't need to change menus and watch animations on the PC screen. Wherever I am in-game. (I don't remember if we have access to the Codex on Cetus).

Want to refresh your extractors? A zillion times faster on the app than on the over-animated in-game interface.

If one needs to disable the Foundry when we are in-game or anything else for some kind of exploit I have trouble imagining, then no problem. But I think a read-only app would be very handy in-game.

• 4 weeks later...