Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Needs a Vote to kick feature Bad

(PSN)OriginalSilthos

So many people que for alerts, mission etc and just sit there for everyone else to complete. The absolute worse is Poe and Fortuna they either sit in the door or get on their archwing fly to a spot and just do nothing while everyone else completes it. I know there gonna be some who say but its easy why complain. I dont mind helping or even carrying for newer people but leeching is also bad for the game also. If you defend this in the least your no better. I can see if there fighting and go afk due to some life issue bug these people are doing it repeatedly. 

• Like 3

people will mention the possibility for abuse, which I agree exists. However, since DE is not implementing any way to report leeches easily (only through support) I agree with you. I'm all for a kick vote option, which 3/4 people have to agree on and which can only be issued by the host and only once per game.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalSilthos said:

So many people que for alerts, mission etc and just sit there for everyone else to complete. The absolute worse is Poe and Fortuna they either sit in the door or get on their archwing fly to a spot and just do nothing while everyone else completes it. I know there gonna be some who say but its easy why complain. I dont mind helping or even carrying for newer people but leeching is also bad for the game also. If you defend this in the least your no better. I can see if there fighting and go afk due to some life issue bug these people are doing it repeatedly. 

don't go public with your matchmaking then. problem solved.

• Like 5

Only way I'll support a vote kick is if;

• It's in premade lobbies only (not Public)
  • It shunts the kicked player to their own instance instead of back to the Liset
  • It gives them the option to auto extract instead of dumping them back to the Liset
  • A reason for kicking is provided 
  • Like 6

I knew the dont go public or solo would be mentioned the game is meant to be played with other people. I play solo here and there but it takes some of the fun out of it. Why should a game that was meant to played with others be be only played solo for people abusing others. It doesnt have to be a vote to kick. A report function or anything that would stop this i would welcome. What their doing is hurting the game period and what if they get into a group that needs that fourth person to clear it? Ive been in plenty of groups where my random team mates struggle. Arnt we suppose to help each other. 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Only way I'll support a vote kick is if;

• It's in premade lobbies only (not Public)
  • It shunts the kicked player to their own instance instead of back to the Liset
  • It gives them the option to auto extract instead of dumping them back to the Liset
  • A reason for kicking is provided 

The perfect solution. Allow kick for premade groups, kick player to their  own instance. The best I've heard on the forum.

• Like 1

I would 100% support that if they're just afking purposely have a 3 out of 4 vote to have them dropped their own instance of the activity. With any system there would be some abuse but today for example I was in Plains and 8 out of 10 ques had people just afking. I dont feel like people should have to make premades for stuff like bounties. 

• Like 1

I'll take the leeches over the elites and their wanting meta frames "or else" any day of the week...because I know how to leave a match with an AFK and restart with players who want to finish the challenge...but, give the elites an ability to toss you out because you didn't bring a Youtube min/max frame they approve of...Yikes....I rather not give them that kind of power...

• Like 2

im on the fence about a kick system added into warframe as there are good an bad reasons for it.

some of the good reasons
~it be good for when your trying to get a tricap team togather but one of the team members lies about there stats or set up, but refuses to leave an your not wanting to break squad just cause not wanting to reinvite the others.
~Set to public while doing a tricap with a team an 4th person takes lil too long to load in an so game loads in a random player an wont listen that had someone else coming an they took there spot.
~Has a player in a survial mission that is using every life support they see an you try to tell them that its not needed an they are wasting them.
~ Doing a random mission an a player is just wanting to generally being toxic about a persons choice of frame an weapon for the mission

some of the bad reasons
~would allow those players that hate a certain frame an someone loads into a mission with it, not caring if they are any good with that frame but person will not play the mission with that frame in there squad.
~ a player takes there noob friend to hydron an you an them not seeing the vote to kick the noob friend an they are removed cause of majority of votes for kick.
~ load into a mission an the host is a troll player so they kick everyone that is loading into the mission as everyone else is loading in an so cant vote yet.
~ Person gets a hard to get part out of there relic an it goes for quite abit of plat an rest of the team doesnt want another person getting it so kicks them just for plat sales value.

some of these are just worst case things that come to mind. 

Vote kick will not change anything when leechers are the majority infact it will just be abused by meta slaves. Leeching problem is a combination of bad system and game having little to no restriction to protect public matchmaking

People needs to understand that people leech because its efficient. its it  far more efficient to join a public bounty and do your fishing/mining as you get both rewards anyway. The only way to solve this is to not let people fish/mine during bounties

Same with ESO/Arbitration if you want to level a trash weapon your choice  are to do spy, do low levels or leech other people once again the most efficient way to do it is to leech. this can be fix by not allowing unmaxed weapons but it won't fix the actaul problem that is the terrible affinity system.

So if you want to fix leeching problem fix game mechanics that encourage leeching

• Like 1

it would be a great addition although there has been only a handful of times i wanted to kick out a person. people complain that it would be abused, but in oldschool games i played if you abused any sort of kick feature, you get banned, so its up to DE to setup the system so it works. obviously you will need some staff to go through these issues as well if said abuse happens.

• Like 1

Most people wont even bother using zendesk to report these, not worth the effort to report 1 guy and probably you just get an automated response and nothing ever happen to the guy.

Basically leeching is encouraged because you cant be kicked or reported ingame, hell even MR26 founders do this while im doing vallis bounty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Most people wont even bother using zendesk to report these, not worth the effort to report 1 guy and probably you just get an automated response and nothing ever happen to the guy.

Basically leeching is encouraged because you cant be kicked or reported ingame, hell even MR26 founders do this while im doing vallis bounty.

well the 3 times in two years i have done it i got a response thanking me for reporting this player, submitting proof, and that they will take action. whatever that means i cant tell you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I'll take the leeches over the elites and their wanting meta frames "or else" any day of the week...because I know how to leave a match with an AFK and restart with players who want to finish the challenge...but, give the elites an ability to toss you out because you didn't bring a Youtube min/max frame they approve of...Yikes....I rather not give them that kind of power...

Never encountered those "elites" who want meta frames,  maybe because i dont run eso,index,tridolons in public. And never faced that issue on other normal type of missions.

Its not like i want someone to be banned or perma kicked from the game its no sort of power trip. Its like said up above why not just everyone leech you rewarded for doing nothing. Any solution would be fine, its something that needs to be addressed. more and more people will do it. I didnt bring this up to be negative just something i feel thats hurting the game. 

It would cause more issues than it solves, because many people can't behave like adults (or even young adults, more toddler-like). When someones standing around doing nothing, I like to just leave at the very last second so they fail all on their lonesome. It makes me happy knowing their laziness will gain them nothing at all when they die repeatedly without noticing. I rarely pub plains or orb vallis unless I am in the mood for people, which is not often, but if people are just standing around I just leave.

Leaving is preferable than having tantrum throwers in control of kicks, and we all know some people throw tantrums about anything. They'd be kicking people for using a frame they don't like. Not worth the hassle.

I mean understand people's fears of kicking. Some suggested they be placed in they're own instance if voted by the whole group and the only solution i hear from those not in favor of it is dont play with other people. Its both good and bad i understand or like someone else said have a feature where they can be reported right there. Instead of having to write down name and time and all that jazz. It per say doesnt have to be a kick just some form of method to stop this. De can also monitor any method the implement. Their is tons of post of people asking for a fix for this with alot of different suggestions. I enjoy playing with random others added a few people to friends today alone. Thats what online gaming is. Not doing anything will just continue to make more and more people solo play. What good is that for this game.