Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Needs a Vote to kick feature Bad

(PSN)OriginalSilthos

I think the ways already in place to deal with that are fairly effective. 

1. Make sure they are actually leeching and are not a low level player way in over their head and unable to keep up, or a support doing their job. 

2. Ignore user. 

3. Stop reviving user. 

4. Leave mission at the earliest convenience and never have to play with them again. 

Also they're looking into implementing individual extraction for every endless mission type which will help with that. I don't see the need for a kick vote, I honestly think that would create more problems than solutions. Missions are not that long, everyone can have a bad day, you might be leveling up or experimenting with new things that you don't fully understand yet, there's a lot of legit reasons why you might not be performing up to some people standards. Also, there's the problem of the interface. At the pace the game is played, how would you implement that? Pause the game for everybody to vote? Do it in chat? 

TLDR: thanks but no thanks, there's other ways to solve this already. 

the only thing i want is to be able to kick people outside of missions, ie, squadded up in the orbiter. Mostly I'm squadded up with 3 people, occasionally we make it public to make certain things easier. Once the mission is done, we generally hope the other person leaves and usually they do, but sometimes they try to queue us up for other things and then immediately start the timer. This happens on Switch since I don't really squad up outside public on PC, and sometimes its so fiddley to leave before the timer and then get everyone reinvited.

Personally I think DE needs missions to take a longer time before a vote to kick will make any sense.

E.g. The Phase 2 mission in Fortuna takes 3minutes to complete, if you are not really rushing it. When the last players join the mission, it's already over. There is certainly not enough time to get to the target area and back again without the possibility of slowing down the entire progress of the group. A vote to kick here is just silly in my opinion, just jump on to the next mission instead, it's also faster that way. Plus you have a 60sec. countdown before a missing player gets extracted automatically - still players leave the group to end it even sooner. The fact is that you are not dependent on a full group to complete the mission.

I had some good and bad experience with vote to kick in Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO.

Their raids in SWTOR took more than an hour to complete, so if a player did not respond for some reason the group could vote to kick the player and then invite another player, because they needed a full team to be able to complete the raid. In this case it was justified.

Other times it was less justified, as trolls would sometimes fill teams and then vote to kick random players at the end of a mission while stealing all the loot for themselves.

I agree that vote to kick has its issues. Their is alot of other ideas posted about this also. After taking time to go thru forums leeching and afkers are a issue. It doesnt neccessary have to be vote to kick. Could be something like if a player does no damage within the 1st min of activity they get booted to their own instance or just get no rewards period without the boot. Leeching is made so easy in this game and like others have said it more effectively to fish, mine in like plains/fortuna while others work to finish a bounty its just ridiculous. When farming mats like that i go solo free roam as you should. Or when your in a group with a friend que up public and that 1 guy either just starts a mission and puts it thru immediately or the one who doesnt leave group and hits no for anything qued. U have to drop reform group and take off public or drop every mission. And the go solo or only play with your friends is a played out EXCUSE. Why should the players who play the game with others fairly get S#&$ on or have to change the way the game was suppose to be played.

2 hours ago, ZahielTheDreamer said:

the only thing i want is to be able to kick people outside of missions, ie, squadded up in the orbiter

Fully agree with this.
Outside of a mission?  Sure kick someone if they refuse to co-operate, like they said they had a specific from for ESO and then refuse to switch to said frame, or whatever.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalSilthos said:

Could be something like if a player does no damage within the 1st min of activity they get booted to their own instance or just get no rewards period without the boot.

This isn't a good solution.
After all I could join a bunch of low level players with an AOE frame, such as Equinox, and basically walk them through a mission where they are unlikely to see any enemies at all.  With this suggestion they wouldn't get any mission completion or anything else just because I joined them through no fault of their own.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalSilthos said:

And the go solo or only play with your friends is a played out EXCUSE. Why should the players who play the game with others fairly get S#&$ on or have to change the way the game was suppose to be played.

Random is random.
The amount of leechers I've ran into is fairly low all things considered.  Very few honest leechers who did absolutely nothing, and the missions with the leechers?  At most 10 minutes and it was over with absolutely no lasting impact.

Recruit exists for a reason.
Clans exist for a reason.
There is a number of ways to avoid leechers.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

Recruit exists for a reason.
Clans exist for a reason.
There is a number of ways to avoid leechers

Thats exactly my point what number of ways are you implying exist but that. So you have to limit the game for the people not playing right.

The no damage was just an example. If you can think of something please post it saying its fine as is isnt helping. Not trying to attack your point just looking for some feedback or opinions to fix this. I enjoy playing with randoms and leeches weren't so bad a couple months ago but its increasingly getting worse. I went from seeing it occasionally to everyday. Its especially abundant in Cetus/Fortuna. Seeing others playing differently can open windows up for you try new things. Your not gonna think of everything combination of frame weapon mod. I understand De really doesn't want a vote system but surely they can implement something to not encourage it. Also as people have said reporting someone that actually is doing this takes a ton of effort. Pictures, times, activities so you have to put even more work in for the person abusing the system.

On 2019-01-20 at 5:50 PM, (PS4)OriginalSilthos said:

So many people que for alerts, mission etc and just sit there for everyone else to complete. The absolute worse is Poe and Fortuna they either sit in the door or get on their archwing fly to a spot and just do nothing while everyone else completes it. I know there gonna be some who say but its easy why complain. I dont mind helping or even carrying for newer people but leeching is also bad for the game also. If you defend this in the least your no better. I can see if there fighting and go afk due to some life issue bug these people are doing it repeatedly. 

Feel ya. When Im doing bounties, alerts, invasions, fissures, and such, Im not there to saunter thru the map mining, fishing, opening every container(altho I do stop for rare containers and mark em so everyone has a shot-but I dont search for them) - Im there to get this mission done and get to the next. You want to fish, mine, hunt every chache and container? Do it in standard missions. Do it outside of the afore mentioned missions. There are a lot of missions to do and most people dont have the time to waste waiting on you to tip toe around doing other things.

Here's a clue for those of you against it... get in a clan. Take your clannies to farm stuff like that. Get into a voice program. (TeamSpeak, Discord, whatever) and have a good time relaxing with whatever you're going after. There's always a few who need it so finding a squad to do it shouldnt be that difficult.

I purposefully left out Syndicate missions because the purpose there IS to search everything. And to thos of you screaming that it would be abuse are the people who are the ones sluffing off the mission to gather 10 more credits, 1 more argon crystal, whatever. And the caches... let me clue you in: Since the implinmentation of the relice... the caches dont have ANYTHING worth looking around and wasting people's time  for. PERIOD.

People have jobs and kids and responsibilities and not much time to play. Stop wasting it. Seriously. If you're worried about abuse, then you should stop ignoring the mission and get it done. Then no one will want to kick you. Oh and no one is talking about MR10 or less. We know they are slow and trying to figure out the frame they're building. We get it. It's you 10+ vet who know better but do it anyway cuz you think it's funny.

Note: If you every see me not jumping on the platform. Blame the Limbo. I dont set foot in their void. EVER.

EDIT: Good post OP
EDIT2: The archwing thing... I sit above the fray with my Rubico picking off ships and bigger targets like heavy gunners and the turrets. Archwingers arent always doing nothing. Rubico runs out, big targets thin out, out of bullets, ground troops struggling, Im on the ground fighting.

Edited by ThumpumGood

The problem with the vote kick systems is the abuse. If I join a squad which basically a friends squad or a premade squad and they do feel I am annoying or just "not in the same branch" they could push the vote kick option then I lose all my progress what I did there if I have a time to collect at all. Troll players are troll players and options like this won't solve the problem but I agree with the other part if someone leech or just act like an anti player "ruining others fun, sabotage others progress" also not an acceptable option. 

Currently the best option to go with friends or play with your clan mates and the last resort to go solo.

Public games are a domain where random players with random attitudes play the game and noone can control the rest of the team or say how they should play. This is always a risky approach and in other games always it was because you don't know whom you will meet. 

Option would be a passive afk timer but that timer can be bypassed with macros or with some moving. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GreeneLanterne said:

...the abuse....

Yes... the abuse is why we NEED the vote to kick. If you abuse the rest of the group with farming things instead of doing the mission, you are abusing the other three and they should be able to kick you. And Im willing to bet you're one of those. Im sick of hearing how the system would be abused. If the devs can [put it in the game, they can take it out. *coughLoRcough* So Im done with this tantrum by the people who ignore the mission and do whatever they feel like and waste everyone else's time.

25 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Yes... the abuse is why we NEED the vote to kick. If you abuse the rest of the group with farming things instead of doing the mission, you are abusing the other three and they should be able to kick you. And Im willing to bet you're one of those. Im sick of hearing how the system would be abused. If the devs can [put it in the game, they can take it out. *coughLoRcough* So Im done with this tantrum by the people who ignore the mission and do whatever they feel like and waste everyone else's time.

I am not abuse the system at all. I play with my clan and with friends but mostly solo. I rarely play public because most of the players making a race game who reach first the exit what is not my mode to play. 

Good to know you suppose to me I am a leecher without actually playing with me or knowing me. 

There are options to avoid the leechers but the kick option generates more toxic players and then the forum will be filled with threads x y kicked me ban them etc.

The mission in game is to have fun and play the way you can or have. That is why if you looking for a specific thing you go with others or using recruit chat. 

Edited by GreeneLanterne
  • Like 5

That was the reason for the post. Everyone keeps complaining that vote to kick or other said options would be abused so in turn you let leeches abuse you right now or completely avoid public play because there is no option to stop people from abusing the game i enjoy. 

1 hour ago, ThumpumGood said:

no one is talking about MR10 or less. We know they are slow and trying to figure out the frame they're building. We get it. It's you 10+ vet who know better but do it anyway cuz you think it's funny.

This exactly, almost all of the people leeching and afking are 20+mr and why do they do it because its accepted and there is no way to stop it. Instead of trying to come up with some sort of solution its vote to kick wont work no other system or idea will work its better to just let them keep abusing us this way instead. I and ALOT of others disagree. I would much rather be kicked and reque than have a person stand there and get 100% of the same rewards as me for doing absolutely nothing and even worse getting more because they were off collecting other stuff while i was completing the objectives. I not trying to be toxic in any way but saying this isnt a issue and to  play a online multiplayer game solo or in a clan only is ridiculous. 

39 minutes ago, Campaigner said:

I like how these threads are always made by console players.

Right because console people are so inferior. I play tons of pc games. Tons of mmos, first person shooters and alittle of everything some games i enjoy on the console better this being one of them. A big reason is i play this game with my son. Theres a issue with a game i enjoy and this thread was posted as a means of trying to find a solution to solve it. 

Edited by (PS4)OriginalSilthos

3 hours ago, (PS4)OriginalSilthos said:

That was the reason for the post. Everyone keeps complaining that vote to kick or other said options would be abused so in turn you let leeches abuse you right now or completely avoid public play because there is no option to stop people from abusing the game i enjoy. 

This exactly, almost all of the people leeching and afking are 20+mr and why do they do it because its accepted and there is no way to stop it. Instead of trying to come up with some sort of solution its vote to kick wont work no other system or idea will work its better to just let them keep abusing us this way instead. I and ALOT of others disagree. I would much rather be kicked and reque than have a person stand there and get 100% of the same rewards as me for doing absolutely nothing and even worse getting more because they were off collecting other stuff while i was completing the objectives. I not trying to be toxic in any way but saying this isnt a issue and to  play a online multiplayer game solo or in a clan only is ridiculous. 

It's about wasting time that is precious to a great number of people. If you want to mosey along, do it outside of missions. Which is why I love the idea. I want to get my missions done so I can move on to the next thing. the only containers, including caches, that have anything besides very small sums of garbage are the rare containers and the chaces of an argon crystal in the void.

Nobody is talking about preventing anyone from farming the hell out of containers, fish and ore. Just not in bounties, sorties, fissures, alerts, invasions and events where the idea IS speed runs. For bounties the solution is to disable fishing spears and mining tools. For the rest- kick feature. When Im after a mission reward like Gladiator Vice (dam you RNGeebus!) I want to run as many as fast as I can. And if you're going mining and fishing... go solo. Otherwise, help it go faster. Find caches, kill X enemies, etc- are all speed missions. Plus, the more team members, the more NPCs show up. If you arent part of the team, you're part of the enemy. Help or leave.

5 hours ago, GreeneLanterne said:

I am not abuse the system at all. I play with my clan and with friends but mostly solo. I rarely play public because most of the players making a race game who reach first the exit what is not my mode to play. 

Good to know you suppose to me I am a leecher without actually playing with me or knowing me. 

There are options to avoid the leechers but the kick option generates more toxic players and then the forum will be filled with threads x y kicked me ban them etc.

The mission in game is to have fun and play the way you can or have. That is why if you looking for a specific thing you go with others or using recruit chat. 

If you dont public often, why are you in this discussion? Why are you against a vote to kick? You fear your clannies? The vote to kick does effect you.

I feel like we need some clarity on what exactly a leecher is.

Lets say i join a game, annnnd its a banshee mashing 4 and killing everything on the map. am i leecher for sticking around and not doing anything and getting rewarded? i mean...yes. yes i am. im doing nothing as one player does everything. but what the hell are you expecting players like me to do? rush round the map rampantly pretending to do something? woh what a fun and engaging experience when you could instead watch youtube as this one player just presses a button over and over. its not like i DONT want to help, but what am i expected to do other then stand there and look pretty? 

on the other side of a coin, is this thread talking about the players who join a game with people actually enjoying the game? people with none meta builds and weapons and simply trying to kick some ass and enjoy the game. (yes they exist, i am one of them :P ) and they just sit on the side lines and do nothing? in that respect i get this outrage and desire for a kick option. when you can see your team is actually struggling you should try to pitch in. so in that respect i get it. 

the problem is, both styles of play are in effect, and when ever you join a pub you duno what your gona land with. hardcore farmers who just wana get the job done or the casual joe simply there to use his new machete. honestly, if you dont want leechers, the best solution is honestly the squad option setting. play solo, play with friends or with your clan. is there realy a need for a vote kick when the banshee feels so entitled to there loot that they are gona kick anyone who stands still for two seconds in there game, after joining pubs? sod that if you ask me, tis the risk you take when playing in pubs. simple as. 

• Like 1

ok so 

1 hour ago, Colin248 said:

I feel like we need some clarity on what exactly a leecher is

Read all the comments above. Im not gonna fault anyone for someone running thru killing everything b4 you or someone else might get there. Im talking about the people that just sideline at the start and get this DO NOTHING. I go to some missions sometimes and someone blazes thru doesnt bother me in the least as long as hes completing the objectives. Alerts, regular missions and bounties are meant to be ran fast thats what seperates warframe from alot of other games the movement and speed. Farming mats, long survival, eidolons are things you would group or clan up with. And not onky do you do everything while they afk or farm whatever you still got to wait to extract while they continue to farm or stand there and the ones farming got more loot than you for you doing everything sounds fair right.

6 hours ago, Campaigner said:

Edited by (PS4)OriginalSilthos

How I played WoW:

Never, ever queue with less than 2 friends, because you do NOT want randoms controlling the votekick.

How I play warframe:

Put on public, pick mission, push go.

.. I kind of like warframe's way better, even with leeches. 

(also, the idea of allowing kicking between missions seems fine) 

7 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

If you dont public often, why are you in this discussion? Why are you against a vote to kick? You fear your clannies? The vote to kick does effect you.

Because I still do public - mainly defense and survival with randoms and I do not wanted to be kicked because the others think my slot is wasted or just they reserved my place to other. The no reason kicks are annoying and many will do it without punishment. The vote kick effect anyone who plays public matches. 

With clan mates or friends there is no problem here because you know the other or in private or on the internet but played a lot to know how others react. The public is a different case because noone controls the others but with vote kick you give a tool to the trolls aswell not only for the players whom want to rid the leeching. This is a two sided blade and you cannot do it without screwing others.

45 minutes ago, GreeneLanterne said:

Because I still do public - mainly defense and survival with randoms and I do not wanted to be kicked because the others think my slot is wasted or just they reserved my place to other. The no reason kicks are annoying and many will do it without punishment. The vote kick effect anyone who plays public matches. 

With clan mates or friends there is no problem here because you know the other or in private or on the internet but played a lot to know how others react. The public is a different case because noone controls the others but with vote kick you give a tool to the trolls aswell not only for the players whom want to rid the leeching. This is a two sided blade and you cannot do it without screwing others.

You are being baited.  Ignore and move on.