degrida

Is the Duviri an enemy faction or friendly faction?

As the title states, which one are they? If they are an enemy faction, what reason would they have to attack us. If they are friendly, are they a syndicate or an open world faction?

assuming they're a neo-Orokin cult (they look like they are), I'd say enemy, but then I hate the orokin themselves because they did all sorts of horrible things to people and kept making mistakes that tore the entire system apart. chances are they'll be open world (hence Plains* of Duviri); neutral at first and we'll have to earn rep for them, capped by MR and a daily limit ofc. get ready for another rep grind!

*Steve said he was meaning to spell it as Plains, he just didn't bother correcting it. since Plains is the actual term here, we can assume that the Plains of Duviri is another open-world location. 

• Like 1

I prefer the Duviri as enemies simply just because if they were Tenno's allies, there would be much fewer things they would provide us, fewer interactions, less impact on any of our action, just like how all 6 syndicates, the Ostron, Solaris, Quills do. Boring af. And that's another Grind Wall that some people are complaining about.

If a new faction, after hidden for a pretty long time and none of the current factions knew who and where they were, not even any Orokin lore mentioned about them, suddenly appeared in our solar systems and asked to help Tenno, it would be freaking absurb. They should be aliens came from far away and if they were able to travel to our solar systems, their technology would be on unimaginable level. Would be interesting if all current factions, one day would temporarily ally with each others to bombard a shiet ton of barrage against the Duviri.

Edited by Diangelius

51 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

assuming they're a neo-Orokin cult (they look like they are), I'd say enemy, but then I hate the orokin themselves because they did all sorts of horrible things to people and kept making mistakes that tore the entire system apart. chances are they'll be open world (hence Plains* of Duviri); neutral at first and we'll have to earn rep for them, capped by MR and a daily limit ofc. get ready for another rep grind!

*Steve said he was meaning to spell it as Plains, he just didn't bother correcting it. since Plains is the actual term here, we can assume that the Plains of Duviri is another open-world location. 

It could be another plane of the Plains of Eidolon. The Unum (and the Quills that serve it) have ties to a multiverse, after all.

Edited by MasterBurik
miss-wording
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I thought what he said was "intentional misspelling" - meaning it as a pun on the Plains of Eidolon, but he fully meant to have it as "Planes" implying multiple alternate existences. 

Also he mentioned working on a new tile set for it, not an open world map.  Though they could theoretically overlap if moving through it made you pass through pocket dimensions or shifting architecture and space (what would be a good example of this?  The Plane of Elemental Chaos from DnD?).  They seem to have already poked at this idea before, and are now trying it "for real" after the Lua spy vaults, the relics, and the original framing device for the Sanctuary. 

As far as enemy/friendly goes, why not both?  If the character they showed art for was, for instance, some kind of inter dimensional gatekeeper, he might have reason to be helpful if there was something that he needed culled before it got out of hand, but also might look at us in the same way. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

My money is definitively upon the "New Syndicate" aspect of things, but it's still unclear what they may offer or what we would do to appease them.

Heh, perhaps Barro will try to fake his way into their good graces in order to acquire their faux-Orokin items.

Alternatively, he's sent in as a plant in order to find out more about them, and our earned ranks will allow us to dig deeper and deeper and deeper into the heart of the organization.

• Like 1

I am beting on the "parallel world"/"void plane" idea, the Duviri are probable some type of "Neo Orokin" species or they have something to do whit the Void, they probably live in their own plane of existence. We will probably get a lore bomb on them in "The New War".

• Like 1

12 hours ago, degrida said:

As the title states, which one are they? If they are an enemy faction, what reason would they have to attack us. If they are friendly, are they a syndicate or an open world faction?

It's a new faction... like Infested, Coropus, Corruped and Grineer are factions I would assume: much needed new enemies.

I would say it would be friendly faction on another, this time infested themed, open map

3 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Is anything friendly in Warframe?

Baro....as long as you keep buying from him. For real tho i would say Clem, ya Clem :clem:

• Like 1

They look like the race that Ballas originated from, before becoming Orokin. Also the image we have clearly shows them as tyrants ruling over the weak. Clearly enemies.

Pls be an enemy, I would like to fight new enemies and faction. We have enough allies for the syndicates at the moment

On 2019-01-20 at 8:32 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

assuming they're a neo-Orokin cult (they look like they are)

Maybe, but no one actually knows what an orokin looked like, only their bodies that they chose to live in. because of what we learned of the orokin continuity, it is possible that ballas performed a continuity with a duviri, stealing one of their bodies. maybe they're a friendly faction? they might have a bone to pick with ballas, and since we stabbed him in the gut, they might be on our side

January 21st? Weak. I once saw a guy resurrect a 2 year old thread - which I started - in another forum site.

You have much to learn, young necromancer.

Edited by KnossosTNC